Priorities once we wrap the leagur up if still unbeaten.

Try and bring through some youngsters and maybe rest some senior players, especially if we're still in Europe. The whole unbeaten thing isn't really that important.
^^^^^This, start looking forward to the next season and see if the youngsters are as good as we all hope they are and give them a chance to play and stake a starting place.

If still unbeaten once we wrap the league up would you see this as an opportunity to give game time to the youngsters knocking at the door like Patterson or would you prefer us to take no chances to try and deliver an unbeaten league?

Personally I'm torn. I see the need to give game time to kids who aren't far away and help their development but the opportunity for an unbeaten season doesn't present itself too often.

Nice problem to have! I think we can attempt both. Not wholesale changes but 1 or 2 changes won’t weaken us significantly.

If we wrap it up early give some young boys game time for experience but also it's been a squad that wins it so some should be given more chances

Game time for younger players only if it works around protecting important senior players for an ongoing Euro run but Gerrard won't give shirts away easily and can only see the likes of Patterson and Bassey getting starts. I'd say McLaughlin deserves a run of games to cement his Euro place also.

Unbeaten record is nice, but shouldn't take over the long-term aims of the club IMO. If as it looks likely we are going to win this with 5/6/7 games to spare, we should try and give opportunities to Patterson/Dickson etc. and experiment with players we need to make decisions on for next season like Zungu or who haven't been given a consistent run like Itten. I don't think our quality is going to massively drop off if we do this either, so not sure it would be hugely detrimental to any unbeaten attempt. This might even prove quite functional if we're still in Europe by the last 16/quarters stage, allowing us to offload Tavernier and a few others who have played almost every game this season and keep them fresh for ties where we'll be playing a very high standard of opposition.

I will say though talk of an unbeaten season is a little premature for me at this point, even with 13 to go. We still have two Old Firms, and as we approach the end of this season we are going to be playing teams who frankly have a lot more to play for than us in the league. We seen last week at Motherwell it only takes one off game, so I don't think we can properly say it's within reach until we get to the split and we see our fixtures. Would be beyond our wildest dreams if we achieved it though, what a season it would be.

Back