Process of selecting new manager.

swany

Will we advertise and welcome applications,or do we bypass that process and approach candidates directly?

We approach, and candidates approach us with cv's/interest.

There will have been interest expressed already no doubt.

I would imagine it will be advertised, as in we will approach Agents and welcome applications. Unless of course we know who we want and that we will get him

I don't think that the position of manager at the greatest club to ever play football needs to be advertised. There will be candidates who want it and are not good enough. There will be candidates who are good enough but too greedy to want it. The gentlemen in charge may tap a few shoulders, but one way or another, candidates who are good enough will make themselves known and a leader befitting of the tie will be found.

Advertising and appointing the best candidate is hopeless and resulted in Pedro! It also, in most occasions, limits you to managers who are out of work.

Agents won’t be slow in approaching us on behalf of clients, but we really should be identifying (internally) who we want then approaching them and or their current clubs.

They should involve Walter, maybe even Fergie, because they need to get this appointment right and take there time. no rush

Sorry but this situation is exactly why you have a D.O.F.

He should have a portfolio of suitable and available candidates for the Position of Rangers manager.

If we don't then might as well sack him as well

They should involve Walter, maybe even Fergie, because they need to get this appointment right and take there time. no rush

Walter anointed Ally as his successor; Ferguson picked Moyes.

Smith has already touted McInnes for the job anyway.

He should have a portfolio of suitable and available candidates for the Position of Rangers manager.

Exactly right, but the men who appointed Allan, are the same ones who appointed Pedro, I don't have a lot of confidence in his ,or their ability to get it right,

When Warburton worked his passage Stewart Robertson said the club had a database of potential managers. Hopefully that has been enhanced a wee bit by the new DoF.

Advertising and appointing the best candidate is hopeless and resulted in Pedro! It also, in most occasions, limits you to managers who are out of work.

Agents won’t be slow in approaching us on behalf of clients, but we really should be identifying (internally) who we want then approaching them and or their current clubs.
Going by reports then there was no advertising as Graham park had already chosen pedro as a family friend. Pardew spparently had his name in the hat, would you say Caixhina was the best candidate ?

Going by reports then there was no advertising as Graham park had already chosen pedro as a family friend. Pardew spparently had his name in the hat, would you say Caixhina was the best candidate ?

That’s rumours regarding Park (perhaps true, perhaps false). Nobody really knows.

At the time, we were told by the club that there were numerous applicants under consideration and it was whittled down to a shortlist of three.

Pedro got the job and the rest is history.

For years posters on here said we should advertise the post, interview the candidates and give it to (presumably) the best interviewee.

Well, that's what we did and look what happened.

Now, you can sit here and say that's because the interview panel does not have a clue what we need and that may be the case. But we are now in a situation where under no circumstances can we screw up this next appointment.

We need a safe pair of hands.

We need someone who can instantly command the respect of the players and be able to grind out results with them.

We need someone who's not going to talk shite in the media when we get a bad result.

Most of all we need someone to stop the rot and stop the many humiliations against pish poor clubs in Scotland and Europe that we have had to suffer in recent times.

Step forward the man whoever you will be ... and I confess to being unsure of who that man is. I can only hope we have someone at the club who knows who that should be.

Someone in the Walter Smith mould is required.

But don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we should ask the great man to come back, let him enjoy his retirement.

As long as the panel of halfwits who picked out Pedro don't get a say and its left to the DoF, the Club might, just might get it right this time.

As long as Park and Robertson are no where near it, then I’ll be happy.

Both are hopelessly equipped to select the correct calibre of Rangers manager.

As long as Park and Robertson are no where near it, then I’ll be happy.

Both are hopelessly equipped to select the correct calibre of Rangers manager.
why wouldn't they be near it? to not be would be an admission of failure.

why can't we do anything professionally anymore?

King will be taking the lead role this time.....two previous appointments were delegated to others.
I’m sure King and others will be involved but I’m certain the DoF will have the biggest say, he is the only one who is actively involved in the football side of things and will have to work closely with the new manager

why wouldn't they be near it? to not be would be an admission of failure.

why can't we do anything professionally anymore?

They’ve embarrassed themselves in the previous attempts.

King should have dismissed the pair of them today as well in my opinion.

It's not set in stone that the DoF hires the first team coach/manager and from his job description, it doesn't seem like that's part of Allen's remit.

I remember Robertson saying a while back that they were looking at the option of DoF with a first team coach but that appears to have been ditched, or has it?. Who knows with this board anymore.

Back