Problems logging into RTV

iOS App now available to Update. If you want to force Update it, open the App Store and click on the wee man icon top right. When the Account window opens, drag your finger downwards on the screen and, hopefully, you will see the new App offered under Updates. Simply click on Update All and let it do it’s thing,

All working fine for me. Though I do wish they would let it rotate to Landscape. Maybe it’s just me but I can’t get it to do that no matter what I try.
Mines rotates to landscape mate, but only seems to be in one direction

Try turning the phone so the charging port is to the right when playing the video, should work then.

Edit - play the video in portrait mode then click on the full screen icon bottom right beside progress bar, the video will rotate to landscape then.

iOS App now available to Update. If you want to force Update it, open the App Store and click on the wee man icon top right. When the Account window opens, drag your finger downwards on the screen and, hopefully, you will see the new App offered under Updates. Simply click on Update All and let it do it’s thing,

All working fine for me. Though I do wish they would let it rotate to Landscape. Maybe it’s just me but I can’t get it to do that no matter what I try.

You need to press for full screen. Rotating the phone ain’t doing anything.

Apart from that it all works great. Well done Rangers!

Hotmail with me as well bud, nothing through yet. I emailed support last night so hopefully they get back soon.
I got an email around tea-time from them. They asked for a screenshot of the problem. So I sent one back but no reply back yet. Tomorrow now I guess.

Said the same thing earlier mate. Not the most intuitive compared to the old app, but straightforward once you realise.

Once in landscape it won’t rotate fully the opposite way if turning the phone to the other direction unlike the old app.

No big deal, but feels more like a glitch rather than a feature

Last edited:
Mines rotates to landscape mate, but only seems to be in one direction

Try turning the phone so the charging port is to the right when playing the video, should work then.

Edit - play the video in portrait mode then click on the full screen icon bottom right beside progress bar, the video will rotate to landscape then.

Thanks guys. Didn’t realise I had to click the icon. Doh! Tried the Nathan Patterson press conference video and it keeps cutting out on me when full screen though. Will persevere.

Have to press the icon to get out of full screen as well.

ECIT: Solved the glitch of the Patterson presser keeping cutting out by shutting down and restarting my iPad.

Last edited:
Still saying my email is invalid...driving me crazy don't know what I'm doing wrong
Where is it saying email invalid? In the app or on the website?

have you downloaded the new app version? Both iOS and Android versions now available.

If on the new app and getting that, try deleting the app and re-download to see if that helps

Thanks guys. Didn’t realise I had to click the icon. Doh! Tried the Nathan Patterson press conference video and it keeps cutting out on me when full screen though. Will persevere.

Have to press the icon (top left) to get in out of full screen as well.
When in full screen landscape mode, if you want to exit full screen slide up from the bottom of the video and the controls appear to let you go back to small video, which will automatically put you to portrait mode and back to the main menu.

Last edited:
I got an email around tea-time from them. They asked for a screenshot of the problem. So I sent one back but no reply back yet. Tomorrow now I guess.
I seemed to get a generic email around the same time saying that I was receiving it because of known issues. It told me to click on the link then select the send again link, which done the trick.
Hopefully they get back to you soon.

Still saying my email is invalid...driving me crazy don't know what I'm doing wrong
You got the Verification email and did that? Usually lands in your Junk folder. Once you created and verified the new Account it should have taken you to a page asking you to login.
Dennistounbear, you never clarified if it was the old app version you were getting the invalid email message in?

Try downloading the new app (both iOS and Android versions are available) and try logging in with the new log in details when you set up the new account.

Each time I minimise or full screen a video; it jumps back to the start. Hopefully a bug that gets squashed.

Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Im sorted now, I think, but the new app I have is for Rangers FC not RTV. When I log on I can access RTV ok but was wondering if this was right. Anyone know?

Will I be able to get this on my newish Samsung TV or will I have to cast?

Each time I minimise or full screen a video; it jumps back to the start. Hopefully a bug that gets squashed.

Anyone else experiencing the same issue?
Yes mate. Not ideal, but I guess until there’s an update we’ll have to live with it.
I’d imagine we may get a small update in a week or two now that’s it’s out live and they can get feedback of any issues that crop up in the wild.

Im sorted now, I think, but the new app I have is for Rangers FC not RTV. When I log on I can access RTV ok but was wondering if this was right. Anyone know?

Hmm, the app should be RTV I’d imagine, that’s the one I have and is working.
iOS RTV app is available here - https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/rangers-tv/id1490121526

New app works perfectly on IPad but still having issues on Android phone.
I don’t have an Android phone so can’t help, and the Android app won’t open sideloaded on my Nvidia Shield.

I would be interested however if you, or someone who has the Android app can check to see what the minimum system requirements are and if they specify if it’s only compatible with phones and tablets?

I don’t have an Android phone so can’t help, and the Android app won’t open sideloaded on my Nvidia Shield.

I would be interested however if you, or someone who has the Android app can check to see what the minimum system requirements are and if they specify if it’s only compatible with phones and tablets?
Sorry aint no tech minded but quick look through the thread and it seems a few are saying it not compatible with the Nvidia and several other boxes with the app sideloaded.

I have noticed the IOS app version is 2.0 whilst the Android app is Version 1.0.Maybe this why some of us are having bother with Android.F ucked if I know.

The tile for the new App, at least in iOS, is a dark blue background with ‘RTV’ on it. The R in white and the T & V in red.

No idea on Android.

