Problems logging into RTV

I'm still waiting on my email confirmation to activate the new account.
I did the re-register process last night, didn't get an email with the link until this morning. All I've had all day is:
Your email has not been confirmed. We hope to have this resolved very soon, so please try again shortly.:mad:
I realise some email providers have been slow, but fvck me strapping the message tae a doo's leg would be quicker.
No wonder I have that avatar

Not the most stable. I assume that is because it has to be added on the fly
Be interesting to see if there’s a further Update that addresses the issue of the App seemingly not working on Nvidia Shield and Android boxes. The FAQ does only mention pc and mobile devices but it’s puzzling that the new version has lost compatibility with the other devices. Wonder if its intended or otherwise?

I am now logging into the new RTV interface using my IPad. When I try to view a video I have hit a snag with the unmute function.

When I select a video and choose the unmute option, I jump to another page!

I have emailed RTV and included two screenshots to illustrate what I describe above. Will post any response I receive back. I cannot see this issue described anywhere in the last few pages.

I am now logging into the new RTV interface using my IPad. When I try to view a video I have hit a snag with the unmute function.

When I select a video and choose the unmute option, I jump to another page!

I have emailed RTV and included two screenshots to illustrate what I describe above. Will post any response I receive back. I cannot see this issue described anywhere in the last few pages.
Try simply hitting the Full Screen icon. That has the effect of unmuting as well. I accessed using Safari last night and encountered a few problems with videos randomly stopping but just put it down to overload on the site. No issues unmuting though, just go full screen.

Apple App isn't out yet. Android one is - but only seems to be working on phones and tablets judging by posts on here.
I have no problems with the browser but nothing working on my iPhone. Is this because Apple are to release a new app and that has not yet been done? Will this be an automatic update or is it a question of delete the old app and download again?

I have no problems with the browser but nothing working on my iPhone. Is this because Apple are to release a new app and that has not yet been done? Will this be an automatic update or is it a question of delete the old app and download again?
Should normally Update from the App Store automatically (or you can force Update) once Apple actually release it to the App Store.

As soon as it’s available folk will be posting on here letting us know.

New update on the official website:

UPDATE 3: We have now put a fix in place to allow people registering with valid AOL/Yahoo/Sky addresses to receive their activation email. Anyone using any of these providers who have created an account and who haven't received an activation email already will receive instructions this afternoon.

UPDATED: Rangers Launch New RangersTV Website And App | Rangers Football Club
Still no activation email received (24+ hours after re-registering). I have a sky email address.

No instruction email received this afternoon either.

Nothing in spam and I have received usual marketing emails from the club, so those are getting through.

Still no activation email received (24+ hours after re-registering). I have a sky email address.

No instruction email received this afternoon either.

Nothing in spam and I have received usual marketing emails from the club, so those are getting through.
What’s the betting the email with instructions is held up because its to a Yahoo/AOL/Sky address?;):)

Reactions: ald
That'll be me phucked then, as I use my Nvidia shield to watch VST.
It was me that posted about the app not working on the Shield. However I just opened RTV through the downloader web browser (any browser would do) and I was able to log in and save my log in details no problem and was able to view videos without any issues.

What’s the betting the email with instructions is held up because its to a Yahoo/AOL/Sky address?;):)
Nothing surer!:D Clucking bell, I love this club but RTV tests my patience sometimes! They make my work's IT team look like super slick IT whizz kids! Just as well the game is on Sky tomorrow night.

My VST is on a different email address to my RTV account and email,

I received an email for my normal RTV and have followed the instructions and updated this fine.

no email received for my VST login will the live.Rangers site work as normal for the match a week on Wednesday?
That’s beyond me mate. Effectively then you have TWO RangersTV Accounts. One for your regular subscription and another for your VST. None of my business why you did it that way, but I suspect that, whilst unusual, you won’t be alone,

My guess would be that you need to create a new Account on BOTH - regardless of any emails you’ve had through. It sounds like you’ve already done that on the Account you have a subscription on. I’d suggest you now have to do likewise on the Account linked to your VST.

