Match Thread Progres Niederkorn - Willem II - 17:30

Chris01

Im not overreacting at all I’m just saying their striker could cause us some problems.
I wasn’t meaning you mate - but people saying we are basically out before a ball is kicked.

We tend to be good away from home - I can’t imagine Willem sitting back. Tough game but we should be ok.

Jjbscotty

I wasn’t meaning you mate - but people saying we are basically out before a ball is kicked.

We tend to be good away from home - I can’t imagine Willem sitting back. Tough game but we should be ok.
Yeah I’m confident we’ll get past them as well.

GOLEADOR

Only 4 players from Progres are playing tonight from when we played them last year, so it looks like they're a fair bit weaker.

Not taking anything away from Williem, winning 5-0 after an hour away from home vs anybody is a great result. However at the same time i'm not anymore worried than i was before todays game. Everybody knows the European ties suit our style of play. Its certainly not in any Dutch teams DNA to sit in and try to defend - that only benefits us. Progres could have scored tonight and they've barely been out their half.

Cutty/Young

Sitting watching it and Progres are absolutely rotten, of course the Dutch will look good against them, the little number 21 is a pretty good player and quite a lot goes through him,but again he's up against players who are rotten, he won't be getting the room he has with our defence.

Their first goal came from a deflection off a Progres player and fell nicely to one of the Dutch players, second goal to me looked miles offside, third goal came from a corner flicked on to an unmarked player. They will be a decent team with some good players, but we're also a good team and have more better players.

Will be a difficult game away from home and it will be how we play on the night which will determine if we go through. People getting their knickers in a twist because they are winning 5-0 and strolling it against a team who look no better than a Scottish championship team.

brain

They are similar to Midtjylland, plenty flair in the team to destroy wee teams but they lack the physicality and experience to beat us.

CoplandKeklord

Willem are a decent outfit and will test our back line. However, we've beaten better and I suspect Progres made them look a wee bit better than they really are tonight - clueless in defence, toothless up front and lacking in fitness.

Mearns Ranger

Official Ticketer
Willem look decent going forward but Progres are absolutely honking make no mistake about that. Willem were beaten 2 nil at Herenveen in their first league game at the weekend. I think their league form will be a better gauge.

Mearns Unionist mentioned two players (#7 and 21) to look out for before the game and they have been the best players on the park by some distance
It was me mate but yeah point stands. £450k they paid for the 21, who’s a Belgian U21 international.
Nunnely (7) was a free from Ajax youth.
Both will get bigger moves either in January or at the end of the season.

Mearns Ranger

Official Ticketer
Sitting watching it and Progres are absolutely rotten, of course the Dutch will look good against them, the little number 21 is a pretty good player and quite a lot goes through him,but again he's up against players who are rotten, he won't be getting the room he has with our defence.

Their first goal came from a deflection off a Progres player and fell nicely to one of the Dutch players, second goal to me looked miles offside, third goal came from a corner flicked on to an unmarked player. They will be a decent team with some good players, but we're also a good team and have more better players.

Will be a difficult game away from home and it will be how we play on the night which will determine if we go through. People getting their knickers in a twist because they are winning 5-0 and strolling it against a team who look no better than a Scottish championship team.
I highlighted 21 in December last year after watching him and the 7 pick Ajax apart on the counter and eating them 2-0.
Won’t matter who he’s up against. They beat all the top teams in Holland last year with these two instrumental.
I still think we should have enough, but it won’t be a canter.

Jaymuz7

Make no mistake we will have our work cut out to get past the Dutch team . I think we may well see an early exit for the first time under Gerrard . Terrible luck of the draw for us .
We’ve put out better teams than Willem under SG. Yes it will be difficult but we are usually very good away from home.

Coisty09

Official Ticketer
Sounds like it is going to be a tricky tie. Let’s hope we play well and get the breaks that will be needed in a difficult away match.

Garrioch Bear

I highlighted 21 in December last year after watching him and the 7 pick Ajax apart on the counter and eating them 2-0.
Won’t matter who he’s up against. They beat all the top teams in Holland last year with these two instrumental.
I still think we should have enough, but it won’t be a canter.
M R, would you like to be our Head of
Scouting, please.

Arkanoid

Seems they are an attractive attacking side, let's take care of this plastic pitch banana skin with a solid win, clean sheet and no further injuries. We were given a 50/50 chance at best against Nordsjaelland and Legia, I'd back our lads to do what's required. Any Willem fan watching us this season would be far more worried than we are about them

Ke55y

Braga were a slick neat tidy team like this mob who we absolutely destroyed away from home and should have won by 3/4 play like we can and I’m sure we will get through

DaveL

They look as though they move the ball very quick from middle to front.
Get through in Gib and this wont be easy.

the_joker8

Official Ticketer
Did as my one watch their game at the weekend? Against good opposition?

willem ll are a mid to bottom Dutch team , their defence and midfield are very Static When defending , 1/2 passes and Heerenveen were running right through them ... their full backs push far the high and they are easily picked off in the break

their right winger Numaly and Pavlidis are their best players ... the Greek striker looks very clinical in the box

vs. Heerenveen they had a lot of ball but couldn’t do lots with it , as said defensively they are poor , our wide players and Front hits will tear them to shreds

we will score minimum twice over there

change consent