Problems logging into RTV

Are you trying to log in on these devises on a web browser or the RTV app?
The iOS app isn’t updated yet so that won’t work. If it’s the website, try clearing your cache then log in again.
Trying via the RTV app on both devices (after deleting and reloading the App)

I’ll give the cache deleting thing a go

I see.

Does anyone know if you can cast from your phone to a firestick.

Have you tried using the Silk browser on the Firestick? That's what I do, open RTV, sign in and away I go. I haven't tried it yet for a live game as it just changed yesterday, but I watched other videos on the new site last night.

What I'd add from experience is to set the browser to load desktop sites as it doesn't appear to be formatted for Silk and some pages don't fit the screen.

Trying via the RTV app on both devices (after deleting and reloading the App)

I’ll give the cache deleting thing a go
As said earlier mate, the current apps don’t take the new log in. You’ll need to wait for the new version to drop in the App Store.
Use the link I put in my previous post and you’ll be able to log in and watch on safari until the new app is available.

I got a Fire TV Stick at Christmas. Only used it once. I’ve seen a couple of ways of getting the Full Screen icon to appear but what I do is open the Silk browser, enter the website address in the box top left and then I scroll along the top menu bar and one of the icons let’s you select ‘Use Desktop Version’ or words to that effect. Then load the page. I’ve found that using the Desktop version of the site the Full Screen icon appears at the bottom of the page.

If you’ve saved the RTV website as a bookmark I’d say just load it and then hit that ‘Use Desktop Version’ icon and let it reload.

That is what I done "saved the RTV website as a bookmark", so will try that later.

Once again VB, many thanks for the advice. I'm glad I am doing this 24 hours before the game, rather than at 19.30 tomorrow night!!

I know how you feel, I’m like this every day in work answering queries for people.
At least doing it on here, I’m helping people I actually give a fück about! B-D
I’m retired and have time on my hands. Helps me feel I’m doing something worthwhile - even if it only helps just one fellow Bear. I do find myself wishing folk would read what it says on the screen though. From time to time.;)

I’m retired and have time on my hands. Helps me feel I’m doing something worthwhile - even if it only helps just one fellow Bear. I do find myself wishing folk would read what it says on the screen though. From time to time.;)
RTFM right enough.

Retired? Took you for a young un with your tech savvy knowledge.

You should speak to Greg Marshall and get yourself signed up on a retainer! B-D

RTFM right enough.

Retired? Took you for a young un with your tech savvy knowledge.

You should speak to Greg Marshall and get yourself signed up on a retainer! B-D
No chance. At least this way I can log off and walk away from it all if I get too much grief. :) Some of the stuff Greg gets, especially on Twitter, shames our fans.

I was in the RAF. Decades ago when computers were first being introduced I had to go on a course. Day 1, walked in to a whiteboard with just RTFS written on it. Read The F*cking Screen’ ha ha.

No chance. At least this way I can log off and walk away from it all if I get too much grief. :) Some of the stuff Greg gets, especially on Twitter, shames our fans.

I was in the RAF. Decades ago when computers were first being introduced I had to go on a course. Day 1, walked in to a whiteboard with just RTFS written on it. Read The F*cking Screen’ ha ha.
Please tell me you weren’t a FS. Yet to encounter one that I liked... B-D

Loving the Android app.

Is there an Android TV app?

Sorry if already covered.
Funny you should ask mate. I emailed support last night with the same question.

They literally just emailed me back to say no plans at the moment to develop an Android TV version.

Told them what I thought about that! B-D

When is the new App out?
From the Official website:

As part of this upgrade, the existing RangersTV app which is available via the Apple App Store and Google Play will later this week be updated for all users who have it already downloaded on their device.

Google Play Store version already out. Apple App Store dragging their heels.

Funny you should ask mate. I emailed support last night with the same question.

They literally just emailed me back to say no plans at the moment to develop an Android TV version.

Told them what I thought about that! B-D

Balls.

Android TV app would be sensational.

Hopefully they consider it.

3 password changes, two different pads, three different sites nowt!!!
Aye, but did you go through the Create New Account process as per the instructions on screen? That’s the first step. See post #465 if you haven’t.

And remember, on Apple devices the App isn’t working yet as a new version is pending.

Still no activation email received (24+ hours after re-registering). I have a sky email address.

No instruction email received this afternoon either.

Nothing in spam and I have received usual marketing emails from the club, so those are getting through.
Subsequently I have received my instruction email through a wee while ago (sky email address) and it was easy enough to follow the instructions, so all fine now.

Just realised my typo on my reply. I didn’t mean to write FS, I meant Flt Lt. shower of arrogant prícks for some reason...:rolleyes:
Ha ha. No arguments there mate. Always hated the Officers. However, once I got promoted to Warrant Officer things changed. Flt Lts were then my playthings to ‘delegate’ every shit job of the day to. I doubled up my normal job with being Station Warrant Officer. I had direct access to the Station Commander any time I liked and if they crossed me they knew that.

Ha ha. No arguments there mate. Always hated the Officers. However, once I got promoted to Warrant Officer things changed. Flt Lts were then my playthings to ‘delegate’ every shit job of the day to. I doubled up my normal job with being Station Warrant Officer. I had direct access to the Station Commander any time I liked and if they crossed me they knew that.
Every other RAF rank I’ve dealt with from SAC to Air VM have all been fine.
But Flt Lts....jeezo! :mad:

I got a Fire TV Stick at Christmas. Only used it once. I’ve seen a couple of ways of getting the Full Screen icon to appear but what I do is open the Silk browser, enter the website address in the box top left and then I scroll along the top menu bar and one of the icons let’s you select ‘Use Desktop Version’ or words to that effect. Then load the page. I’ve found that using the Desktop version of the site the Full Screen icon appears at the bottom of the page.

If you’ve saved the RTV website as a bookmark I’d say just load it and then hit that ‘Use Desktop Version’ icon and let it reload.

Worked a treat, many thanks @Valley Bluenose your advice on all matters concerning RTV, across many platforms, has been much appreciated

iOS App now available to Update. If you want to force Update it, open the App Store and click on the wee man icon top right. When the Account window opens, drag your finger downwards on the screen and, hopefully, you will see the new App offered under Updates. Simply click on Update All and let it do it’s thing,

All working fine for me. Though I do wish they would let it rotate to Landscape. Maybe it’s just me but I can’t get it to do that no matter what I try.

Back