Problems logging into RTV

I’m having an issue with the new ios app on iPad.
The app opens fine but when I try to play video content it prompts me to login

When I enter my login details, I get an error message saying I’m not connected to the internet.
1) I am connected

2) The same login credentials work fine on the iOS app on my iPhone
I had that as well. You will need to update the app then that will disappear.

Go to IOS app store and search for RTV. If you then click on the rtv app you'll see an "update" button. Execute that and then you'll have to log in to the new app.

I’ve been messing about with the app on both my iPhone & iPad this morning, so I can’t comment on the android version.

Unlike the old app, it seems this new version only lets you airplay to an Apple TV.

There isn’t an option to cast direct to a chrome cast device (which my tv is) which I could do with the old app.

Seems like a bit of a backwards step in my opinion but maybe something they’ll sort in a future update.

Ideally I’d like to be able to side load & have it working directly on my Nvidia Shield.
Same mate. Old app sideloaded on my Shield and I operated it using the Shield TV remote app, worked great.

The new version installs but just takes you back to the Shield menu screen each time.

It’s a pain in the arse, but at least I can Airolay to my Apple TV and that at least seems to work even better than the old version.

Hopefully, as you said, they tweak both versions of the app to allow chrome cast on the iOS version and sideloading on the Android version.

Have followed all the steps to re-register and able to log in online and watch videos. Downloaded the new app on my Samsung mobile and logged in fine but when I try to watch videos it says I'm not a member. I've got an RTV subscription and able to watch them when not using the app. Can anyone advise? Thanks

**Issue fixed. Logged out the app and logged back in and it's letting me watch now **

Have followed all the steps to re-register and able to log in online and watch videos. Downloaded the new app on my Samsung mobile and logged in fine but when I try to watch videos it says I'm not a member. I've got an RTV subscription and able to watch them when not using the app. Can anyone advise? Thanks

**Issue fixed. Logged out the app and logged back in and it's letting me watch now **

100% it’s the new version of the app you’ve downloaded?

Can only think to try deleting the app, restart the phone, re-download the new version 1 of the Android app and log back in and see what that does.

I have noticed that a lot of the people having problems with the android version are on Samsung’s, anyone that’s got it working ok, what phone type and operating system version number is your device?

Can only think to try deleting the app, restart the phone, re-download the new version 1 of the Android app and log back in and see what that does.

I have noticed that a lot of the people having problems with the android version are on Samsung’s, anyone that’s got it working ok, what phone type and operating system version number is your device?
That's what I just tried and seemed to have worked. Logged out then uninstalled it then re-downloaded it and it's all working fine now. Thanks

That's what I just tried and seemed to have worked. Logged out then uninstalled it then re-downloaded it and it's all working fine now. Thanks
Good to know mate.

Anyone else that was having the same issues as Gers55, can they follow the same advice to see if that works? (iOS and Android)

Many thanks to Valley Bluenose and Walkers Loyal for helping so many of us through this. Does anyone know who I can report the IOS Chromecast issue to? If you're used to having this facility it's a bummer to suddenly have it taken away.

My workaround for tonight's match will be to log in via my laptop on Google Chrome where it can then be cast to my tv. I hope that helps for some of you.

Many thanks to Valley Bluenose and Walkers Loyal for helping so many of us through this. Does anyone know who I can report the IOS Chromecast issue to? If you're used to having this facility it's a bummer to suddenly have it taken away.

My workaround for tonight's match will be to log in via my laptop on Google Chrome where it can then be cast to my tv. I hope that helps for some of you.
You can try emailing rangerstvsupport@streamamg.com

I emailed them on Monday night to enquire if they’re going to release an Android TV version (They’re not, at least for the foreseeable future)

They replied within 24 hours, but that’s the place to go first.

Yeah, in the morning I’ll fire it up on the laptop and plug that into the tv. Not ideal at 6am when I’m used to just opening the app and casting it to the TV.

Still, if we win I’ll forgive them. This time.

Tried this and still having issues.My Android is version 10 and well up to date.

He'll have to get through that 1,000 pints first, LOL!
tenor.gif

Valley Bluenose practicing receiving his Knighthood... B-D

Yeah, in the morning I’ll fire it up on the laptop and plug that into the tv. Not ideal at 6am when I’m used to just opening the app and casting it to the TV.

Still, if we win I’ll forgive them. This time.
If you use Google Chrome, it supplies a casting facility. In fact when I view on laptop the site also appears to offer a casting facility. I reckon that'll get round the cable shit.

There doesn’t appear to be a Chromecast option in the new iOS version just now anyway.

