Problems logging into RTV

Anyone else having issue with app from Apple where it tries to log-in then kicks out to iphone home screen? On iphone with latest f/w
Have you updated to the latest App? You might need to force update if you haven't. Go to App Store, click on the 'wee man' icon top right, on the pop-up screen that appears put your finger on it and drag downwards and release. Hopefully, after that, you will see listed under Updates on that page the new RangersTV App. Click on Update All and let it do its thing.

Have you updated to the latest App? You might need to force update if you haven't. Go to App Store, click on the 'wee man' icon top right, on the pop-up screen that appears put your finger on it and drag downwards and release. Hopefully, after that, you will see listed under Updates on that page the new RangersTV App. Click on Update All and let it do its thing.
Thanks VB but had already deleted old app and installed new one. Allows me to input log-in details then spins for a few secs before kicking back to iphone home screen.

Thanks VB but had already deleted old app and installed new one. Allows me to input log-in details then spins for a few secs before kicking back to iphone home screen.
Try restarting the phone. I had issues getting kicked off videos on my iPad. A restart resolved them. For me at least.

Oh, and you have been through the Create New Account process I assume?

Just to add to what's already been said about buying the 3 day unlimited package for tonight's game.

I bought it last night by clicking 'subscribe' when not logged in but vpn turned on and the purchase (through PayPal) appears in my history

Logging in just now with vpn on there are no 'audio/video' options

Hoping they appear at some point closer to kick-off

Just to add to what's already been said about buying the 3 day unlimited package for tonight's game.

I bought it last night by clicking 'subscribe' when not logged in but vpn turned on and the purchase (through PayPal) appears in my history

Logging in just now with vpn on there are no 'audio/video' options

Hoping they appear at some point closer to kick-off
Sounds like you've done everything right mate. Just a case of waiting for Live Video icon to appear - as I'm sure it will.

Quick question - after clicking on Buy Now did it take you to the auto-populated screen or did it take you to a Login screen?

Sounds like you've done everything right mate. Just a case of waiting for Live Video icon to appear - as I'm sure it will.

Quick question - after clicking on Buy Now did it take you to the auto-populated screen or did it take you to a Login screen?
I wish i could remember! I 'think' I had to login but wasn't paying enough attention to be 100% sure.:(

Try restarting the phone. I had issues getting kicked off videos on my iPad. A restart resolved them. For me at least.

Oh, and you have been through the Create New Account process I assume?Been
Been through the new account process and after restart still no luck. Thanks for trying VB

Been through the new account process and after restart still no luck. Thanks for trying VB
Did you get the Verification email and all that rigmarole? If so, your account should be fine. Might be worth trying to login to the RangersTV website via Safari - just to make sure your 'new' account works alright. If that works OK the we can nail down the problem to being specific to the App. Not time to give up yet.;)

RangersTV | Rangers Football Club

Did you get the Verification email and all that rigmarole? If so, your account should be fine. Might be worth trying to login to the RangersTV website via Safari - just to make sure your 'new' account works alright. If that works OK the we can nail down the problem to being specific to the App. Not time to give up yet.;)

No probs logging in to RTV via Windows 10 on a Surface Pro4. Logged out on SP4.

Tried new app on iphone SE with f/w 14.3. App starts then kicks out to main iphone screen.
Tried new app on iphone 6s with f/w 14.4(latest release) Same result as above.

Cheers VB

Getting there now folks I think. 3 day pass bought. Surfshark on, I'll be in Paris using a firestick, is it just a case of logging into my account using the silk/internet app around kick off and I'm off and running on the telly? VPN's and workarounds aren't my forte but I'm happy for Rangers to get another tenner and looking forward to using this if I can manage not to muck it up.

FFS, having eventually fixed all the laptop probs yesterday and getting into my account, I cant today. Well, I can access my profile and Account detail but no video content.

No probs logging in to RTV via Windows 10 on a Surface Pro4. Logged out on SP4.

Tried new app on iphone SE with f/w 14.3. App starts then kicks out to main iphone screen.
Tried new app on iphone 6s with f/w 14.4(latest release) Same result as above.

Cheers VB
So we know your new account has created fine.

I did wonder if it was because you had older phones but its supposed to work with iOS 10 or later. Despite that I'm still kinda inclined to think that phone age might be the issue here.

If its definitely the App below that you have installed then i guess we are stuck now pending any update but I'm thinking 'old' phones still.

