Problems logging into RTV

Are you expecting problems watching the game with vpn on VB? I’ve not had time to go through the whole thread.
If you have the overseas Unlimited subscription and use it with a VPN I'm not expecting any issues. Its what I do so it better work!

Right now the issue seems to be those who want to purchase the 3 Day Unlimited Package. The Subscribe button next to the match disappears when you Login. I'd be interested to know what happens when someone clicks on it WITHOUT Logging-in and then proceeds to purchase the 3 Day Unlimited Package. Does it let you complete the process and simply ask you to Login as part of that process? Hopefully someone to whom that applies will respond.

For those trying to buy the 3 day pass that are either genuinely abroad, or are in UK but have their VPN on, can they try going to the link below?
The 3 day pass should be one of the options, I think the third one down -

Hey, I've clicked the link and I think it'll work. I already have the 6 quid subscription and then just buy the 3 day pass whenever I can watch a game live.

Before I do that, can you tell me how to navigate to that through the website? I've spent the last 20mins looking at the website and I cannot find a link to that anywhere! It's absolutely mental.

Hey, I've clicked the link and I think it'll work. I already have the 6 quid subscription and then just buy the 3 day pass whenever I can watch a game live.

Before I do that, can you tell me how to navigate to that through the website? I've spent the last 20mins looking at the website and I cannot find a link to that anywhere! It's absolutely mental.
If you go to the RangersTV Home page WITHOUT logging-in and scroll down to the Hibs match it will have a Subscribe button next to it that takes you to the page @Walkers Loyal has posted. However, if you Login the Subscribe button disappears.:rolleyes:

RangersTV | Rangers Football Club

What we don't know yet is what happens if you go to the Home page, WITHOUT logging-in, click on the Subscribe button and then try to purchase the 3 Day Unlimited Pass (with your VPN on obviously). Hopefully, it let's you purchase and simply asks you to log-in during that process.

If you try it can you please come back and let us know.

Hoping to pause the game just before kick off tonight and press play an hour and a half later!
Zoom meeting unavoidable at the same time, hoping my broadband stands up to that!

If you go to the RangersTV Home page WITHOUT logging-in and scroll down to the Hibs match it will have a Subscribe button next to it that takes you to the page @Walkers Loyal has posted. However, if you Login the Subscribe button disappears.

What we don't know yet is what happens if you go to the Home page, WITHOUT logging-in, click on the Subscribe button and then try to purchase the 3 Day Unlimited Pass (with your VPN on obviously). Hopefully, it let's you purchase and simply asks you to log-in during that process.

Jesus. Who develops this for the club, it's woeful.

OK, so I did what you said. I logged out of my account on the laptop, then went back to 'rangers tv' and sure enough there was the subscribe button. I clicked it and bought the 3 day pass. Weirdly even though I was logged out all my details (address, phone number etc.) were pre-populated. Put my credit card details in and paid and got the email confirmation straight away. I logged back into my account and all seems well.

I guess the proof will be at 6.30am tomorrow when I try and watch the game with my cornflakes.

A club like Rangers with the money they are spending on this type of thing really should be doing better from a CX perspective.

If you have the overseas Unlimited subscription and use it with a VPN I'm not expecting any issues. Its what I do so it better work!

Right now the issue seems to be those who want to purchase the 3 Day Unlimited Package. The Subscribe button next to the match disappears when you Login. I'd be interested to know what happens when someone clicks on it WITHOUT Logging-in and then proceeds to purchase the 3 Day Unlimited Package. Does it let you complete the process and simply ask you to Login as part of that process? Hopefully someone to whom that applies will respond.
Actually, that's the weird part. It DIDN'T ask for my login details when I was paying. Which is confusing.

If you go to the RangersTV Home page WITHOUT logging-in and scroll down to the Hibs match it will have a Subscribe button next to it that takes you to the page @Walkers Loyal has posted. However, if you Login the Subscribe button disappears.:rolleyes:

vpn on, no login, Rangers tv, Hibs vs Gers, subscribe, NO option to purchace day pass.

Done on a PC

With login, same as above, option to purchase ppv £9.99

Jesus. Who develops this for the club, it's woeful.

OK, so I did what you said. I logged out of my account on the laptop, then went back to 'Rangers tv' and sure enough there was the subscribe button. I clicked it and bought the 3 day pass. Weirdly even though I was logged out all my details (address, phone number etc.) were pre-populated. Put my credit card details in and paid and got the email confirmation straight away. I logged back into my account and all seems well.

I guess the proof will be at 6.30am tomorrow when I try and watch the game with my cornflakes.

A club like Rangers with the money they are spending on this type of thing really should be doing better from a CX perspective.
Well, that's progress - of a kind. Though a little bit concerning. I'm guessing the fact you didn't need to login was something to do with cookies storing your data. Still a bit concerning.

