Problems logging into RTV

Thanks for having a look at it VB, it's much appreciated. I got a reply from RTV asking me to try refreshing the page but that has done nothing to help the issue of this annoying white bar at the bottom of the screen. It seems if they can remove that then we will be able to select fullscreen so I have replied back to them.

*Update* I have just found that when I'm on the page Rangers.co.uk/tv#/fixtures and it says 'Matches' in large letters then under that 'Latest Match' on the left hand side and 'All Videos' to the right hand side, if I select 'All Videos' and pick any of the videos on that screen, it plays them fine, without this problematic white bar at the bottom. The downside is it only appears to all videos in relation to the most recent match.
That's an interesting Update you've added. Can't be arsed today so might look at that tomorrow. So the Hibs match stuff all plays fine but not games prior to that is what you are saying? Initially I thought that might indicate that any content moving on from the new update might be fine but then I recalled that the latest videos, uploaded today, weren't playing for me due to the 'white bar' issue. Its a conundrum.

That's an interesting Update you've added. Can't be arsed today so might look at that tomorrow. So the Hibs match stuff all plays fine but not games prior to that is what you are saying? Initially I thought that might indicate that any content moving on from the new update might be fine but then I recalled that the latest videos, uploaded today, weren't playing for me due to the 'white bar' issue. Its a conundrum.
Yeah, I've had another look around and went to just rangers.co.uk/tv# and scrolled down the page a bit to where it shows 12 videos for the Hibs fixture and 17 for the County. There's an option there for All, on the right hand side, that then takes you to page where the figures played are listed and you can select each fixture. When you pick a fixture it then takes you to the bunch of videos available for that, like away days, Managers post match reaction etc and the videos seem to play fine that way. They go as far back as the 1st game of this season away to Aberdeen.

Yeah, I've had another look around and went to just Rangers.co.uk/tv# and scrolled down the page a bit to where it shows 12 videos for the Hibs fixture and 17 for the County. There's an option there for All, on the right hand side, that then takes you to page where the figures played are listed and you can select each fixture. When you pick a fixture it then takes you to the bunch of videos available for that, like away days, Managers post match reaction etc and the videos seem to play fine that way. They go as far back as the 1st game of this season away to Aberdeen.
That's a handy wee workaround. Thank you. I can get to that page by going to the Home page then scrolling down to Matches and then clicking on All as you say.

Still a clusterf*ck LOL:) but if its a means to an end it will do for now.

Do you have issues with the Login page when on Fire TV Stick? I use the Remote and have discovered that clicking on Next after entering email and password is a mess and I get thrown out (I'm guessing due to Captcha images or something). I have to enter my email then hit the Back button on the Remote. Then move the cursor to the password box and do the same again before then moving the cursor over the Login button. I still regularly get bombed out during the process though.

Last edited:
That's a handy wee workaround. Thank you. I can get to that page by going to the Home page then scrolling down to Matches and then clicking on All as you say.

Still a clusterf*ck LOL:) but if its a means to an end it will do for now.

Do you have issues with the Login page when on Fire TV Stick? I use the Remote and have discovered that clicking on Next after entering email and password is a mess and I get thrown out (I'm guessing due to Catcha images or something). I have to enter my email then hit the Back button on the Remote. Then move the cursor to the password box and do the same again before then moving the cursor over the Login button. I still regularly get bombed out during the process though.
Yeah I've been having issues with that as well LOL! Also when I'm in a video and press back it either takes me to an RTV page that needs refreshed for anything to appear, or I get the Reload page. Definitely a clusterf*ck LOL. I've also just noticed I'm not getting the option to View Now next to the St Johnstone game, it's showing Buy Match Pass but I have a VST so goodness knows what's going on there.

Yeah I've been having issues with that as well LOL! Also when I'm in a video and press back it either takes me to an RTV page that needs refreshed for anything to appear, or I get the Reload page. Definitely a clusterf*ck LOL. I've also just noticed I'm not getting the option to View Now next to the St Johnstone game, it's showing Buy Match Pass but I have a VST so goodness knows what's going on there.
Not looked on Fire TV but on Desktop I still get Watch Live. Not via the App on iPad though, that doesn't give me any options at all. Weird stuff.

Yeah, I've had another look around and went to just Rangers.co.uk/tv# and scrolled down the page a bit to where it shows 12 videos for the Hibs fixture and 17 for the County. There's an option there for All, on the right hand side, that then takes you to page where the figures played are listed and you can select each fixture. When you pick a fixture it then takes you to the bunch of videos available for that, like away days, Managers post match reaction etc and the videos seem to play fine that way. They go as far back as the 1st game of this season away to Aberdeen.
I stuck your post on one of the other threads and a fellow Bear has just come back and said it had solved his issue and allowed him to watch the Hibs game. :)

Happy (sorta) Days - and well done on the workaround.

