Priorities for the new manager

A young top class goalkeeper first for me . All the rest can be worked on between Xmas and the start of next season. It seems that so many teams can absorb our “crosses into dangerous areas tactic” and then score at will with one of their two or three chances.

Rebuild start in Jan, stop them winning a treble, finish or mostly finish the rebuild in the summer and then win the league.

Would be nice.

I think when we get players fitness up and others back from injury and a proper style of play we will be surprised how much better we are and with a couple of signings I honestly think we will more than match that lot.

Command respect and get the team fit.

Decide who is no longer of use and get folk out door or extended if they will give 100%

Get rid of McGregor and McLaughlin and get a proper number 1 keeper.

Sort out defending and attacking set pieces.

Get the team creating clear cut chances by playing intelligent attacking football and nor predictable plodding shite.

Win, win, win.
Sign minimum 2 players who go straight into starting 11 in January.
Sign another 4 players in the summer who go straight into starting 11.
This may be controversial but I'd get rid of Lundstram.

- back to basics for sure
- get this group fitter, stronger, more aggressive
- more disciplined
- better organized
- a game plan
- playing to the players strengths
- install confidence, belief, motivation, desire, passion
- awareness
- lift the place
- standards met
- togetherness
- a clear plan and vision in place
- game plan throughout the 90
- tactical aware and astute
- better decision making
- a better standard of play, performances and results
- break this squad up at the earliest possible opportunity
- show an eye for a player in the January window and get the best out of any signing

A young top class goalkeeper first for me . All the rest can be worked on between Xmas and the start of next season. It seems that so many teams can absorb our “crosses into dangerous areas tactic” and then score at will with one of their two or three chances.

Definitely in the summer with a keeper January it's not happening. Got Macgregor, Mclaughlin and McCrorie i fully expect McCrorie to go out on loan given there's no European football. If we are to sign a keeper in this window Mclaughlin will need to go even if McCorie goes on loan otherwise we aren't paying for 4 goalkeepers.

Definitely in the summer with a keeper January it's not happening. Got Macgregor, Mclaughlin and McCrorie i fully expect McCrorie to go out on loan given there's no European football. If we are to sign a keeper in this window Mclaughlin will need to go even if McCorie goes on loan otherwise we aren't paying for 4 goalkeepers.
Allan should call it a day and Jon should offer to leave so that he is playing first team football. New keeper comes in and him and McCrorie battle it out for the rest of the season,

Priority has to be fitness its clear we aren't at the same levels as last season. There's a nucleus of a really good squad there and with good coaching with a style of play we will kick on.

Raise morale and belief is number 1 thing to do for me

All the other tasks after that will be made easier

Allan should call it a day and Jon should offer to leave so that he is playing first team football. New keeper comes in and him and McCrorie battle it out for the rest of the season,

Think that's what happens in the summer but I don't see Macgregor retiring half way through a season. I could see Mclaughlin moving on but nothing will happen until Macgregor calls it a day which will be the end of this season.

Think that's what happens in the summer but I don't see Macgregor retiring half way through a season. I could see Mclaughlin moving on but nothing will happen until Macgregor calls it a day which will be the end of this season.
We were too soft and too loyal in the summer.

Priority 1 is to implement a style that suits domestic football and get squad buy-in to the methodology behind it.

Big words - long and short, understand wtf is required and get 11 guys working together.

Priority 2 is taking ownership to a far greater extent of football affairs.

This isn’t something Beale has control over.

He will need support for sure, but every minute that Wilson retains the power he does our timeline to compete goes to the right.

The squad has been allowed to get to a stage that is really worrying. That’s not a 1 transfer window issue.

The new manager needs to be someone who owns a lot more of the day to day. We don’t have football people in charge of operations currently. Give Wilson some credit, the bassey sale was great business.

Patterson equally so IMO.

What sits behind that is the issue. What is next. The transfer model works only on annual flow - even with CL revenue.

There’s nothing next. All there is is a HUGE rebuild job.

I need beale to be given far more ownership than GVB had or wanted.

Last edited:
Fitness and organisation.

Get the transfer targets identified for January and get it right. No more square pegs in round holes.