If you want to check your purchase went through OK go to the Home page again and Login. Once Logged-In click on the 'wee man' icon and, from the drop-down menu, select RTV Account. You should see both your subscription and your purchase of the match listed there.

Can you let us know that it does indeed show. Will help others. You will need to use the back button after looking at RTV Account in order to Logout.

'Not working' or you no longer have access to it? If its the latter then you should, of course, have updated RangersTV when you lost it.;) You're in a pickle now though. Only thing I can suggest is contacting the poor SLO, @Greg Marshall, either on here or via Twitter. Poor guy has probably been up all night with this stuff.

On that note, @Greg Marshall can you advise why overseas users are not seeing then option to purchase the 3 Day Unlimited Pass. See post #836. Used to be via the Subscribe & Buy tab, which is now gone. Before you Login there is a Subscribe button which takes you to the purchase screen but, as soon as you Login, the Subscribe button disappears. Some clarity would be appreciated as its going to cause chaos tonight. Do we have to go through the purchase process BEFORE Logging IN. I did email streamamg but post #836 outlines the mess that turned into.
Mate,

Sorry guys, been slammed at work so couldn’t get back on here.
Hopefully VB’s info about is helpful and you can purchase the game ok.

It seems the way to buy the PPV for tonight's game is as follows, but you will need to have been through the Create New Account process this thread is all about first:

Switch on your VPN (if necessary), go to the RangersTV Home page linked below. Do NOT Login. Scroll down to find the Hibs v Rangers match and there should be a Subscribe button to the right (provided you have NOT logged-in). Click on the Subscribe button - you should find your details auto-populated there I think - and then purchase the 3 Day Unlimited Pass. If you want to confirm the purchase has gone through then Login, click on the 'wee man' icon and, from the drop-down menu, select RTV Account. Your purchase should show there. You should also get an email confirming purchase. Use the back button to go back and then Logout.

See @MacGyver posts 856 and 857. Thanks man.

EDIT: to get the auto-populated page you need to have logged in, over the last couple of days, from the VPN location you choose to view the game from. So, for example, take a trip to Germany. Login. Immediately logout again. Refresh the page. Then find the Subscribe button, click on it, select 3 Day Unlimited Pass and then Buy Now. Next page should have your details already there. Make the purchase. Confirmation email and then check your Account to make sure it shows there. Use back button and then logout.

Last edited:
That’s the point @rangeral - you see nothing when logged in. The Subscribe button isn’t there.

However, when logged OUT and clicking on Subscribe then no, I don’t get an Audio option - either with or without VPN.
Cheers just wondering in case you had anything different

I did follow the post above to see what happen after clicking the 3 day pass took me straight to the login page

As I posted going to be fun for tonight game that is for sure

Cheers just wondering in case you had anything different

I did follow the post above to see what happen after clicking the 3 day pass took me straight to the login page

As I posted going to be fun for tonight game that is for sure
Bizarrely, or maybe not, if I click on Subscribe and then the 3 Day Unlimited on my iPad I’m asked to login. However, if I do it on my Desktop then after clicking to buy the 3 Day Unlimited it takes me to a page pre-populated with my details, as per @MacGyver and I’m not required to login.

Baffling.

EDIT: Got it now. Provided you have - at some point in the last couple of days - logged into the site from the VPN location of your choosing then you get the pre-populated page and can proceed with the purchase without logging in.

Last edited:
Bizarrely, or maybe not, if I click on Subscribe and then the 3 Day Unlimited on my iPad I’m asked to login. However, if I do it on my Desktop then after clicking to buy the 3 Day Unlimited it takes me to a page pre-populated with my details, as per @MacGyver and I’m not required to login.

Baffling.
It was Desktop for me and nothing was pre-populated and asked to log in

Have had problems in the past when i have logged on however no picture has appeared until around 15 minutes before games.

Hopefully that glitch has been sorted out.

Still nothing happens

Just concerned there is no option showing after log-in guess that will show later nearer the game

Have notice another video added
I tried ‘buying’ the three day package and got asked to login. I cancelled out of that. Logged in then logged out again. Refreshed the page. Went through the purchase process again and when I clicked on Buy Now got the pre-populated page.

Weird, so you can sign in on the app, and it just loads and doesn't show any content?

Yes mate, I can login but I just get a blank navy background with the wee loading circle but nothing loads and I can't select any of the three tabs at the bottom

Ok - VST guy here. Set up the new account using the same email address. Fine. Got the confirmation email. Clicked on that. Logged in ok. Changed a few of my settings (buggy, they obviously spend zero time checking some of these things, but got there. This was all on laptop and was ok.