Have you got a smart tv? If you have a web browser built in, can you go to the RTV website on that and sign in to see if you can watch that way?
Yeah I seen that bud, don’t have a smart tv so looks like I’ll need to do it via the PlayStation browser.

Morning all, and many thanks for the thanks ha ha. There's a few others helping out as well so they deserve it to, particularly @Walkers Loyal .

Couple of quick points that may be relevant as they keep coming up:

1. It would appear that the new App will not work when sideloaded to Android boxes, Fire TV Stick or NVidia Shield. It will only work on mobiles and tablets. No idea if that is intended or an issue that will be addressed.

2. To see the cast icon you need to touch the screen when a video is playing and the cast icon will come up. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to give an option for Chromecast. Certainly on the iOS App only AirPlay is offered. I believe its the same on the Android App. Again, no idea if this is something that will be addressed by a later update but you would hope so.

On the actual process. Lots struggling with the Apps. In many cases I think its because they haven't actually updated/downloaded the new App - that's why you get the error messages. To be clear, there is a two-stage process - firstly you have to go through the Create New Account process (everybody, even those who are simply VST viewers). Secondly, its likely that you will have to force update your App. Not the case for everyone but I had to.

Create New Account

Easiest way ahead is to click on the first link below and set up the new account - using your existing RangersTV login details - then wait for the Verification email to come through (it will probably go to Junk). I already had both a Rangers Account and a RangersTV Account. I had to click on the 'Create New Account' link (the link below skips that and takes you to the relevant page) and then enter my Forename and Surname and then enter the email address applicable to my RangersTV Account and the Password from my RangersTV Account. Got sent a Verify email (note - it went into Junk) with a link to click on to Verify. Was then asked to Login and did so successfully. Painless.

Home | Rangers Football Club

If you want the link to the blurb from the Club on how it works then there was a News article and a generic email sent out. Here's the News article:

Rangers Launch New RangersTV Website And App | Rangers Football Club

New App

The new App is a dark blue background with RTV on it. R in white and the T & V in red. It might update automatically but I had to force update. To do that on iOS it was open App Store, click on the 'wee man' icon and then in the pop-up menu drag the screen downwards. Hopefully, after you've done that, you will see the RangersTV App listed under Updates waiting for you to 'Update All'. I'm sure there will be a similar process on Android. Alternatively, delete the App you have, go to your App Store and search for 'RangersTV' and download the App with the description above.

Links to the App on both Stores below:

‎Rangers TV on the App Store (apple.com)

RangersTV – Apps on Google Play

Hibs Match

Seems to be some with problems purchasing this. You need to be overseas or have your VPN on and set to an overseas location. You can only purchase via the website and not the App. For me its simple, go to the RangersTV website below, scroll down to where the match is listed and then click on the Subscribe button next to it. Purchase the 3 Day Unlimited Pass.

RangersTV | Rangers Football Club

Some don't seem to be seeing the Subscribe button. Remember you need to be overseas or 'overseas'. If that applies to you then try this link:

Rangers FC Join the action (streamamg.com)

EDIT: Shit - Subscribe button disappears when you Login. This is very weird. Needs addressed by tonight. Gulp! I've emailed them for advice.

EDIT 2: See later posts. It seems the way to do this is to switch on your VPN (if necessary), go to the RangersTV Home page. Do NOT Login. Scroll down to find the Hibs v Rangers match and there should be a Subscribe button to the right (provided you have NOT logged-in). Click on the Subscribe button - you should find your details auto-populated there I think - and then purchase the 3 Day Unlimited Pass. If you want to confirm the purchase has gone through then Login, click on the 'wee man' icon and, from the drop-down menu, select RTV Account. Your purchase should show there. Use the back button to go back and then Logout.

Last edited:
Morning all, and many thanks for the thanks ha ha. There's a few others helping out as well so they deserve it to, particularly @Walkers Loyal .

Couple of quick points that may be relevant as they keep coming up:

1. It would appear that the new App will not work when sideloaded to Android boxes, Fire TV Stick or NVidia Shield. It will only work on mobiles and tablets. No idea if that is intended or an issue that will be addressed.

2. To see the cast icon you need to touch the screen when a video is playing and the cast icon will come up. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to give an option for Chromecast. Certainly on the iOS App only AirPlay is offered. I believe its the same on the Android App. Again, no idea if this is something that will be addressed by a later update but you would hope so.

On the actual process. Lots struggling with the Apps. In many cases I think its because they haven't actually updated/downloaded the new App - that's why you get the error messages. To be clear, there is a two-stage process - firstly you have to go through the Create New Account process (everybody, even those who are simply VST viewers). Secondly, its likely that you will have to force update your App. Not the case for everyone but I had to.