See post #465 and follow that process, entering your email address and password linked to your VST Account this time rather than the one linked to your subscription Account. Obviously you will need access to the email address you’ve used so the Verification email can come through to you.

Be interesting to see if there’s a further Update that addresses the issue of the App seemingly not working on Nvidia Shield and Android boxes. The FAQ does only mention pc and mobile devices but it’s puzzling that the new version has lost compatibility with the other devices. Wonder if its intended or otherwise?
I asked the same question mate. Sideloading apps isn’t dodgy, it’s just that because Nvidia Shield uses Android TV OS instead of mobile Android, not all apps are available in the Play Store. However, installing them as a sideload always worked, albeit with a certain level of user interface issues.
this version of the app though, doesn’t seem to work on any media boxes at all. An oversight or deliberate, we can’t know.
I actually emailed support last night to ask if they had plans to develop an Android TV version so I should have a reply about the first week in Julember B-D

Looks like the App is now live, just logged in and looks good, no issue.

Edit, it seems to think I'm not a member so I can't view any content.

That’s beyond me mate. Effectively then you have TWO RangersTV Accounts. One for your regular subscription and another for your VST. None of my business why you did it that way, but I suspect that, whilst unusual, you won’t be alone,

My guess would be that you need to create a new Account on BOTH - regardless of any emails you’ve had through. It sounds like you’ve already done that on the Account you have a subscription on. I’d suggest you now have to do likewise on the Account linked to your VST.

See post #465 and follow that process, entering your email address and password linked to your VST Account this time rather than the one linked to your subscription Account. Obviously you will need access to the email address you’ve used so the Verification email can come through to you.
Cheers mate. Will have a look

Android or iOS version mate? I’m not seeing anything in the App Store on my iPhone but the Android app has been available the best part of 24 hours now.
I had the old App installed(android), the icon has since changed so tried logging in, i just view the content at the moment.

I had the old App installed(android), the icon has since changed so tried logging in, i just view the content at the moment.
Right, gotcha. As I said, the Android app updated last night and I think for the most part everything seems ok, as long as it’s on a phone or tablet.

No such joy with Android media boxes though so far

Try simply hitting the Full Screen icon. That has the effect of unmuting as well. I accessed using Safari last night and encountered a few problems with videos randomly stopping but just put it down to overload on the site. No issues unmuting though, just go full screen.

I had a similar problem when accessing RTV through the webpage when using the Silk browser on the firestick. When I clicked on "unmute" button, it took me out of RTV and to the home page of Rangers.co.uk.

I then positioned the cursor using the firestick remote on the right of the "unmute" button and that worked. I have been into 3 different videos and can not see the full screen option. I was assuming it would be bottom right corner of the video, but no such symbol.

Are there any firestick/silk users that can advise how to remedy this?

Can someone tell me if this is only for those with RTV subscriptions? Or does it apply also if you just have an RTV accounts? I have an RTV account but no subscription. I tried to log in and it’s not recognising my details. ( same details I use for my virtual season ticket. Can anyone help? I tried the forgot p/w but it didn’t work.
Nothing is ever easy where RTV is concerned.

I had a similar problem when accessing RTV through the webpage when using the Silk browser on the firestick. When I clicked on "unmute" button, it took me out of RTV and to the home page of Rangers.co.uk.

I then positioned the cursor using the firestick remote on the right of the "unmute" button and that worked. I have been into 3 different videos and can not see the full screen option. I was assuming it would be bottom right corner of the video, but no such symbol.

Are there any firestick/silk users that can advise how to remedy this?
I got a Fire TV Stick at Christmas. Only used it once. I’ve seen a couple of ways of getting the Full Screen icon to appear but what I do is open the Silk browser, enter the website address in the box top left and then I scroll along the top menu bar and one of the icons let’s you select ‘Use Desktop Version’ or words to that effect. Then load the page. I’ve found that using the Desktop version of the site the Full Screen icon appears at the bottom of the page.

If you’ve saved the RTV website as a bookmark I’d say just load it and then hit that ‘Use Desktop Version’ icon and let it reload.

When casting a video from the app to my chrome cast, the audio doesn’t come through my TV but instead continues to play from my phone. Is this a known bug?

Coming up on 24 hours now waiting for my email confirmation.

