Pressure from Day 1

Madjid Moments

Looking at the fixtures I think we have an opportunity to get at them from day 1.

Pressure is mounting already then we come to Saturday. We play first at 1:30pm and they don’t kick off until 8pm.

We play Malmö Tuesday and a positive result ramps it up ahead of them playing Thursday.

Then following weekend we play Saturday and they play Sunday.

The week after Tuesday and Thursday split again.

The chance to land the first blows is vital, get off to a positive start it’s piles more pressure on them and they will crumble in my opinion!

I agree. There is massive pressure on them already given the state of the squad, the unsettled players looking for an escape and the early CL exit.

They were already going to be under pressure after we won the league but nothing gives them a bigger boost than us failing to start well.

I think Stevie and the players will be fully aware of that though.

Good shout OP

If we win well on Saturday it defo puts the pressure on them

Hope we can get past Malmö into PO game and again they will feel it if we do

The more pressure on them the better

Good shout OP

By end of August going into the first international break we will be minimum 3 points ahead of them. But I think it will be 5, can see them drawing at Tynecastle

Last edited:
So before they have kicked a ball at Sharkhead they could be 5 or 6 points a drift of us. Lovely!

We have to go for the jugular right from the start.

i just don’t want us getting to carried away and thinking the league is won before a ball is kicked but I’m sure SG and the players will have their heads down and focused at the task infront of the them.

I can see Hearts pumping them on Saturday. Hopefully Halliday has them fired up. The scum are definitely there for the taking.

We play before them in 4 out of the first 5 weeks - the other one is the old firm game. I’m not sure if Skyhave finalised their early selections (they have some diddy team games selected for the subsequent weekends), but we then appear to play at the same time as them twice.

Plenty of opportunities to crank up the pressure if we continue from where we left off last season.

It's just a pity that they are playing away on Saturday. The hordes will be on their back at the first sign of trouble. They could easily crumble far quicker, and harder, than last season

Go for the throat right from the off and we will see a Timplosion that is off the scale.

It's just a pity that they are playing away on Saturday. The hordes will be on their back at the first sign of trouble. They could easily crumble far quicker, and harder, than last season

Go for the throat right from the off and we will see a Timplosion that is off the scale.
Don’t worry, if they drop points Saturday night then rest assured there will be 1000s of them at the carpark come 9.45pm lol

They are where they are because they took their eye off the ball and didn’t believe we could challenge.

I don’t see us making the same mistake. Keep our foot on the gas and concentrate solely on ourselves.

I could see Ange resigning or being forced out if we inflict a heavy defeat on them ant the end of August. No manager, 6 points behind and the transfer window closed would be a good scenario.

100% record going into the Old Firm, skelp them at Ibrox and it’ll be a full on meltdown from their fans that they won’t recover from

Played 4 games and yet to win one. If they don't take the three points on Saturday i think this guy might not see the end of August.

Think they'll draw on Saturday. Pressure is deffo already on and I am enjoying it! A shame potofglue will be gone come end of November.

Stevie Clarke will be in post come January!

Think they'll draw on Saturday. Pressure is deffo already on and I am enjoying it! A shame potofglue will be gone come end of November.

Stevie Clarke will be in post come January!
Stevie Clarke coming in to change a system that Ange has spunked millions on players to suit would be hilarious

Looking at the fixtures I think we have an opportunity to get at them from day 1.

Pressure is mounting already then we come to Saturday. We play first at 1:30pm and they don’t kick off until 8pm.

We play Malmö Tuesday and a positive result ramps it up ahead of them playing Thursday.

The chance to land the first blows is vital, get off to a positive start it’s piles more pressure on them and they will crumble in my opinion!
Very good point this and one im sure Gerrard and co are aware of

we have a chance to really put the foot on their throats and im confident we will too

What a time to be a bear

Paddy Power have Rangers as 4/9 favourites to win the league.

I wonder if they will announce that they will pay out on Rangers as Champions on Saturday night, after Hearts takes points off them?

Now that would be pressure. B-D

FBS

Despite his attempts to downplay it last night, it is a disastrous start for him.

Failure to get the league campaign off to a winning start at Tynecastle on Sunday and the pressure on him will be tremendous already.

OGAAT on a messageboard is meaningless.

I spent all last season ruffling the jimmies of the gods of bad juju:

Its almost like fans on a football forum can enjoy themselves, talk about what they want, predict scores, laugh at the opposition and there is zero relationship between these things and the outcome of subsequent football games.

I can see Hearts pumping them on Saturday. Hopefully Halliday has them fired up. The scum are definitely there for the taking.

It’s Hearts mate. The scum are woefully bad and I could see some of the other teams beating them, but Hearts have just had a season in the Championship and will be miles off it.

Didn't we play the team that finished 3rd the previous season, 3 years in a row?
They get to play the newly promoted teams in their first 2 games.
Random af.

What you make sense but it all boils down to one thing and one thing only.

WE take care of ourselves first and foremost.

I said the same last weekend, they lose in the CL then the knives are getting sharpened. WE win and then they drop points this Saturday and the pressure is ramped up big time.

If your scenario comes to pass it is anyone's guess what the fruit o'loops will come up with.

You do know that the fixtures have never, ever been random and that they have never, ever been described as such by anyone other than FF punters?
It was definitely said at one point mate. However, I have always known it isn't.

I think they released this article after the tims had to play 3 away games after the split. Something that we have done far more than them. The random computer stories started then.

Last edited:
Stevie G's mantra of one game at a time served us well last season. I wouldn't change from that and I'm more success will follow.

Unless they improve dramatically with a few signings ,i see nothing to worry about.
That side and manager are miles short of where we are.
Europe is our aim this year ,CL group stage because domestically ,,they are no threat.

They will not beat Hearts on Saturday. That backline will crumble at Tynecastle. Just a shame it won't be a full house of Hearts fans giving them pelters

If they lose against hearts and next midweek it will absolutely break them
Even if they draw with Hearts

Last year I believe they drew 11 games and lost 5 in the league

22 points dropped to draws and 15 in defeats.

Draws are every bit as damaging for the OF as a loss pretty much. Posters on here lost site of that last year when they’d barely lost a league game going into the hectic winter period, but we’re shipping points to draws left, right and centre.

OGAAT on a messageboard is meaningless.

I spent all last season ruffling the jimmies of the gods of bad juju:

Its almost like fans on a football forum can enjoy themselves, talk about what they want, predict scores, laugh at the opposition and there is zero relationship between these things and the outcome of subsequent football games.

Post just puts me in mind of the poster who started the thread basically saying he couldn't cope watching our games, and wondered if anyone else was the same.

Wild.

Post just puts me in mind of the poster who started the thread basically saying he couldn't cope watching our games, and wondered if anyone else was the same.

Wild.
We’re gonna have people on here predicting the reemergence of Celtic every year until it happens, then claiming Nostradamus like powers of prediction. They were wrong last year, they’ll be wrong this year. Eventually they’ll be correct. But why should they get credit for that. They could be wrong 5, 6, 7 years in a row. And then try and make out they’re so clever for seeing it coming.

No one denies there will be a shift of power again. But there is no good or sensible reason to predict that right now. It’s mental.

I reckon they'll finish August on 5 points:

Draw tomorrow
Beat Dundee
Draw with St Mirren
We will scud them

Left in our dust from the word go.

Edit - 4 points now B-)

Last edited:
Back