Tried to log into the app on my phone. Didn't work. Deleted and updated the app. Can get in ok now.

My question is - is there a way of knowing it has recognised my VST status, or is it a case of waiting until the stream starts later to find out? Secondly, will it allow VSTs to watch the game on the app (like it has done all season) or do we need to go to the actual webpage now?

Thanks!

It's a strange process this. You would think that you have to be logged in to purchase. But as the guys have suggested above, I logged out, then it gave me the option to 'subscribe' to the 3 day pass. Done that then logged back in. Now showing as purchased in my RTV account.

My android box runs android 8.1. The new RTV app is incompatible.

Has anyone with more recent iterations of android software had any joy with the RTV app on an android box? Interested to now if its a software version issue or more

Hopefully as it gets nearer the game we will have the option to view.
l am getting a bit concerned now, especially with the new changeover there could be a slight hiccup.
l have the unlimited subscription so hopefully everything will run smoothly for every bear.

I tried ‘buying’ the three day package and got asked to login. I cancelled out of that. Logged in then logged out again. Refreshed the page. Went through the purchase process again and when I clicked on Buy Now got the pre-populated page.
Seems weird but that to me isn't the issue it is the viewing/audio links that don't appear.

Another Q - if you used the single sign on on the main Rangers page to look at bog standard web content, presumably that will now also sign you into RTV, yeah? What if you absentmindedly then signed into the app or webpage on a second device specifically to watch a streaming game. Will it see that as you trying to circumvent things and disconnect / block you???

Ok - VST guy here. Set up the new account using the same email address. Fine. Got the confirmation email. Clicked on that. Logged in ok. Changed a few of my settings (buggy, they obviously spend zero time checking some of these things, but got there. This was all on laptop and was ok.

Tried to log into the app on my phone. Didn't work. Deleted and updated the app. Can get in ok now.

My question is - is there a way of knowing it has recognised my VST status, or is it a case of waiting until the stream starts later to find out? Secondly, will it allow VSTs to watch the game on the app (like it has done all season) or do we need to go to the actual webpage now?

Thanks!
As always, in order to check what your subscription status is then Login to RangersTV on the website. Click on the 'wee man' icon top right and from the drop-down menu select RTV Account. Your sub will be listed there and for the VST will say something along the lines of 'season ticket access - July 2021'.

I'd guess the reason you couldn't get into the App was because it hadn't updated/you hadn't forced the update.

The live.rangers.co.uk website for VST viewers will auto re-direct to the new page for viewing. If you want to bookmark the new page for yourself then its below:

My android box runs android 8.1. The new RTV app is incompatible.

Has anyone with more recent iterations of android software had any joy with the RTV app on an android box? Interested to now if its a software version issue or more
Multiple reports of the new App not working on Android boxes (of any variant), Fire TV Stick and NVidia Shield mate. For now at least.

Hopefully as it gets nearer the game we will have the option to view.
l am getting a bit concerned now, especially with the new changeover there could be a slight hiccup.
l have the unlimited subscription so hopefully everything will run smoothly for every bear.
I'm only guessing but I think at least 1 hour before the match the old Live Video and Live Audio buttons will appear next to the match on the RangersTV Home page. Or a new tile to navigate to that at least.

Another Q - if you used the single sign on on the main Rangers page to look at bog standard web content, presumably that will now also sign you into RTV, yeah? What if you absentmindedly then signed into the app or webpage on a second device specifically to watch a streaming game. Will it see that as you trying to circumvent things and disconnect / block you???
I'd say yes it will. Logout after every session. Recipe for disaster if you don't. Worth noting that the App keeps you logged in now as well, so another minefield.

There are good reasons for not letting you log in concurrently on multiple devices, primarily mate's sharing logins for free access, but it could be implemented in a far better manner with a bit of time and effort (and money obviously).

As always, in order to check what your subscription status is then Login to RangersTV on the website. Click on the 'wee man' icon top right and from the drop-down menu select RTV Account. Your sub will be listed there and for the VST will say something along the lines of 'season ticket access - July 2021'.

I'd guess the reason you couldn't get into the App was because it hadn't updated/you hadn't forced the update.

The live.Rangers.co.uk website for VST viewers will auto re-direct to the new page for viewing. If you want to bookmark the new page for yourself then its below:

Cheers VB - yes, all seems fine...! More just whether there was anything to confirm it will actually work on the app now, if you see what I mean. I've done everything and it all looks ok. I've just no way of knowing I guess, until later on. I have Sky so relatively relaxed about this evening if it doesn't work.

As an aside, I'd never have known about any of this if not for FF. I've checked all my settings and I'm set up to get emails etc. But I very seldom do. Hopefully the single sign-in will be a broader step towards the Rangers internet presence being a bit more like what it should be.