Is that suitable for android? Im on a Samsung.
Sorry mate, that’s the iOS version.
I’m on iPhone so haven’t got the link to the Android version.
Just go to Playstore and search for Rangers TV.
The updated version has a darker blue icon and should say Version 1.
Download that and I put your new log in details and you should hopefully be ok.

The tile for the new App, at least in iOS, is a dark blue background with ‘RTV’ on it. The R in white and the T & V in red.

No idea on Android.

I can see that from the link provided above but Ive got an android (very painful) so Im guessing I cant install that.

Ive got access to RTV but its not through an RTV app like before. Its through a Rangers FC app with our club crest on it. Its fine but I thought I might be adding steps when I dont need to.

Cheers.

Sorry aint no tech minded but quick look through the thread and it seems a few are saying it not compatible with the Nvidia and several other boxes with the app sideloaded.
Yeah mate, it was me that first mentioned that it doesn’t work on Nvidia.
That’s why I was interested in what the Android version said for device compatibility.
Not to worry, I can use the web browser on the shield instead.

Huge thank you to Walkers Loyal and Valley Bluenose - guided this old Luddite through the trials of updating the RTV app.

Turns out my swearing at my phone and iPad, and threatening to launch them into the wheelie bin wasn’t the right approach after all. I was starting to feel like a mentally challenged with a soap dispenser - all confused and terrified about how to make it work

I can see that from the link provided above but Ive got an android (very painful) so Im guessing I cant install that.

Ive got access to RTV but its not through an RTV app like before. Its through a Rangers FC app with our club crest on it. Its fine but I thought I might be adding steps when I dont need to.

Cheers.
Try this link mate, it’s the Android app version so should hopefully work on your Samsung.

I think thats the old version we were advised to delete. I did this afternoon but cant find anything on playstore thats RTV.
The new versions of the apps have different version numbers but don’t let that confuse you.
The Android new version is version 1.0 and the Apple version is Version 2.0.
That’s just because it’s two different operating systems so version 1 should be fine on android phones.

Cheers.
Sounds like you‘ve downloaded the wrong App mate.

Google Play Store and search for RangersTV and you will get the App identical to the Apple one in terms of how it looks. Definitely should say RTV on it.

Here’s a link:

Huge thank you to Walkers Loyal and Valley Bluenose - guided this old Luddite through the trials of updating the RTV app.

Turns out my swearing at my phone and iPad, and threatening to launch them into the wheelie bin wasn’t the right approach after all. I was starting to feel like a mentally challenged with a soap dispenser - all confused and terrified about how to make it work
Glad to know you’re sorted now mate.
Shouting at it doesn’t help but by god does it feel good sometimes!

Can someone please help me by answering a question as I'm not very good at this stuff. Is this only for those who subscribe to RTV. I''m a season ticket holder but don't subscribe to RTV. Rangers sent me a link at start of season to watch home games which I saved to my favourites. Before each game I simply click on link and the computer logs me in having saved my log in details. What I want to know is will the link I have still work or do I have to go through this creating a new account malarky too ?

Can someone please help me by answering a question as I'm not very good at this stuff. Is this only for those who subscribe to RTV. I''m a season ticket holder but don't subscribe to RTV. Rangers sent me a link at start of season to watch home games which I saved to my favourites. Before each game I simply click on link and the computer logs me in having saved my log in details. What I want to know is will the link I have still work or do I have to go through this creating a new account malarky too ?
You need to go through the Create New Account process.

Easiest way is to follow post #465 in this very thread.

Once you have done that you are sorted. The live.Rangers.co.uk website you’ve favourited/bookmarked for VST viewing will auto re-direct to the new website. However, if you want to favourite/bookmark the new site it’s:

I think you need to create the new account mate. Pretty painless for most. The only issue was certain email types (yahoo, sky and AOL) seeing delays in getting the confirmation email.
That seems to be mostly resolved now, so if you follow the instructions Valley Bluenose put up at the beginning of the thread, you should be able to create the new account (use the ssme email address you used to get the original VST link.
Once you get the confirmation email, download the new app version and put in your log in details. You should be fine then.

I think you need to create the new account mate. Pretty painless for most. The only issue was certain email types (yahoo, sky and AOL) seeing delays in getting the confirmation email.
That seems to be mostly resolved now, so if you follow the instructions Valley Bluenose put up at the beginning of the thread, you should be able to create the new account (use the ssme email address you used to get the original VST link.
Once you get the confirmation email, download the new app version and put in your log in details. You should be fine then.
I’m a virtual st only.
I tried the new account bit.
first name
second name
email
repeat email
password, so I put in my vst password
repeat
it came up I need upper, lower number stuff,
does that indicate I need a new password as my old one didn’t have an upper case?

Errors:
  • We could not find an My Rangers account registered to that email address - are you sure you entered your email correctly?
I've only got one email address. Ready to punch a hole in wall:mad:

I’m a virtual st only.
I tried the new account bit.
first name
second name
email
repeat email
password, so I put in my vst password
repeat
it came up I need upper, lower number stuff,
does that indicate I need a new password as my old one didn’t have an upper case?
Same here mate. I'm lost with this shit and getting angrier by the minute

Try this link mate, it’s the Android app version so should hopefully work on your Samsung.

Got a message saying it isnt compatible with my device.

Incidentally when I search for apps in Playstore I rarely find what Im looking for. For example I now have a Rangers FC app that seems to be run by amgstream and it lets me access Rangers TV. When I search for this on Playstore it isnt there. I got it through a link on here and have it installed.

This is the really weird thing. Ive installed it twice and although they look the same the work differently.

The main thing is I think Im good to go having checked to see if I can play the content.

Cheers to you and VB for the help.

Back