Progres Niederkorn - Willem II - 17:30

gn27.png

Are they looking for Caixinha?

I highlighted 21 in December last year after watching him and the 7 pick Ajax apart on the counter and eating them 2-0.
Won’t matter who he’s up against. They beat all the top teams in Holland last year with these two instrumental.
I still think we should have enough, but it won’t be a canter.
M R, would you like to be our Head of
Scouting, please.

Seems they are an attractive attacking side, let's take care of this plastic pitch banana skin with a solid win, clean sheet and no further injuries. We were given a 50/50 chance at best against Nordsjaelland and Legia, I'd back our lads to do what's required. Any Willem fan watching us this season would be far more worried than we are about them

Braga were a slick neat tidy team like this mob who we absolutely destroyed away from home and should have won by 3/4 play like we can and I’m sure we will get through

Did as my one watch their game at the weekend? Against good opposition?

willem ll are a mid to bottom Dutch team , their defence and midfield are very Static When defending , 1/2 passes and Heerenveen were running right through them ... their full backs push far the high and they are easily picked off in the break

their right winger Numaly and Pavlidis are their best players ... the Greek striker looks very clinical in the box

vs. Heerenveen they had a lot of ball but couldn’t do lots with it , as said defensively they are poor , our wide players and Front hits will tear them to shreds

we will score minimum twice over there

they are not Porto or Braga

Just because we beat Porto and Braga doesn’t automatically mean we will beat any team deemed lower than them in rankings . That’s not how football works , I’m sure you know that . It will be a very tricky tie especially being a one off . They’ve beaten Ajax they are no mugs .

Make no mistake we will have our work cut out to get past the Dutch team . I think we may well see an early exit for the first time under Gerrard . Terrible luck of the draw for us .
I think we'll beat them and keep a clean sheet.

No Blue flag I said you sound like one, not are one.
anyway stay positive

I don’t so pipe down . It will be a tricky tie and the mindset of we beat Braga so ergo we can’t lose this game is extremely strange . People are allowed to look at things in an objective fashion without being labelled a mentally challenged ffs .

Bring it on very confident we can beat them as they won't park the bus , them coming at us is there downfall

Sorry Blue flag no offence intended, I was just trying to jolt you back on to a more positive outcome of the upcoming match in Holland.
I take my seat at Ibrox every time and want to see the Rangers score and win
and never say to the guy sitting next to me, it's a tricky tie and it could be an early exit for Gerrard as you stated.

mentally challenged slevering

Except I didn’t say an early exit for Gerrard , I said it could be his first early european exit since becoming our manager as he’s done brilliantly the last two seasons . So stop putting words into my mouth , and refrain from the personal abuse .

100% mate. Between this and people worried about pressure at Easter Road its laughable how weak minded some are.

Easter road will be a challenge but nothing harder than going to tiny castle, fir park or the sheep pen.

We might have an off day but fully expect us to walk away with 3 points on Sunday.

The away European leg will be tricky but I fully expect a Rangers win.

I dont see Willem any tougher a tie than the Poles this time last year.

It's obviously a hard game. We were a seed team too.

No reason to panic. We'll find out next week who are better.

If we are to regard ourselves as a team that can compete in europe, and I mean in Europa League terms here, we should routinely be beating teams like Willem II.

They are mid-lower regulars in the Eredivisie. They may get the odd result against the Dutch big boys however the lower table Scottish fodder teams do the same to us and that other lot across the city.

Our results in Europe over the last 2 years should give us confidence. Not saying we WILL beat them, but that we can compete and CAN beat them as long as we are on form.

Except I didn’t say an early exit for Gerrard , I said it could be his first early european exit since becoming our manager as he’s done brilliantly the last two seasons . So stop putting words into my mouth , and refrain from the personal abuse .
You sure you’ve been misquoted?
Either way, Willem have done nothing for us to fear or cause us not be confident.
We’ve beaten better.
So, why the lack of confidence, why the negativity?
I get we might not win but I don’t get why some my “think” it might happen.

You sure you’ve been misquoted?
Either way, Willem have done nothing for us to fear or cause us not be confident.
We’ve beaten better.
So, why the lack of confidence, why the negativity?
I get we might not win but I don’t get why some my “think” it might happen.

I don’t see it that way . Gerrard has been superb for us in Europe with a record None of us could have thought realistic when he took charge . However even our greatest managers had hiccups in Europe , and in a one off game especially , I feel the Dutch game could well be a banana skin . They are a very decent side . Thats my main point , I don’t think it’s an overly controversial one .

I don’t see it that way . Gerrard has been superb for us in Europe with a record None of us could have thought realistic when he took charge . However even our greatest managers had hiccups in Europe , and in a one off game especially , I feel the Dutch game could well be a banana skin . They are a very decent side . Thats my main point , I don’t think it’s an overly controversial one .
I only go on the black and whites.
The only negative I see is that it’s a one off, away game.
Nothing else points to a Willem victory.
Looking at it from a Willem point of view, they might see it the same as you and think this or feel that.
Bottom line for me is that there is nothing in the black and white of it that suggests them to be favourites.

The way the Dutch will play suits us perfectly. Unlike 90% of the Turgid shite we face here week in week out.

We're perfectly set up for Europe.

Bring it on very confident we can beat them as they won't park the bus , them coming at us is there downfall
I think people are misunderstanding this a little. Willem II are very capable on the counter.
I watched them pick Ajax apart on the counter in the Amsterdam Arena last year.
They were happy to sit in and counter when appropriate. If they do that against us they’ll cause us problems because they have the players to do so.
I still think we should have enough to beat them, and comfortably if on form, but they have players way above our average SPFL standard and should be respected as such.

Back