Whoever gets the job has got a big job on their hands. I really hope proper backing is provided to give the new man a fair chance.

Priority for me is a solid goalkeeper and build from the back out.

The first thing to sort without spending money is the fitness, massive improvements needed.

Complete clear out needed. Full rebuild required from scratch.
It can be done, with a bit of nous and a lot of hard work..

The Fat Greek completely dismantled Popcorn-Teeths losing side and turned them into league winners in two windows.

He got rid of / sold / lost THIRTY THREE players and with the wages he freed up, built a side that went from 25 points behind, to 9 in front.

It CAN be done - we just need a manager who's up for the task.

Part the players sacks and I would possibly rest Tav and give someone else the armband to get his fire back.

The players fitness to start with the goalkeeper should be McCrorie. We need a leader/ captain . We need to look at stop giving players at 30+ a new 4 year contract with no sell on value. We need younger players in to replace the older players that need replaced urgently.. We need to stop signing players that were injury prone at their previous clubs. We need a major rebuild unfortunately. I wouldn't keep many of our players no hunger or passion they seemed to think because we won 55 they have done their job.

The priorities are defined by time. First should be fitness, shape and organisation. Second should be quality loan signings until the end of the season - CB, CF and CAM. Third punt Alfie and anyone else who’s not committed. Fourth permanent signings.
Going by performances so far that's just about the whole team then that needs punted regarding commitment.

Priority for me is a solid goalkeeper and build from the back out.

The first thing to sort without spending money is the fitness, massive improvements needed.
All good sides especially Rangers have been built from the back.
Therefore a good goalkeeper and four reliable defenders.
Goldson fits the bill and probably Yilmaz and Davies.

First thing first win the next 5 league games and we’re a maximum of 6 points behind. You just never know.

What he needs to do is have serious chats with every single player and find out who wants to be here and who doesn’t. I don’t envy the next manager he is inheriting an injured and out of confidence squad.

First thing first win the next 5 league games and we’re a maximum of 6 points behind. You just never know.

What he needs to do is have serious chats with every single player and find out who wants to be here and who doesn’t. I don’t envy the next manager he is inheriting an injured and out of confidence squad.
I think we need an overhaul in the scouting department also, the players signed in the last 2 windows haven't been good for different reasons.

A white jacket with ten foot long arms because it won't take long for him to find out that the squad bequeathed him by the previous manager and a board, for whom he represents their last throw of the dice, is a complete and utter shambles.

As for injuries? he shouldn't be gambling on too many of them playing a starring role for him in the duration of his contract. IF he lasts that long. Hagi and Lawrence, possibly might come back, but they are not part of his initial plans, so it's useless pinning any immediate hopes on them. If Lawerence hits the ground running for next season way-hay, we've got another midfielder, this one just shy of 30, on the books. A fit one would be a bonus.

I have to assume Goldson comes back within the next month. So the manager will have to limp along with him, two full backs who ultimately need phasing out and AN Other as a partner in the centre of defence. Forget Helander and who knows with Souttar. Oh, and we need a goalie. As in a top priority signing. ( are any such creatures available in January?) Either that or give McCrorie the gig straight off the bat, which is a gamble. (But then again so is taking this managerial gig)

Midfield and attack? Unless he can suddenly hypnotise Alfie into giving a toss then get rid of asap. Bomb and strafe that midfield because he needs people in there as of yesterday. Colak he can keep purely and simply because he can score goals, but he is not an Alfie, so he needs a partner and a midfield who are prone to attacking instead of @rseing about with the ball everywhere on the pitch but the last third.

Who knows, if he is a miracle worker he might be able to channel the pace and energy of Sakala and Scott Wright into something more then they give at the moment. If he's a part-time shrink he might get a tune out of Tillman for 90 minutes.

In short, the incoming manager is coming into a disaster area and sadly a good percentage of it is of our own making.

Last edited:
Of the senior players I would keep Goldson, Tav, Colak then…………………. I know it’s not possible to get rid of the rest so let’s hope a new manager can improve them and we can eventually get new signings in? Starting with a new Number 1. Build from the back.

Back