Match Thread Progres Niederkorn - Willem II - 17:30

thenorthseabear

Make no mistake we will have our work cut out to get past the Dutch team . I think we may well see an early exit for the first time under Gerrard . Terrible luck of the draw for us .

They’re not a great team and we have beaten far better in the last 2 seasons.
They’re left back Nelom is utterly dreadful, I used to watch him regularly for Feyenoord and he can’t defend are all. He was at Hibs recently and couldn’t get a game for them.
Kent / Hagi / Roofe should be far too much for him.

nb89

Make no mistake we will have our work cut out to get past the Dutch team . I think we may well see an early exit for the first time under Gerrard . Terrible luck of the draw for us .
We’ve beat teams far better than Willem II. It would extremely disappointing if we got put out by team like them. We are far better side than them and need to show it next week.

CoopBlue

A very very stern test.

They can play and show zero panic in possession.

I’d say the earning the right to play football is where we should hopefully be stronger and gain control but clearly we are missing bodies in midfield.
Probably been covered before, but if we sign players between now and the game in Holland, are they eligible to play ??

I'm kind of assuming, yes??

Wugs

nelster

Dont want to piss on anyone's parade but all this can we beat Willem II talk os premature. We have a one off game to win tomorrow

We spotted Borna Barisic as a future star on the Osijek - Petrocub thread, while we were still trying to beat Shkupi 2 years ago.

brain

They’re an attacking team with good young players but they are soft touch and inexperienced and we should take care of them.

jnloyal

Willem look decent going forward but Progres are absolutely honking make no mistake about that. Willem were beaten 2 nil at Herenveen in their first league game at the weekend. I think their league form will be a better gauge.

Mearns Unionist mentioned two players (#7 and 21) to look out for before the game and they have been the best players on the park by some distance

Gramps1

Official Ticketer

Then we concentrate on the league
Motherwell and Hibs are bigger games.

Jjbscotty

We had won that first leg 2-0. Progres also look like they have lost some players.

I’m not saying don’t take Willem lightly - but the over reaction on here is embarrassing.
Im not overreacting at all I’m just saying their striker could cause us some problems.

Stuart_WATP

We've beaten far better than this side. They'll be far more worried about us than us of them.

We'll beat them.

change consent