Its no consolation but I guess you will just have to access RangersTV via Safari in the meantime mate.

‎Rangers TV on the App Store (apple.com)

Last edited:
Getting there now folks I think. 3 day pass bought. Surfshark on, I'll be in Paris using a firestick, is it just a case of logging into my account using the silk/internet app around kick off and I'm off and running on the telly? VPN's and workarounds aren't my forte but I'm happy for Rangers to get another tenner and looking forward to using this if I can manage not to muck it up.
Should be. We just need that Live Video button to appear on the RangersTV website ha ha.

FFS, having eventually fixed all the laptop probs yesterday and getting into my account, I cant today. Well, I can access my profile and Account detail but no video content.
Is this on the website and via laptop or are you onto the App now? Daft question but you do have a subscription that lets you view content I assume? (Sorry) Also, I saw someone have some success by uninstalling Flash Player if you have it.

Apologies for hijacking the thread, I have a RTV question that may or may not have been asked and answered already on this thread:

Q. Is anyone finding the picture quality of the videos not as good as it usually is since the site was updated?

My normal method to watch videos is by casting it from phone to chromecast on the tv. The picture for me is usually perfect, very crisp - but today i've watched the latest training video and the Ryan Jack interview and the picture quality is nowhere near as good as it usually is.

Cheers in advance for anyone's answers.

Apologies for hijacking the thread, I have a RTV question that may or may not have been asked and answered already on this thread:

Q. Is anyone finding the picture quality of the videos not as good as it usually is since the site was updated?

My normal method to watch videos is by casting it from phone to chromecast on the tv. The picture for me is usually perfect, very crisp - but today i've watched the latest training video and the Ryan Jack interview and the picture quality is nowhere near as good as it usually is.

Cheers in advance for anyone's answers.
First thing I would say is how are you managing to cast it to Chromecast? Lots of folk finding with the new App they don't get the Chromecast option. I don't cast so maybe there's a way to do it without the App?

Videos still playing in 1080p for me on Desktop.

I am assuming you have been through the whole Create New Account process and then downloaded the new App in the aftermath as well?

Last edited:
If you go to the RangersTV Home page WITHOUT logging-in and scroll down to the Hibs match it will have a Subscribe button next to it that takes you to the page @Walkers Loyal has posted. However, if you Login the Subscribe button disappears.:rolleyes:

What we don't know yet is what happens if you go to the Home page, WITHOUT logging-in, click on the Subscribe button and then try to purchase the 3 Day Unlimited Pass (with your VPN on obviously). Hopefully, it let's you purchase and simply asks you to log-in during that process.

If you try it can you please come back and let us know.
I know that you have been very helpful and have responded to an earlier plea for help. Please accept that old guys like me who are in their 80’s do struggle. I tried to re-register and typed in my email address, it is an aol one. When I type in my current password I am told that the format should be different. I have changed the password to satisfy the requirements but after doing that when I try to log in a message comes up which reads, this email address is already registered. I am out of my depth, VB and would value an further guidance. Thanks.

For those who bought the 3 day pass on Android app. Sign out of the app and shut it down completely, VPN on, open app and sign back in and the Ryan Jack interview being available should tell you all's good...I think.

'Not working' or you no longer have access to it? If its the latter then you should, of course, have updated RangersTV when you lost it.;) You're in a pickle now though. Only thing I can suggest is contacting the poor SLO, @Greg Marshall, either on here or via Twitter. Poor guy has probably been up all night with this stuff.

On that note, @Greg Marshall can you advise why overseas users are not seeing then option to purchase the 3 Day Unlimited Pass. See post #836. Used to be via the Subscribe & Buy tab, which is now gone. Before you Login there is a Subscribe button which takes you to the purchase screen but, as soon as you Login, the Subscribe button disappears. Some clarity would be appreciated as its going to cause chaos tonight. Do we have to go through the purchase process BEFORE Logging IN. I did email streamamg but post #836 outlines the mess that turned into.
I’ve checked in with RTV and they’ve shown me screens of it being available overseas. The caveat being that if you already have access that it won’t show

If you are on the Create New Account page, where you enter your details plus email and password, you are definitely in the right place. We did have another poster insist he was using the correct registered email address - remember it has to be your RTV one rather than your Rangers Account one if you have one - but it turned out he was using a different address. Worth double checking - we've all been there.

