Pressure the Dhims on the 23rd

cav

While we might not have 200m players,the Paedo's defensive frailties have been shown up by St. Johnstone amongst others before last night.They look weak when under any sort of pressure.

The lad Ralston is their weakest point by a distance,Simunovic is prone to errors and Lustig's legs aren't what they were.Tierney's decent,but Candeias' experience will give him problems and curtail his attacking attributes I believe to a large extent.Broonaldo is not protecting the back four anything like he should do either.

Timing is everything sometimes,we need to get after them come the 23rd and press these bastards.Their cracks are starting to appear this season imo.

Craig Gordon is their weakest point. He is atrocious. Two of PSG's goals were his fault last night, and the other three were entirely saveable.

If I was Pedro, I'd have us shooting from everywhere and constantly closing him down.

I really do hope so, a win over them at any time is good but after last season's debacle this would be just so sweet as they're convinced that they're turning up to give us another mauling.....GERIGHTINTAETHEMRANGERS!!

Craig Gordon is their weakest point. He is atrocious. Two of PSG's goals were his fault last night, and the other three were entirely saveable.

If I was Pedro, I'd have us shooting from everywhere and constantly closing him down.
Good point,his kicking in particular is shocking.Closing him down should be the first point of attack.

They are used to swanning around the pitch with teams paying them too much respect. Hopefully we can get them on the back foot and see how they cope after we score out first goal.

I know it was only Dunfermline but during the recent League Cup game, whenever we did not have the ball we harried and closed them down very quickly for the whole game. Too many recent games against Celtic have seen us with one man up and then a big gap to our midfield. Brown, Gordon and the back four have had plenty of time to play the ball about and not have anyone breathing down their necks.

We must also be aware of their forward movement which, unfortunately, is very good. Runners peel away from our midfield and defence and they bypass us with simple one two's. When we get the ball we have lost possession easily because of poor passing, lack of forward movement from our team and because they close us down quickly.

I know it is a different team we have now but at the Ne'erday game, we looked comfortable and were leading. Basic lack of concentration from a corner caused the equaliser.

I agree their defence seems to look suspect and I hope we can prove that. What we cannot afford is the sort of insipid display we had at Hampden and the overall collapse of our team during the last Ibrox game.

We have to stop them from passing the ball about on the park and pressure toe to toe from the off.
The amount of times we let Jakey Broon just stroll about the park last season infuriated me.

We have to stop them from passing the ball about on the park and pressure toe to toe from the off.
The amount of times we let Jakey Broon just stroll about the park last season infuriated me.

we'll stick 2 sitters in there on him and Ntcham. Rossiter and Jack.

Need to put pressure on that cretin Brown. Nobody went near him last year and he was allowed to stroll through the games. Put pressure on him and he is dreadful.

I'd say all the pressure is on us, no matter the Partick scores. We know their current league record, we know how long it is since we beat them.

Need to get tore right in about them from the off.

Anytime I have watched a team give them a proper game, it's been the same few things that I've noticed.

As they are used to getting things their own way, letting teams stand off them and hit them on the counter, they break the ball up in midfield and recycle play very quickly. This is where they launch their counter attacks to make the most of their wing play. Teams go in with a shape and they drag them out of it, making it easy for them to expose this.

They are also used to having a lot of the ball. Take this away from them, and positionally, they take more risks to win the ball back.

This is where going 4-5-1 against them is key and playing the very similar jack and rossiter partnership. 4-5-1 with 2 holding midfielders will see them frustrated.

Also, taking the game to them is something they don't get very often. We have improved drastically at closing down the ball at all opportunities, by making them rush passes will see them lose possession. Sit tight on both wings and that will stop them playing.

They are no where as good as they or their compliant press poodles think they are.

I believe that they have gotten steadily worse and whilst last season against them there was a sizeable gap, we have strengthened and progressed and they have not.

Holt/Halliday Jack/Dorrans
Kiernan/Wilson/Hill Bruno/Cardosa
Waghorn/Garner Morelos/Herrera
McKay Candeias (especially work rate and helping his full back)

Broon is getting slower, their central defence can be got at, Dembele injured/returning

If we play with belief and passion then we can beat them.

In terms of the league if we are close to them watch them splash cash in a desperate bid January.

I feel like 4-2-3-1, with unfortunately no miller - is the correct approach for us in that match.

Energy and guile will get at them, their defence is incredibly weak and most of their attacking impotus is with Armstrong and the two full backs, stop them and the Tims struggle.

I'd say Fod, Tav, Bruno, Cardoso, Wallace, Rossiter, Jack, Dorrans, Windass, Candeias, Morelos.

pace, pressure and intelligence in the side.

We need to not let their midfield over run us, if we get a grip on the midfield we will beat them, that's what cost us dearly last season

Need to take the game to them right from the start. As has already been mentioned Gordon is a weak link so any cross balls are going to be productive

Winning midfield is key and I think that we should play Rossiter to bolster that area at the expense of Kenny. I couldn't stomach seeing that twat Brown strolling it again. They should take it in turns to clobber him and let him know his reign is over.

Cant see anyone mention it yet but I honestly think you stop Sinclair you stop them. He tore us to shreds in the Ibrox game last season which wasn't identified early enough for me. We need someone strong against him, which in my mind is not Tav, considering how much he likes to get forward and therefore leaving us exposed.

I feel like 4-2-3-1, with unfortunately no miller - is the correct approach for us in that match.

Energy and guile will get at them, their defence is incredibly weak and most of their attacking impotus is with Armstrong and the two full backs, stop them and the Tims struggle.

I'd say Fod, Tav, Bruno, Cardoso, Wallace, Rossiter, Jack, Dorrans, Windass, Candeias, Morelos.

pace, pressure and intelligence in the side.
^This is the team I'd like to see as well,Windass' speed against Ralston could be vital and Dorrans would be much better in an advanced midfield position-while dropping in to make a three in central midfield when we don't have the ball stops us getting outnumbered there.Again vital.
Both fullbacks need to be on their game as well,especially from a defensive point of view.

Hibs and Hearts........need I say anything more my god this place was off their but filling wanting the manager shot :D

Why not just perhaps keep a calm head go into Friday.

We are only one defeat from disaster.

Folk saying we'll beat that lot. Seriously on what basis do we have that right?

We are doing okay just now and that's about it. We need to keep grounded.

Been here far to often loyal :D

A win for us would massively improve our confidence for the rest of the season and do the opposite for them. Get a win at Thistle first and foremost.

Not even thinking of the celtic game. 2 massive games coming up away to Partick. I hate playing teams back to back. Just need to go all out and win both games and pray that we do not get an injury to someone like Alves or Morelos

Latest posts

Back