Pressure on the Bheasts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s a kind of defence mechanism with me because I always say they’ll win at home whilst crossing my fingers and praying they’ll get gubbed.

They've dropped 13 points out of a possible 42 so far. That's about 30%.

Puts them on course for a 79 point season.

They are dropping points about 1 in every 3 matches.

I would be very surprised if they don't drop a few more points over the next month. If they won all 8 up to the winter break then that would be a 10 game winning run. I don't see that happening to be honest.

Plus they are under pressure trying to catch up and league final forces them to squeeze in an extra match and could be a bit of a distraction too.

We'll see what happens.

They'll romp it tomorrow IMO however all we can keep doing is doing our bit like tonight - no-one can take that away from us (although they'll try)

They rarely romp anything mate, however, apart from their game against us, when everyone expected them to get beat, they have dropped points when least expected.

Losing and drawing with Livingston, as well as drawing at home to Dundee United were definitely suprises.

They'll definitely continue to drop points, but it might not be when we always expect it.

Every team only ever raise there game against us
The bheasts will win comfortably by a couple of goals

Not true mate.

Livingston have beaten and drawn with them.

Hearts have beaten them and pushed them close at the piggery.

Aberdeen outplayed them at Pittodrie and lost to a fluke goal last week.

They're just not as good as they think they are and struggle in a lot of games.
Teams fancy their chances against them and give it a go.

If hearts have any ambition of keeping on our coat tails then this is the games they need to be winning or getting something from , this is a chance for them this season to finish 2nd and get a CL qualifier next season ,if that doesnt motivate hearts players then they shouldnt be playing football

I heard the start of the BBC radio Scotland news - Celtc tonight will try and eat into Rangers 7 point lead. Of course they have tonights game in hand, but they dont have the points yet, just a wee added bit of pressure, more on the fans probably.

Have they not lost 3 times and drew at home twice. They'll probably win tomorrow but they'll drop points
It’s like last season and the first 14 games of this season never happened

It doesn’t matter what is occurring in the real world, people will not stop parroting these daft sound bites

A nice idea but really when do Scottish Teams ever put them under pressure? Everybody can see their defence is flimsy and if you are bold enough to attack it you will get plenty joy.

However do you really think Hearts are capable of doing that, Robbie Neilson capable or organising that?

Rangers will never get a favour from Scotland and as always itll be up to ourselves to make the difference.

I wouldnt want it any other way.

WATP
Hearts already beat them this season

Celtic have dropped points in more than a third of their league games this season

Yes, the better team are favourites at home. But let’s stop with this unbeatable force nonsense that is patently false

Hearts haven’t had a result in their last 5 away matches, that’s not changing away to them. Frustrating we dropped two points to them as they are bang average.

They've dropped 13 points out of a possible 42 so far. That's about 30%.

Puts them on course for a 79 point season.

They are dropping points about 1 in every 3 matches.

I would be very surprised if they don't drop a few more points over the next month. If they won all 8 up to the winter break then that would be a 10 game winning run. I don't see that happening to be honest.

Plus they are under pressure trying to catch up and league final forces them to squeeze in an extra match and could be a bit of a distraction too.

We'll see what happens.
No time for common sense and logic when people are catastrophising about them winning every league game at a canter

If Hearts keep Jota and Kyogo quiet they will fancy there chances - I suspect however the bheasts will win 2-0.

Tomorrow is must win for the animals against good Hearts side who have performed well against them this season!
Shark 2 the sequel this time tomorrow a distinct possibility!
They play after us 4 games in a row. They got some luck against an awful Aberdeen. Hearts have decent keeper and defence. United on Sunday is tricky. Its all about pressure and who handles it. Our defence looks more solid, their is leaky

Hearts already beat them this season

Celtic have dropped points in more than a third of their league games this season

Yes, the better team are favourites at home. But let’s stop with this unbeatable force nonsense that is patently false
True but its not a barometer of the season as its panned out and really watching that game Celt!c couldve score a few and won quite easily. They just looked really shaky and it cost them big time. Theyre obvs a much better side now in terms of players being fit and available.

I dont doubt were Hearts to be even remotely well organised and offer an attacking threat the game is there for the taking but you so rarely see any Scottish teams do that vs them so its highly unlikely.

Who knows, maybe Robbie has a miracle up his sleeve.

If Hearts keep Jota and Kyogo quiet they will fancy there chances - I suspect however the bheasts will win 2-0.
This is it. They are a two man team. Stop Jota and the Japanese Diver they have nothing left.

The depth of their squad is terrible, 2 injuries and they are gubbed.

Them dropping points tonight is doubtful, but not impossible.

I think they will win tonight but they do struggle in matches playing after us especially if we won. They would have been thinking we might have dropped points last night based on the semi final result so that was a big 3 points and they know they have to get the job done.

Hearts are pish despite the hype. Fully expect Savco to win tonight, especially with the biggest serial cheat in Scottish football up front. (unsurprisingly not discussed unlike stonewall Rangers penalties).
We concentrate on ourselves keep winning and beat Savco in January. League over.

And we’ll have an extra league game because they’re in the cup final. I’m hoping for a 9 point gap going into the next OF.
I never even thought of that. A chance to go in to the new year 12 points ahead would cause riots.

Here's hoping GVB can keep up this momentum!