Create New Account

Easiest way ahead is to click on the first link below and set up the new account - using your existing RangersTV login details - then wait for the Verification email to come through (it will probably go to Junk). I already had both a Rangers Account and a RangersTV Account. I had to click on the 'Create New Account' link (the link below skips that and takes you to the relevant page) and then enter my Forename and Surname and then enter the email address applicable to my RangersTV Account and the Password from my RangersTV Account. Got sent a Verify email (note - it went into Junk) with a link to click on to Verify. Was then asked to Login and did so successfully. Painless.

Home | Rangers Football Club

If you want the link to the blurb from the Club on how it works then there was a News article and a generic email sent out. Here's the News article:

Rangers Launch New RangersTV Website And App | Rangers Football Club

New App

The new App is a dark blue background with RTV on it. R in white and the T & V in red. It might update automatically but I had to force update. To do that on iOS it was open App Store, click on the 'wee man' icon and then in the pop-up menu drag the screen downwards. Hopefully, after you've done that, you will see the RangersTV App listed under Updates waiting for you to 'Update All'. I'm sure there will be a similar process on Android. Alternatively, delete the App you have, go to your App Store and search for 'RangersTV' and download the App with the description above.

Links to the App on both Stores below:

‎Rangers TV on the App Store (apple.com)

RangersTV – Apps on Google Play
You’re doing the lord’s work mate B-D

Are you talking about being able to change the resolution etc? Haven’t noticed yet mate.
I’ll have a look and see.
When logged out I get subscribe button both UK and Overseas using a VPN for that one but log in and nothing shows for tonight game

Have £60 annual so get the option of audio even that isn't there

Switch off the VPN. Try clearing cache/cookies then close browser. Switch VPN on and select overseas location. Load browser. Try again. There’s really no explanation for you not seeing the Subscribe button. You see that even if you haven’t logged in so it’s nothing to do with the Account.

Will catch up on this in the morning.
@PalefaceRedskin did this work for you? Alternatively see link below to the purchase page. Does that work for you?

Rangers FC Join the action (streamamg.com)

When logged out I get subscribe button both UK and Overseas using a VPN for that one but log in and nothing shows for tonight game

Shit - Subscribe button disappears when you Login. This is very weird. Needs addressed by tonight. Gulp!

I've emailed them for advice.

EDIT: F*cking shambles - I got auto-replies back telling me how to subscribe to Villa TV, SunderlandTV, CardiffTV and RangersTV.:eek:

Last edited:

Maybe they’ve clocked onto the VPN users & had to put a stop to it?

If that’s even possible.

Can anybody help? My registered email account isn’t working so I can’t access confirmation email. Help!
'Not working' or you no longer have access to it? If its the latter then you should, of course, have updated RangersTV when you lost it.;) You're in a pickle now though. Only thing I can suggest is contacting the poor SLO, @Greg Marshall, either on here or via Twitter. Poor guy has probably been up all night with this stuff.

On that note, @Greg Marshall can you advise why overseas users are not seeing then option to purchase the 3 Day Unlimited Pass. See post #836. Used to be via the Subscribe & Buy tab, which is now gone. Before you Login there is a Subscribe button which takes you to the purchase screen but, as soon as you Login, the Subscribe button disappears. Some clarity would be appreciated as its going to cause chaos tonight. Do we have to go through the purchase process BEFORE Logging IN. I did email streamamg but post #836 outlines the mess that turned into.

Last edited:
Nah mate, because the Subscribe button disappears even if you Login from the UK. Its not that. Nothing to do with use of VPNs that's just a bit of paranoia that's built up on here.
It would have been more sensible to do this roll out tomorrow and not a couple of days before an important match. There are always problems when systems/apps are upgraded or modified. It cannot be implemented without trying it out on users and as we don't have a match this weekend it would have been better with a decent test period which tomorrow would have provided.

Let's hope all is well tonight on and off the park!

It would have been more sensible to do this roll out tomorrow and not a couple of days before an important match. There are always problems when systems/apps are upgraded or modified. It cannot be implemented without trying it out on users and as we don't have a match this weekend it would have been better with a decent test period which tomorrow would have provided.

Let's hope all is well tonight on and off the park!
Would have been better once the season had finished especially this season with the extra pressure of the VST option

CONFIRM EMAIL​

Your email has not been confirmed. We hope to have this resolved very soon, so please try again shortly.

The way things are going I won't be on FF beyond about 1600hrs mate ha ha. Not unless we get some clarity on, at the very least, purchasing the match.
Quite right too. B-D
I have an overseas subscription and presume it will work okay on my laptop. Being presumptuous can often lead to disappointment just the same:mad:

Back