Last edited:
Thanks for all your advice. Tried that but still not working, its a 4k Firestick as well. Gutting it won't work and I'm concerned I will no longer be able to watch the games through my VST now either as they worked perfectly on Silk prior to these changes.
Here a my experiences using RTV on Firestick or FireTV. I was able to watch the Hibs match following the instructions related to the linking of your Email and such (Unlimited sub)...
Apart from being kicked out around minute 79 of the game and some efforts to catch up it was more or less okay.
But totally different in regard to watching the RTV video content. Firefox brings up the "stuck cursor" problem. Using Silk I can navigate to the start button of each button (Jorg Albertz interview being my test subject) by pressing the middle part of the remote controller ring, simultaneously you have to press the upper ring which sildes the screen upwards.
I can start the video but I am not able to bring it to full screen. I can hear the video sound but the picture jumps back right to start of the RTV homepage.
So still a challenge......

I stuck your post on one of the other threads and a fellow Bear has just come back and said it had solved his issue and allowed him to watch the Hibs game. :)

Happy (sorta) Days - and well done of the workaround.
Ah brilliant! It's a bit of a pain to do but if it works in the short-term and helps people out then that's the main thing B-)

I tried several times to work through the process several times and each time the verification email failed to be delivered. Contacted RTV via email and they sent me a link this afternoon. Clicked it and all good now.

Here a my experiences using RTV on Firestick or FireTV. I was able to watch the Hibs match following the instructions related to the linking of your Email and such (Unlimited sub)...
Apart from being kicked out around minute 79 of the game and some efforts to catch up it was more or less okay.
But totally different in regard to watching the RTV video content. Firefox brings up the "stuck cursor" problem. Using Silk I can navigate to the start button of each button (Jorg Albertz interview being my test subject) by pressing the middle part of the remote controller ring, simultaneously you have to press the upper ring which sildes the screen upwards.
I can start the video but I am not able to bring it to full screen. I can hear the video sound but the picture jumps back right to start of the RTV homepage.
So still a challenge......
On Fire TV Stick, try this mate:

Log in to RangersTV Home page and then scroll down to where it says Matches and click on All, over on the right hand side. That takes you to page where all the fixtures played are listed and you can select each fixture. When you pick a fixture it then takes you to the bunch of videos available for that, like Away Days, Managers Post Match Reaction etc and the videos seem to play fine that way. They go as far back as the 1st game of this season away to Aberdeen.

To get Full Screen, and to Unmute, I find I have to click to Pause the video once its playing. The bottom Menu Bar then comes up and you can see the icons to change Settings and to go Full Screen. Click on the Full Screen icon and it Unmutes and enlarges. Do the same to get out of it when you are done.

Edge is absolutely fine on desktop/laptop. The only mention of the white bar thing is when using a Fire TV Stick. The white bar is still there, obviously, but small at the bottom. You can still see the Play button on the video above it. At least on my desktop and laptops.
Working now think the page size changes when going to the videos so need to make it smaller then click full size cheers

There's a 'few' issues ha ha. :oops: App is problematic, Fire TV Stick a bit of a pigs ear but working (mostly).

Any particular problem you need help with. I'm staying in this thread for a wee while in case I jinx the Dhims game.:)
No mate was talking about others, I had problems but pretty much sorted now.
You have been a real diamond, to be fair, as far as the dhims go , here's hoping .

On Fire TV Stick, try this mate:

Log in to RangersTV Home page and then scroll down to where it says Matches and click on All, over on the right hand side. That takes you to page where all the fixtures played are listed and you can select each fixture. When you pick a fixture it then takes you to the bunch of videos available for that, like Away Days, Managers Post Match Reaction etc and the videos seem to play fine that way. They go as far back as the 1st game of this season away to Aberdeen.

To get Full Screen, and to Unmute, I find I have to click to Pause the video once its playing. The bottom Menu Bar then comes up and you can see the icons to change Settings and to go Full Screen. Click on the Full Screen icon and it Unmutes and enlarges. Do the same to get out of it when you are done.
Thanks mate: Tried according to your advice....brings me to the Big interview section with the Jorg Albertz video. I can start it, picture and sound working. But below the video there is a white bar with the text "up next 86 videos" and eventhough pressing "Pause" and after that the button for the full screen mode it jumps back to selection page and ultimately out of the interview....
Think I just watch the videos on my laptop, luckily the live match seems to work as it should.

Thanks mate: Tried according to your advice....brings me to the Big interview section with the Jorg Albertz video. I can start it, picture and sound working. But below the video there is a white bar with the text "up next 86 videos" and eventhough pressing "Pause" and after that the button for the full screen mode it jumps back to selection page and ultimately out of the interview....
Think I just watch the videos on my laptop, luckily the live match seems to work as it should.
Bummer. Same result if you scroll down to the section headed Features and then click on All Videos on the right hand side and then the smaller Jorg Alberz interview tile (beneath the big one at the top of the page)?

Give it a go next time you are messing about. I will be honest, I find the quality better via desktop/laptop in any case.