Hearts haven't won away from home since the end of August, so based on form the best we can hope for is a draw, which I don't mind as it's still points dropped by the scum and one step closer to a shark frenzy

No time for common sense and logic when people are catastrophising about them winning every league game at a canter

I suppose its possible that they go on a monster winning run of 10 to 15 games but looking at things it just seems highly unlikely.

Heading into the 2nd Old Firm last season they had dropped 11 points from 18 games. This is supposed to be the worst Celtic team blah blah blah.

Right now they have dropped 13 from 14 games.

Nothing about them recently suggests that they are going to go on a big run. Then you add in the pressure. They are 7 behind now and if we beat Dundee on Saturday they will be playing catch up again for the 2nd time in 4 days.

At least we can look to last season and show that our group of players have done this all before. They've got some inexperienced manager and a squad that hasn't really been tested yet.

0000240487.jpeg

True but its not a barometer of the season as its panned out and really watching that game Celt!c couldve score a few and won quite easily. They just looked really shaky and it cost them big time. Theyre obvs a much better side now in terms of players being fit and available.

I dont doubt were Hearts to be even remotely well organised and offer an attacking threat the game is there for the taking but you so rarely see any Scottish teams do that vs them so its highly unlikely.

Who knows, maybe Robbie has a miracle up his sleeve.
Celtic dropping points is hardly a miracle. It’s happened in 5/14 league games. More than 1/3.
3 defeats in 14.

We need to move away from these daft narratives

We toiled against St Boo on Saturday until we scored, start like that tonight or even worse employ the approach we took in the league cup game and it’ll be 2 or 3 by half time.

If we press at the right times and Baningime has one of his better games we are in with a shout.

1-1, Souttar from a set piece.
Is Baningime not missing through injury?

We toiled against St Boo on Saturday until we scored, start like that tonight or even worse employ the approach we took in the league cup game and it’ll be 2 or 3 by half time.

If we press at the right times and Baningime has one of his better games we are in with a shout.

1-1, Souttar from a set piece.
Sadly Baningime is out according to Neilson

1 player who I think could've made the difference in that midfield where the mentally challengeds struggle

Can't see hearts winning unfortunately. Maybe sneak a draw and a few long term injuries for them and I'd be happy.

Not true mate.

Livingston have beaten and drawn with them.

Hearts have beaten them and pushed them close at the piggery.

Aberdeen outplayed them at Pittodrie and lost to a fluke goal last week.

They're just not as good as they think they are and struggle in a lot of games.
Teams fancy their chances against them and give it a go.
.....but they are the foremost passers of a football in Europe today.

I suppose its possible that they go on a monster winning run of 10 to 15 games but looking at things it just seems highly unlikely.

Heading into the 2nd Old Firm last season they had dropped 11 points from 18 games. This is supposed to be the worst Celtic team blah blah blah.

Right now they have dropped 13 from 14 games.

Nothing about them recently suggests that they are going to go on a big run. Then you add in the pressure. They are 7 behind now and if we beat Dundee on Saturday they will be playing catch up again for the 2nd time in 4 days.

At least we can look to last season and show that our group of players have done this all before. They've got some inexperienced manager and a squad that hasn't really been tested yet.
Exactly, I was looking at that earlier. They have to win their next 4 to stay just behind what they accrued last season. Yet many on here we’re adamant they were going to be miles better. Its a 50:50 proposition right now whether or not they end up with more points at all.

They were a fluke of a goal away from dropping two points at the weekend.
They could well drop points tonight and Sunday. They are not very good.

Here’s hoping the ‘let’s throw another shrimp on the barby’ meme makes an appearance later. :D

They were a fluke of a goal away from dropping two points at the weekend.
They could well drop points tonight and Sunday. They are not very good.
Na, they’re unstoppable and it will take a miracle to avoid defeat to them. Apart from those many games over the last year and a half where they have lost or drawn of course. But apart from that, they’re an unstoppable force.

Celtic dropping points is hardly a miracle. It’s happened in 5/14 league games. More than 1/3.
3 defeats in 14.

We need to move away from these daft narratives
Celt!c have the strongest home record in the League as stands, its not that daft to assume theyll win tonight. Equally Hearts away record isnt any great shake so Im not sure where the pressure is coming from.

Delighted to be wrong though, so we'll see what happens.

Potential certainly there for them to drop points tonight. If Hearts dont concede early and press and hassle the life out them could be interesting.
Just need to see how it pans out I suppose, pressure all on them though.

If there is one team apart from ourselves who are usually up for the game with Timbo, and won''t lie down to them like Aberdeen, Hibs et al will, it is Hearts. That is especially the case at Tynecastle, maybe less so at Porkheid. That said Hearts are usually well up for the game with ourselves too. I envisage a draw tonight.

Being realistic / practical / logical - I can't see hertz out playing them - or even coming close to matching them in open play

It's more than feasible though - that they could thwart them with spoiling tactics, resolute defending & with a bit of luck in the final third

Ceptic have mistakes & weaknesses in them & have generally papered over any cracks by being an attacking force - first & foremost
Regrettably no one at the moment is properly testing their defence

But hertz can upset their rhythm - at least for a short time -
So I'm hoping for the best - preferably scoring a winner with a dodgy 'soft' penalty conceded in stoppage time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back