Ridiculous.

I don't have a Yahoo/AOL/Sky address.

Can someone tell me if this is only for those with RTV subscriptions? Or does it apply also if you just have an RTV accounts? I have an RTV account but no subscription. I tried to log in and it’s not recognising my details. ( same details I use for my virtual season ticket. Can anyone help? I tried the forgot p/w but it didn’t work.
Nothing is ever easy where RTV is concerned.
It’s for everybody. If you read the message on the screen it tells you to Create New Account. That’s the first step. Entering your login details into the dialogue boxes will not work.

Best bet is to have a read of post #465.

That’s me just this second received my confirmation email in my yahoo account.
They’re acknowledging the email issues so hopefully more people waiting will bet theirs now.
Thankfully Greg sorted mine last night so I don’t need the email now.

Am I being simple, I've uninstalled and re installed the App, logged in and I still can't view content, should I be able to? as I have a VST.

Will require someone to upload the APK file for the new App and make it available to others to download and install. The sideloaded App you have now won’t update.
I tired downloading the apk from
the same source as last night, apkpure and it wouldn’t even open this time saying it couldn’t parse the image.

A bit of a pain but at least RTV works through silk browser with my new account log in.

I see.

Does anyone know if you can cast from your phone to a firestick.
Don’t do casting mate. I know you can cast to a Chromecast, which isn’t a lot of good to you. There are Apps out there that can let you cast direct to your tv but I think its a mixed bag.

There’s posters who do cast. Hopefully one will advise you but I don’t think it will be casting to the Firestick but to the tv.

Am I being simple, I've uninstalled and re installed the App, logged in and I still can't view content, should I be able to? as I have a VST.

The only thing VST viewers have access to is live home matches. Always been that way, unless you have a subscription. I’m not sure that picture shows you as logged in though. Are you not meant to have the diagonal stripes behind the wee man icon? If you click in the wee man icon does the drop down menu let you select to view your Account?

When I sign in all I get a blank page with nothing but the buffering.Been like that since I updated it yesterday on my Samsung.

Don’t do casting mate. I know you can cast to a Chromecast, which isn’t a lot of good to you. There are Apps out there that can let you cast direct to your tv but I think its a mixed bag.

There’s posters who do cast. Hopefully one will advise you but I don’t think it will be casting to the Firestick but to the tv.
No problem I have a chrome cast as well will give it a try on that.

Coming up on 24 hours now waiting for my email confirmation.

Ridiculous.

I don't have a Yahoo/AOL/Sky address.

Just got my confirm email and all signed up.

Is there something needing done with the app for an iPhone?

Keeps telling me login is incorrect.

Do I need to delete this app and download another/new one?

When I sign in all I get a blank page with nothing but the buffering.Been like that since I updated it yesterday on my Samsung.
Mines is fine mate, my app initially updated on my mobile, but I uninstalled/reinstalled it (as I thought wrongly I had an issue with the content) logged in again and everything looks fine mate, I'm using the Samsung S10.

Just got my confirm email and all signed up.

Is there something needing done with the app for an iPhone?

Keeps telling me login is incorrect.

Do I need to delete this app and download another/new one?
iOS version hasn’t updated yet mate. Should be out sometime this week.
Once available your new log in should work.

done the update by following the link in the email etc - but every time I try to log in, I get an error message “Login failed an error occurred during login, please check you internet connection and try again”

tried on iPhone, using WiFi, then 4g only, then 3G only. same error

tried on iPad. Same error message.

both devices are accessing other websites with no issues at all.

I‘ve now reached the limit of my tech knowledge. I need a geek and advice

done the update by following the link in the email etc - but every time I try to log in, I get an error message “Login failed an error occurred during login, please check you internet connection and try again”

tried on iPhone, using WiFi, then 4g only, then 3G only. same error

tried on iPad. Same error message.

both devices are accessing other websites with no issues at all.

I‘ve now reached the limit of my tech knowledge. I need a geek and advice
Are you trying to log in on these devises on a web browser or the RTV app?
The iOS app isn’t updated yet so that won’t work. If it’s the website, try clearing your cache then log in again.

Back