Professor Brian Howieson's book on the Rangers administration events

Read an article on this yesterday.
Apparently he's a Falkirk fan who decided to do a neutral take on things.
Might be worth a read but it's too early for me, maybe 30 years time when I'm in ma 70s.
This is what I feel as well, still too raw to read about it in depth.

Everyone with a grudge (sectarian, cultural, political, sporting) put the boot into Rangers.
However, Murray made us vulnerable and certain influential people then teed us up, and if we are to believe, The Inland Revenue were encouraged to use us as a test case against a huge tax avoidance scheme used around the nation and especially in the City of London.

Has anyone investigated or written about how after eviscerating Rangers with a totally exaggerated tax bill, how HMRC with lessons learned successfully recovered billions back into the economy from other bigger and more significant users of these schemes?

One thing we as a support and a community should retain from this experience, is that the hatred is still out there and we are very much still a target of it.

Never forgive and most of all, never forget!
Never ever!

Celtc paid Juninho £ 765,000 in an EBT, which they didn't declare to either the SFA or SPL. They weren't punished either for trying to hide the Juninho EBT from the football authorities.

Celtic’s exploitation of EBT’s were “investigated” by the SFA - and then cleared of any wrongdoing. Within 24 hours mind you. Could be the fastest “enquiry” conclusion in football history.

SFA chief at the time Stewart Regan, had no previous football connections, prior to Celtic CEO John Reid setting him up for the job. Apart from Regan’s alleged previous business partnership at Coors with Reids’ successor Peter Lawwell.

Everyone with a grudge (sectarian, cultural, political, sporting) put the boot into Rangers.
However, Murray made us vulnerable and certain influential people then teed us up, and if we are to believe, The Inland Revenue were encouraged to use us as a test case against a huge tax avoidance scheme used around the nation and especially in the City of London.

Has anyone investigated or written about how after eviscerating Rangers with a totally exaggerated tax bill, how HMRC with lessons learned successfully recovered billions back into the economy from other bigger and more significant users of these schemes?

One thing we as a support and a community should retain from this experience, is that the hatred is still out there and we are very much still a target of it.

Never forgive and most of all, never forget!
I agree will never forgive or forget.

Struggling to find the book anywhere online?
I can't find anywhere to buy it on the internet. Amazon and any others appear to have removed it from their catalogue.
What could cause this? It can't be sold out because it would just say out of stock. The other possibility is legal reasons. Maybe there is something in the content pertinent to the plethora of legal cases surrounding oldco, and retailers have been ordered to stop selling the book. However, you'd have to think the author would have been informed immediately if that were the case. Strange.

I can't find anywhere to buy it on the internet. Amazon and any others appear to have removed it from their catalogue.
What could cause this? It can't be sold out because it would just say out of stock. The other possibility is legal reasons. Maybe there is something in the content pertinent to the plethora of legal cases surrounding oldco, and retailers have been ordered to stop selling the book. However, you'd have to think the author would have been informed immediately if that were the case. Strange.
Yes was thinking the same. Or maybe just Timothy up to no good again!

They go quiet when you ask them if the club and the company are the same thing then Celtic must have been 2 different clubs as they have been operated by 2 different companies in their history.
Aye but that's different...... Apparently. They can't explain how though. Freaks.

It does seem strange.

Doesn't look like anyone from here has managed to buy a copy since December. Even stranger that the author has not been told yet that his book had been withdrawn. Seems he only heard about it yesterday when replying to a query on twitter.

And as you say there appears to be no trace of the book online anywhere apart from the original press releases when it was first published.

Amazing that this book disappeared from all major sellers just when it became well publicised.

Howieson said on twitter he was given no explanation why Amazon withdrew it from sale.

Amazing that this book disappeared from all major sellers just when it became well publicised.

Howieson said on twitter he was given no explanation why Amazon withdrew it from sale.
I’ve been trying to get a copy for a while and Amazon has certainly been bare for months.

Is there any other distribution direct from the publisher or author?

I’ve been trying to get a copy for a while and Amazon has certainly been bare for months.

Is there any other distribution direct from the publisher or author?

I asked the question on twitter and he replied to say he was going to check why Amazon were no longer stocking it.

That was the last I heard.

Murray used the club as a vehicle to prop his own businesses up. As much as his hubris and spending made the club successful on the park by making huge signings, as well as Walter of course, he also started his own downfall by believe his own hype.

The club had been threatening financial trouble as far back as 2005-6, teetering on the brink of administration and that very idea was mooted by Murray and his board but were thankfully talked out of it. He wasted so many millions of pound investment by ENIC and Dave King among others, and had nowhere else to turn. Come 2008 he was in trouble with the financial crash starting. Murray, in the end, was just as big a conman as the little scum prick he gave the club too, masqueraded as a genuine sale.

Murray can never be forgiven for his part, ever. He caused it, Whyte just made it worse.
His claim that he put £100m into the club really meant he put the £100m of the bank's money into the club. Meanwhile he made a good few million off of us.

Back