I do agree that its always better to do these things on a laptop/desktop.
I did say several times that I only have one email address. If folks are still not able to recieve the verification email to register I will post exactly what did work. It worked first time after being locked out with an error code and trying all day. The method used is contrary to all the instructions so to avoid anymore confusion ill wait the official method has been exhausted, if anyone is still stuck ill post it.

I know that you have been very helpful and have responded to an earlier plea for help. Please accept that old guys like me who are in their 80’s do struggle. I tried to re-register and typed in my email address, it is an aol one. When I type in my current password I am told that the format should be different. I have changed the password to satisfy the requirements but after doing that when I try to log in a message comes up which reads, this email address is already registered. I am out of my depth, VB and would value an further guidance. Thanks.
Yeah, it can be struggle - even for us 'youngsters' in our 60s ha ha.

And I'm struggling with your query to be honest. I know they now insist on the password having at least one capital letter etc but it sounds like you've tried to comply with that. What should happen is that you get to the page below and fill in your details, including your email address and password (amended in your case to comply). You then click on Continue and you should get a message saying a Verification email has been sent to you. You need to be in receipt of that and click on the Verify link in it to proceed.

Can I clarify, when you say 'when I try to login a message comes up saying....' do you mean that when you hit Continue you get that message? Or are you mistakenly clicking on the bit above that says 'Click here to Login'? You need to enter your details and click on Continue then wait for the Verification email.

Home | Rangers Football Club

A link to the FAQs are on that page as well, and may be of help.

I’ve checked in with RTV and they’ve shown me screens of it being available overseas. The caveat being that if you already have access that it won’t show
That might be the issue for me specifically then @Greg Marshall as I have the Unlimited subscription. However, others who do not are finding that the only way to purchase is to NOT login. @rangeral amongst others. It works if you do NOT login though. You can click on the Subscribe button and go through the purchase process. It just seem totally counter-intuitive though that if you DO login the Subscribe button disappears - even if you do not have an overseas subscription - and you are unable to purchase the PPV/3 Day Unlimited. That surely cannot be the best way?

Thanks for the response though. I've sent you a PM on another matter that I thought best left off the board. Purely for info and action as you see fit - if any.

Last edited:
I did say several times that I only have one email address. If folks are still not able to recieve the verification email to register I will post exactly what did work. It worked first time after being locked out with an error code and trying all day. The method used is contrary to all the instructions so to avoid anymore confusion ill wait the official method has been exhausted, if anyone is still stuck ill post it.
Just to be clear - the 'other poster' I was referring to in the post you quote wasn't you mate. Different guy, and different problem entirely.;)

Yeah, it can be struggle - even for us 'youngsters' in our 60s ha ha.

And I'm struggling with your query to be honest. I know they now insist on the password having at least one capital letter etc but it sounds like you've tried to comply with that. What should happen is that you get to the page below and fill in your details, including your email address and password (amended in your case to comply). You then click on Continue and you should get a message saying a Verification email has been sent to you. You need to be in receipt of that and click on the Verify link in it to proceed.

Can I clarify, when you say 'when I try to login a message comes up saying....' do you mean that when you hit Continue you get that message? Or are you mistakenly clicking on the bit above that says 'Click here to Login'? You need to enter your details and click on Continue then wait for the Verification email.

Home | Rangers Football Club

A link to the FAQs are on that page as well, and may be of help.
I am instructed to change my password and after doing so, when I try to log in this message comes up “
  • A My Rangers account registered to that email address already exists.

I am instructed to change my password and after doing so, when I try to log in this message comes up “
  • A My Rangers account registered to that email address already exists.
So you enter your details on the page I linked and get instructed that your password is non-compliant. You then enter a new password that IS compliant - twice - in the respective boxes.

What do you then click on that brings up the message you are quoting. Are you clicking on Continue at the bottom of the page? That is what you should be doing (working from memory here so excuse me if I'm a bit out).

So you enter your details on the page I linked and get instructed that your password is non-compliant. You then enter a new password that IS compliant - twice - in the respective boxes.

What do you then click on that brings up the message you are quoting. Are you clicking on Continue at the bottom of the page? That is what you should be doing (working from memory here so excuse me if I'm a bit out).
Yes that is what I am doing. Thanks for your willingness to help, guess that the problem goes deeper. Just hope that we don’t experience any problems at Easter Road tonight

Yes that is what I am doing. Thanks for your willingness to help, guess that the problem goes deeper. Just hope that we don’t experience any problems at Easter Road tonight
Always happy to help if I can.