Finally, its time you had an avatar / custom title for all the work you do on here to help people, VB!

I'd say yes it will. Logout after every session. Recipe for disaster if you don't. Worth noting that the App keeps you logged in now as well, so another minefield.

There are good reasons for not letting you log in concurrently on multiple devices, primarily mate's sharing logins for free access, but it could be implemented in a far better manner with a bit of time and effort (and money obviously).
Yes, I suspect that will be the case too, and precisely why I asked. An auto-logout after inactivity should be easy to implement, for example.

Yes, I suspect that will be the case too, and precisely why I asked. An auto-logout after inactivity should be easy to implement, for example.
For me, that would be ideal. Say 1 hours inactivity and it logs you out. Some folk don't like that idea though. It is FollowFollow after all.:rolleyes:

Sorry if this has already been posted. Are there any other VST holders having issues registering again with RTV, as per the instructions? Keeps kicking up an error message saying I'm using an incorrect email address and I'm 100% using the correct one.

On the app, I’ve twice now been signed in but videos are showing as locked for members only. At first I thought it had logged me out but I was showing as signed in, this happening with anyone else? Logging out and back in again sorts it so not a major issue but a little annoying

Sorry if this has already been posted. Are there any other VST holders having issues registering again with RTV, as per the instructions? Keeps kicking up an error message saying I'm using an incorrect email address and I'm 100% using the correct one.
I managed fine mate. Only issue I had was getting back into the app afterwards. That was sorted by uninstalling it and then loading up the new version of it. Got in ok then.

One of my mates is a VST holder and he was / is having the same issue as you though. I've no idea what the difference might be. Only think I can think of was that I re-registered on a separate device (laptop) to what I usually access RTV on (phone). Maybe cookies / cache needs to be cleared or something. I've not read this full thread, but I'd guess that people will have looked into that.

Best of luck sorting it.

Sounds like you are entering your login details in the text boxes instead of clicking on Create New Account as the message above them indicates.

See post #826

I managed fine mate. Only issue I had was getting back into the app afterwards. That was sorted by uninstalling it and then loading up the new version of it. Got in ok then.

One of my mates is a VST holder and he was / is having the same issue as you though. I've no idea what the difference might be. Only think I can think of was that I re-registered on a separate device (laptop) to what I usually access RTV on (phone). Maybe cookies / cache needs to be cleared or something. I've not read this full thread, but I'd guess that people will have looked into that.

Best of luck sorting it.
Cheers mate, really appreciate the reply. I'll give that a go, logging on with the laptop rather than the mobile.

On the app, I’ve twice now been signed in but videos are showing as locked for members only. At first I thought it had logged me out but I was showing as signed in, this happening with anyone else? Logging out and back in again sorts it so not a major issue but a little annoying
Have you updated to the new App? Dark blue tile with RTV on it - R in white and T & V in red.

The new RTV app from apple store now downloaded and it works. Needed to use the new password from the new account created earlier in the week. At least now I can watch tonight’s game. All this hassle better be rewarded with a win for us. :))

How do we go about buying the ‘Path to Glory’ episodes on the new app? I’ve link it to my VST and Gers TV account but not giving me the option to purchase. Wondered if anyone has bought it through the new app. Cheers.

Cheers for the rey mate but I'm defo selecting the 'create new account' option. Gonna try again on the laptop and hope that makes a difference.
If you are on the Create New Account page, where you enter your details plus email and password, you are definitely in the right place. We did have another poster insist he was using the correct registered email address - remember it has to be your RTV one rather than your Rangers Account one if you have one - but it turned out he was using a different address. Worth double checking - we've all been there.

I do agree that its always better to do these things on a laptop/desktop.

Have you updated to the new App? Dark blue tile with RTV on it - R in white and T & V in red.
Yeah I updated it last night, works fine when I’m on it other than the issue I mentioned that happened once last night and again about an hour ago. Should add I’m a overseas subscriber using a VPN for matches

How do we go about buying the ‘Path to Glory’ episodes on the new app? I’ve link it to my VST and Gers TV account but not giving me the option to purchase. Wondered if anyone has bought it through the new app. Cheers.
You cannot buy ANYTHING via the App. For the simple reason Apple/Google take a 20% slice of the pie. Have to purchase anything at all via the website.

Yeah I updated it last night, works fine when I’m on it other than the issue I mentioned that happened once last night and again about an hour ago. Should add I’m a overseas subscriber using a VPN for matches
Weird. Only issue I had with the App was that it was throwing me out in the middle of videos. Restarting my device (iPad) sorted that out though.

Anyone else having issue with app from Apple where it tries to log-in then kicks out to iphone home screen? On iphone with latest f/w

Back