Bummer. Same result if you scroll down to the section headed Features and then click on All Videos on the right hand side and then the smaller Jorg Alberz interview tile (beneath the big one at the top of the page)?

Give it a go next time you are messing about. I will be honest, I find the quality better via desktop/laptop in any case.
Thank you I'll try again tomorrow. This was the FireTV in my wife's office.
Will be back to my Firestick version later tomorrow and start playing around like you advised..let's see....
But thank you for your suggestion. And yep, quality much better via laptop.
Cheers

From the Rangers.co.uk > Rangers.co.uk/tv#/ won't even let me past the login now, wants verification that crashes and getting a page error that will not reload :eek:

Refer to Braveheart quote for further information :rolleyes:
I have a nightmare getting logged in. See final Para of post #1253 mate.

On your latter point, I have to say I have been an advocate for a long time of the App logging you out after a period of inactivity. We've had many instances of folk having their Account blocked for being logged in at the same time on multiple devices - usually traced back to them failing to log out of the App. I didn't think it was happening with the new App though and that it left you logged in. I've seen many posts from those saying they are happy the App no longer logs them out.

I did have a spell where every time I played a video if I then went to play a second one I had to log in again. That was on desktop, laptop, tablet browser and App. Everything basically. Doesn't do that to me on any of them now though.

Went into the app, tried to watch the Hibs away days and got the message relating to being a member, checked and I was logged in. So logged out the app, and logged back into the app and hey presto, was able to watch all the videos I selected. From my distant memory (and not comprehensive) of programming, it might be a problem with session variables, but I know nothing about android development. My thinking is that although you are still logged in, but you have been inactive for a period of time, the app disables your access to viewing videos by set the "subscribed" variable to false. Or it may be another glitch in the app. But most definitely points to a lack of a comprehensive test strategy and plan.

Just when ye think it's safe to go back in the water...another big nobby clark turns up and bites ye in the arse, in the shape of the IT department...ffs...
Here's what I'm looking at :-
- Looks like I've managed to register a new account. Well done me.
- Season ticket access shows good to 12 Aug 2021. Positive.
- I can access some content on Rangers TV like the Albertz interview and other post match reaction videos - so I'm assuming that's good progress.
- This weeks game in "Matches" page shows I can either "Listen Live" or "Buy match pass". Not sure if that's good ??
- Other content is hatched out and for subscribers only - I'm assuming that's because I don't have a Rangers TV subscription, but get access to games via the virtual ST. Assumption.
And - as usual - none of this is covered in any kind of detail by the IT Department. A few clues / steps for a hint, but pretty much spartan guidance - in my opinion.
I've had help from fellow bears on here before regards the IT thing - Valley Bluenose thanks again, hopefully this works for me on Wednesday.

Just when ye think it's safe to go back in the water...another big nobby clark turns up and bites ye in the arse, in the shape of the IT department...ffs...
Here's what I'm looking at :-
- Looks like I've managed to register a new account. Well done me.
- Season ticket access shows good to 12 Aug 2021. Positive.
- I can access some content on Rangers TV like the Albertz interview and other post match reaction videos - so I'm assuming that's good progress.
- This weeks game in "Matches" page shows I can either "Listen Live" or "Buy match pass". Not sure if that's good ??
- Other content is hatched out and for subscribers only - I'm assuming that's because I don't have a Rangers TV subscription, but get access to games via the virtual ST. Assumption.
And - as usual - none of this is covered in any kind of detail by the IT Department. A few clues / steps for a hint, but pretty much spartan guidance - in my opinion.
I've had help from fellow bears on here before regards the IT thing - Valley Bluenose thanks again, hopefully this works for me on Wednesday.
Sounds like everything is as it should be mate.

There was an article on the official site and you should have got an email (if subscribed to receive them):

Sounds like everything is as it should be mate.

There was an article on the official site and you should have got an email (if subscribed to receive them):

Aye, got the link late Friday night thanks, thought I'd approach it from a sober frame of mind this afty, seems to have worked ! Off the alcohols till Wednesday night - which is a total novelty for me on a weekend - got a works medical Monday morning, can't be too careful these days, just not worth it...

Went into the app, tried to watch the Hibs away days and got the message relating to being a member, checked and I was logged in. So logged out the app, and logged back into the app and hey presto, was able to watch all the videos I selected. From my distant memory (and not comprehensive) of programming, it might be a problem with session variables, but I know nothing about android development. My thinking is that although you are still logged in, but you have been inactive for a period of time, the app disables your access to viewing videos by set the "subscribed" variable to false. Or it may be another glitch in the app. But most definitely points to a lack of a comprehensive test strategy and plan.

I had to try again, but adopted a different approach, checked to see if I was logged in, but on the basis of what had happened previously, I logged out and then logged in again.

Result, access to all videos on the RTV mobile app. Annoying that I have to log out to log in to get access, but seen many a workaround with code...but this is most definitely annoying!!

Back