Programme - Rangers v Dundee Utd - 21 Dec 1991

We’ve won 16 games drawn 3 and lost 4 but managed to play the same as the rest in 24 games and had 37 points, think they missed one of our wins, hard enough to win a league but when you take points off yourself you have no chance :eek:

Quality of that United side is very decent - Main, Cleland, Bowman, McKinlay, Narey, Ferguson, McInally, Dailly.

You look at sides like that and realise the arse has completely fallen out of Scottish football.

You were only allowed to own one phone in 1991?
That was about the size of the mobile phone that the guy in front of me used to keeps tabs on his business on match days. He probably moved on to one of the lounges when hospitality took off.

Airdrie must have been a dirty team!
They were infamous for it in the early 90's. Players like Jimmy Sandison and Kenny Black. My Grandpa was a season ticket holder at Broomfield and he was very proud of the "thugs" moniker! :D

I don’t think the Arsenal friendly to mark the opening of the Club Deck took place. I can only find details of the ZDS cup loss in ‘89 and the ‘96 3-0 win.

Look at the size of the United away support!
Of course, less than four years after appearing in the UEFA Cup final so still well supported at the end of ‘91.

Glad we have the corner for away support now. I forgot the Club Deck only brought the capacity back up to 45k at the time.

Just spotted error that the league table doesn’t quite add up for us
We had 17 wins leading into this match not 16. 4 defeats by this point but only lost one more (and 3 draws) out of 20 matches the rest of the season.

The foundations for 92/93 were laid in the second half of the season.

Back