I'm still unclear why you would get that message. What *should* happen is that you enter the new, compliant, password, hit Continue, and you then get sent the Verification email. Click on that and that's you done - albeit there's a delay on AOL emails.

You don't appear to even be getting as far as getting the message about the Verification email which is bizarre. I've seen posts from others who have had to change their passwords to be compliant and they've had no issues.

As a last resort can I ask what device you are using? I've always found these things seem to work better on laptop/desktop than a mobile device. Final last resort is to try clearing cache/cookies, closing the browser and trying it all again.

That might be the issue for me specifically then @Greg Marshall as I have the Unlimited subscription. However, others who do not are finding that the only way to purchase is to NOT login. @rangeral amongst others. It works if you do NOT login though. You can click on the Subscribe button and go through the purchase process. It just seem totally counter-intuitive though that if you DO login the Subscribe button disappears - even if you do not have an overseas subscription - and you are unable to purchase the PPV/3 Day Unlimited. That surely cannot be the best way?

Thanks for the response though. I've sent you a PM on another matter that I thought best left off the board. Purely for info and action as you see fit - if any.
@Valley Bluenose
Doesn't seem right you can't see a Live tab for either video or audio if you already subscribe, the previous version was better and I know there will be teething problems on this new set-up

I have re-created my account and received confirmation re the activation.
Where is the login button?
Where is the subscribe button?
Both were on old system but now missing?

@Valley Bluenose
Doesn't seem right you can't see a Live tab for either video or audio if you already subscribe, the previous version was better and I know there will be teething problems on this new set-up
Hopefully it appears a good hour, or more, before kick-off @rangeral. I'm usually quite comfortable with RangersTV as I very, very rarely have any problems. Have to say I'm nervous about getting access to the game tonight.

Logged out and back in again. Match details now giving me a 'watch live' option. Thanks VB for all the advice.
For all other bears am using a VPN through a macbook pro. Picture is perfect so far. Haven't tried any of this through my firestick as it seems too much hassle.

Sorry if already covered but the only issue I am having with the new app is when you enlarge the video to play landscape on your phone, it doesn't fit right and everything looks squashed

Always happy to help if I can.

I'm still unclear why you would get that message. What *should* happen is that you enter the new, compliant, password, hit Continue, and you then get sent the Verification email. Click on that and that's you done - albeit there's a delay on AOL emails.

You don't appear to even be getting as far as getting the message about the Verification email which is bizarre. I've seen posts from others who have had to change their passwords to be compliant and they've had no issues.

As a last resort can I ask what device you are using? I've always found these things seem to work better on laptop/desktop than a mobile device. Final last resort is to try clearing cache/cookies, closing the browser and trying it all again.
I am using my iPad but have a desktop and will give it a try tomorrow.

I did wonder if it was because you had older phones but its supposed to work with iOS 10 or later. Despite that I'm still kinda inclined to think that phone age might be the issue here.

If its definitely the App below that you have installed then i guess we are stuck now pending any update but I'm thinking 'old' phones still.

Its no consolation but I guess you will just have to access RangersTV via Safari in the meantime mate.

Hi mate, decided to do a test, I have an old iPhone 6 running iOS 12.4.3 and installed the new RTV app.

I signed in and tried playing a video and it’s running perfectly so I don’t think the issues are related to the age of the iPhone.
The phone I use is iPhone 11 with 14.4 that I run the app on for regular use, for comparison.

On the Android app on mobile
Got it on iOS App. No button though. VPN on, click on Matches in bottom menu bar and then click on the match details - there’s no actual button to click on. Takes you to the next page, click on Play and it’s currently showing the Ross County game.

I went through the process of creating new account with existing email, got an email from them, activated account.
I have full subscription but cannot now access locked material on rtv ?

Apple store confirms the app is compatible with my phones. Just tried on the better halfs iphone 7 with same results. One of those wee gremlins that will "pass" in due time. Cheers m8!

I went through the process of creating new account with existing email, got an email from them, activated account.
I have full subscription but cannot now access locked material on rtv ?
Check you’re not still signed in to RTV on the website or in the app on a different device.
I had the same issue, so logged out of the app after I got the error, signed back in and I was able to click on the videos that wouldn’t let me before.

Back