Problems logging into RTV

Site has been completely revamped and it looks like they've launched the 'single login' thing.

Take note of this bit:

If you have an existing RangersTV account that was created before January 21st 2021, you should register a new Rangers Account here using the same email address that you use for RangersTV.

Looks like you need to go to that page and create a new Rangers Account using the same email you use for RangersTV. Or am I reading that wrong?

EDIT: OK, that's me done it and logged in successfully. I already had both a Rangers Account and a RangersTV Account. I had to click on the 'Create New Account' link and then enter my Forename and Surname and then enter the email address applicable to my RangersTV Account and the Password from my RangersTV Account. Got sent a Verify email (note - it went into Junk) with a link to click on to Verify. Was then asked to Login and did so successfully. Painless.

Thanks mate. Followed this and in straight away

This is a bit old now but the OP details the process, which I don’t think has changed too much. You will need an Access Code for first time use. Next home game is 3 Feb, so you have time on your side. I suggest emailing the Ticket Centre explaining and asking for Access Code. Once you have it make sure up you don’t share it or try to login on two devices at the same time. VST only gets you;access to live home matches, a subscription is required for other content.

ticketcentre@Rangers.co.uk

Cheers VB, have emailed ticket centre as suggested.

Hope all the Bears get this sorted before the game.

It was pain free for me. Email, clicked, entered details and received confirmation email was swift. Done.

Onto the Playstore and updated the app, entered new log in details and up 'n running.

I hope the RTV team sort everyone, advanced warning of this happening would've been less hassle.

OK. Well at least you have Safari as a backup option.

I'm on a MacBook too. Just upgraded my Firefox to latest version (84.0.2) since i don't use it often. Logged into RTV, clicked "watch" on the Ryan Jack video. It goes to a page where the video player takes up most of the screen, and has a red box in the middle with a white "play" triangle. Clicking on the triangle, the video starts to play.

What happens in your case?
I uninstalled Adobe Flash and now working, thanks for the help

Still waiting for the activation email unfortunately. I have a yahoo email so probably part of the backlog. Better be fixed ahead of the game tomorrow.

Site has been completely revamped and it looks like they've launched the 'single login' thing.

Take note of this bit:

If you have an existing RangersTV account that was created before January 21st 2021, you should register a new Rangers Account here using the same email address that you use for RangersTV.

Looks like you need to go to that page and create a new Rangers Account using the same email you use for RangersTV. Or am I reading that wrong?

EDIT: OK, that's me done it and logged in successfully. I already had both a Rangers Account and a RangersTV Account. I had to click on the 'Create New Account' link and then enter my Forename and Surname and then enter the email address applicable to my RangersTV Account and the Password from my RangersTV Account. Got sent a Verify email (note - it went into Junk) with a link to click on to Verify. Was then asked to Login and did so successfully. Painless.
Alright VB,you'll be delighted to hear from me again:))

When I log into my Live Rangers which has worked seamlessly all season it's now telling me,
Errors:
  • Sadly we don't recognise those login details.'
I don't have RTV,only my VST but when I attempt to open a new account it's asking me to subscribe,I don't want to subscribe.

How do I get around this?

Alright VB,you'll be delighted to hear from me again:))

When I log into my Live Rangers which has worked seamlessly all season it's now telling me,
Errors:
  • Sadly we don't recognise those login details.'
I don't have RTV,only my VST but when I attempt to open a new account it's asking me to subscribe,I don't want to subscribe.

How do I get around this?
Have you created your new account yet? That's the first step. It sounds like you haven't and that you are simply trying to login with current details. That won't work.

You DO have RangersTV. Everybody who uses it - including VST viewers - has a RangersTV Account.

Easiest way ahead is to click on the first link below and set up the new account - using your existing login details - then wait for the Verification email to come through. I've outlined the process in my Edit to post #13.

Home | Rangers Football Club

If you want the link to the blurb from the Club on how it works then there was a News article and a generic email sent out. Here's the News article:

Rangers Launch New RangersTV Website And App | Rangers Football Club

The news article on the Official website has been updated with the following I see. Unusual address they are giving out, its usually the streamamg one.:

UPDATE 1: Supporters should now be able to download and access the Android version of the RangersTV App HERE.

UPDATE 2
: We are aware of a problem that is affecting AOL, Yahoo and Sky email users. We are working on a solution for this and will communicate further. You can in the interim email webmail@rangers.co.uk for help.

Have you created your new account yet? That's the first step. It sounds like you haven't and that you are simply trying to login with current details. That won't work.

You DO have RangersTV. Everybody who uses it - including VST viewers - has a RangersTV Account.

Easiest way ahead is to click on the first link below and set up the new account - using your existing login details - then wait for the Verification email to come through. I've outlined the process in my Edit to post #13.

Home | Rangers Football Club

If you want the link to the blurb from the Club on how it works then there was a News article and a generic email sent out. Here's the News article:

Thank you mate,worked a treat............so far:))

Thank you mate,worked a treat............so far:))
I love a happy ending.:eek::)

The 'live' website should automatically redirect to the new website for matches. However, if you want to bookmark the new site it is:

And if anybody wants to bookmark the new 'real' RangersTV website then it's:

Looks like both VST and regular viewers will be using the same platform/website from here on in.

Last edited:
Not had an email but checking my spam folder some guy has a picture of the wife naked :eek:
Seeing as I’m with sky/yahoo will give it a bit of time, still can’t see an app in the Apple store though and now not letting me log in to RTV, ach well times a healer or better be before the 3rd of Feb:D

Not had an email but checking my spam folder some guy has a picture of the wife naked :eek:
Seeing as I’m with sky/yahoo will give it a bit of time, still can’t see an app in the Apple store though and now not letting me log in to RTV, ach well times a healer or better be before the 3rd of Feb:D
See post #466 mate. Dunno if its worth emailing the webmail address. Probably is if you've been waiting more than 12 hours I'd suggest. Apple App Store haven't made the new App available yet, lagging behind Google Play Store, who have.

