Progres Niederkorn v Rangers venue for away leg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangeral

Something has appeared on dates confirmation thread

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/rangers-v-progres-niedercorn-dates-confirmed.82209/

Rangers posted the venue as Stade Josy Barthel (National Stadium) in Luxembourg City same as 2017

However UEFA say different Stade Municipal de Differdange in Differdange which is the usual ground Progres play their European games at

Link below shows the layout of the ground for the Cork game last night - away fans just 350 tickets?

https://www.progres.lu/index.php/cork/

Mistake by us or UEFA?

I’d like to think that having played us in the National Stadium last time Progres will want to do the same again. Surely they aren’t going to throw money away? Unless the rent for the National Stadium takes away any prospective profit.

My money is on a UEFA mistake but......:(

Mistake by UEFA I think.

Would make literally no sense considering Stade Josy Barthel is available for the Thursday and playing anywhere else is just denying themselves money

I'd imagine given the crowd that we are likely to bring it would make sense to play at the National Stadium and there's not any potential fixture clashes given that only one other Luxembourg team have qualified and are away from home in the second leg. However, from memory they played Ufa in Differdange last year.

Progres have always played in Differdange for European games except for us in 2017

2 years there was issues over a pitch relay IRC hence why the Tuesday and not the Thursday

Unless there is financial issues as posted?

I don't think even our ticketing department would be idiotic enough to let fans register interest for the game while advertising it as being at the Stade Josy Barthel unless they knew for sure it was going to be held there.

It's most likely a mistake by some online intern at UEFA.

image.jpg

Well I registered and am number 686, so it better be the national stadium or a lot of low pointers will miss out.

Under UEFA rules you can't simply move a fixture for financial reasons. It has to be other things such as spectator safety or under Police advice. They played Cork at their home stadium last night did they not?

Under UEFA rules you can't simply move a fixture for financial reasons. It has to be other things such as spectator safety or under Police advice. They played Cork at their home stadium last night did they not?

They use Differdange as their own ground in Niederkorn isn't upto UEFA standard

That is where they have played all games except ours in 2017

Was over there the last time.

They have changed the system since then. Changed from Vienna trip onwards , I think. Pick up at Ibrox with exceptions for people who can't get make Ibrox to pick up at away venue.

They have changed the system since then. Changed from Vienna trip onwards , I think. Pick up at Ibrox with exceptions for people who can't get make Ibrox to pick up at away venue.
Yeah the SLO confirmed this before the trip to Gibraltar

Any idea what allocation we will get for progres? Capacity seems 8,000 so everybody who applies shall receive unless I am wrong!

Any idea what allocation we will get for progres? Capacity seems 8,000 so everybody who applies shall receive unless I am wrong!

Capacity isn’t 8,000 for Euro games, It’s down to around 5,000. Apparently we are getting around 1800 tickets, as of this morning, 1250 applications had been submitted for tickets. Everybody that wants one will get one.

Just seen on facebook that the KO time has been altered , any truth in this ? they are saying a 19h30 local time has been announced

Capacity isn’t 8,000 for Euro games, It’s down to around 5,000. Apparently we are getting around 1800 tickets, as of this morning, 1250 applications had been submitted for tickets. Everybody that wants one will get one.

Do the additional tickets get released over there or just handed back?

Do the additional tickets get released over there or just handed back?

If we get 1800 and 600 are unsold, Rangers would keep hold of them. It would defeat the purpose of the Travel Club if they then just dished out tickets to everybody and anybody.

We have a lot going over who are not in Travel Club. Any idea how many we took in total over there last time ?

Good. Villarreal was a joke for getting tickets from the pick up point. Queues for an hour and a half.

We have a lot going over who are not in Travel Club. Any idea how many we took in total over there last time ?

2,000 maybe? Everybody will get a ticket for this that wants one, everybody got one last time and it was our first game back in Europe for years, there was also longer to plan the trip.

You think two points will be enough then?

With no official Thomas Crook day trip and sport options not able to do one either think everybody will be fine with tickets.

Was hoping for a sport options day trip tbh!

What’s changed since 2017? Has the stadium been upgraded allowing for the increased capacity? I’m sure the capacity was around the 5,000 mark back then??

Don't think anything has changed the attendance in 2017 was given as 5534 so the just the amount people that attended

From memory Progres listed the stadium price zones as above in 2017

I think everybody in the TC will get one if the 1800 allocation is correct. There were only 1250 applications this morning and the deadline is on Wednesday.
What a boost that is,on zero Was hoping if we get a ticket that they send them out us our flight on the Thursday doesn’t arrive till 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back