Has anyone had any joy with downloading the new RTV app to a firestick?

My existing version does not allow me to login, citing can't verify 3rd party authentication.

Issue sorted for me now (yahoo email address)

Got the email through initially and it didn't work, went through the "Resend Activation email" link and that worked just fine.

I had to create new account as per instructions, no problem everything OK.
But, I seem to have access to all RTV content - highlights, full matches, interviews etc. Is this a new addition for VST holders or a glitch in system ?

I had to create new account as per instructions, no problem everything OK.
But, I seem to have access to all RTV content - highlights, full matches, interviews etc. Is this a new addition for VST holders or a glitch in system ?
Shhhhh.

If you are getting that, and are not a subscriber, its a glitch.

Has anyone had any joy with downloading the new RTV app to a firestick?

My existing version does not allow me to login, citing can't verify 3rd party authentication.
You won't be able to login on the App - old version or new version - until you have been through the Create New Account process. See post #465 for 'simple' way to do that.

I have subscribed to away games when I am "abroad" and used to be an annual £60 subscriber , possibly system glitch as you say.
It will probably sort itself out. So , I'll enjoy whilst it lasts.
Perhaps fellow FF's can check their log ins to see if they get full access too.
Could check your Account page on the real RangersTV website. If you are not a subscriber then the only thing it should show is something like 'season ticket access to July 2021' or along those lines.

You won't be able to login on the App - old version or new version - until you have been through the Create New Account process. See post #465 for 'simple' way to do that.

I had down the Create New Account, able to access new version of app on mobile. The version I have on my firestick has been sideloaded, so I am assuming that it is the issue. Will try accessing RTV webpage through Silk browser, once I have downloaded it, this afternoon's task.

I had down the Create New Account, able to access new version of app on mobile. The version I have on my firestick has been sideloaded, so I am assuming that it is the issue. Will try accessing RTV webpage through Silk browser, once I have downloaded it, this afternoon's task.
Ah right, understand now. No the new App will not automatically update the App you have sideloaded on the Fire TV Stick. Someone on here with the necessary skills will need to upload the APK file for the new App and make it available for download. Even then, it may not work. I've seen posts saying the new App doesn't work on NVidia Shield or on some of those 'dodgy' Android boxes.

For those of us with Nvidia Shields that sideloaded the old RTV app, I’ve just installed the new version (still have to sideload, but it won’t open on the Shield.

Looks like I’m stuck having to use the website version for the foreseeable future.
Same goes for the Amazon fire stick. It seems the old app is still working for now! Let’s hope that continues. This mornings interview ha been added and working.

I don't know timings but Sky, Yahoo and aol are having delays.

Think we are due an update soon on what the plan is to resolve it
After the same delay as everybody else on Sky, Yahoo and AOL I now have the email from the club. When I click the link from the email though I get the following message ‘Your email has not been confirmed. We hope to have this resolved very soon, so please try again shortly.‘

Is this another unanticipated problem that needs to be reported or is a fix being worked on?

After the same delay as everybody else on Sky, Yahoo and AOL I now have the email from the club. When I click the link from the email though I get the following message ‘Your email has not been confirmed. We hope to have this resolved very soon, so please try again shortly.‘

Is this another unanticipated problem that needs to be reported or is a fix being worked on?
I'd request it again mate. Maybe the verification link has 'timed out' due to the delay. Or drop them an email as per Update 2 in post #466.

Last edited:

I just noticed on the website they are aware of the problem with these email providers and that they are trying to sort it out.

Just make sure you don't try and login on another device at the same time or you will probably fall foul of the 'too many connections' account block.;)
My only complaint in the past was every time I would watch games back on my phone, if I came off my phone and then came back on I’d have to re-sign in and then try and remember where I was. Now it seems to keep my place and let me just wake my phone and pick up where I left off.

I just noticed on the website they are aware of the problem with these email providers and that they are trying to sort it out.
I think they’re aware that emails weren’t coming through on accounts with those providers. They have actually sent me the email though after a delay. It’s just the link they give isn’t then activating the new account. Not sure if they’re aware of that.

I’ll have a look at the website but have raised it with them now anyway.

Last edited:
Have you been through the Create New Account process? Need to do that as a first step. See post #465.
Yeah. The email to me confirmed the new account had been successfully created and requested I click the link. I used the link within half an hour of receiving the email this morning but got the error message I mentioned in my earlier post. Tried repeatedly since but same message each time.

Edit- your post was to someone else. Need to learn to read.

Ah right, understand now. No the new App will not automatically update the App you have sideloaded on the Fire TV Stick. Someone on here with the necessary skills will need to upload the APK file for the new App and make it available for download. Even then, it may not work. I've seen posts saying the new App doesn't work on NVidia Shield or on some of those 'dodgy' Android boxes.
Doesn't work on non "dodgy" android box either. Mine is 100% legal, no dodgy apps/software but the PlayStore now says my device not compatible. Even with a Bluetooth keyboard/mouse its a pain in the arse trying to set up the game via a browser. It was much easier with the app.

Doesn't work on non "dodgy" android box either. Mine is 100% legal, no dodgy apps/software but the PlayStore now says my device not compatible. Even with a Bluetooth keyboard/mouse its a pain in the arse trying to set up the game via a browser. It was much easier with the app.
I assume you meant Play Store and not 'PlayStation'.;)

The new Android App does seem to have issues on devices other that phones and tablets going by posts on here. Dunno if that's by design or not.

Back