Progres - Travel club day trip?

Serious question.

There’s corporate bears permitted to pay to go on the official team flight.

Is that cost viewed as ‘excessive’ ?

Folk don’t pay £20 or even £50 a year for the travel club to email them saying ‘sorry no flight its too dear’

Do you need to pay for corporate hospitality at Ibrox to ‘be allowed’ to pay for a flight ?

We didnt pay £20 to have you act as our bank manager.

We paid £20 for you to provisionally arrange a flight and tell us the cost.

If folk pay it, the flight goes ahead.

Mugs.

Exactly mate get a price and I would be astonished if our support never filled the first European away day trip of course it would especially when it’s not far away.

I really think people need to be realistic , it was always going to be unlikely they’d be running day trips

Thomas Cook ain’t exactly is great financial health at the moment , I doubt they are going to waste time booking a flight which no doubt would then be cancelled when folk ain’t going to pay £500+ to go Luxembourg (especially when people were there 2 year ago

People are also getting confused , the TC membership fee is for the administration of the scheme ,giving the right to apply for away euro tickets tickets , not as a guarantee on flights

lets not forget ALL away game tickets cost Rangers Fc money to administer , it’s a loss making exercise for the club , so away European tickets , the £20 is nowhere near going to cover the time & resources that this extra facility takes up

Your assertion that demand would in some way be affected by country isnt relevant. Do the admin, propose the trip, give 48 hours to pay or its cancelled. Theres 5000 members and a great number are happy to pay to only need 1 day out their lives to go support the club.

5000 members at 20 quid is 100,000 pounds , that is plenty enough man hours paid for.

If the email said ‘we cant get a plane’ its not Rangers problem

For Rangers to say, we can kinda get a plane but its too dear so not bothering, is a problem.

How many tickets r we meant to be getting?Thats two off us booked(1 off us on 1point ,me on zero:-( )

How many tickets r we meant to be getting?Thats two off us booked(1 off us on 1point ,me on zero:-( )

Everyone who applies will get, same as last time.

Can’t remember the number last time but less will go now, back then was our first Euro away in 5 years plus the short turnaround this time.

Hope so got one for Gibraltar,but couldn’t get time off work when it got changed to the Tuesday!

Right I registered for our 3 tickets and have sent my itinerary with attachments to the Travel Club already.
All done and dusted and hopefully pick up tickets next Thursday.
On 5 , 3 and 2 points respectively so should be good for tickets.

Your assertion that demand would in some way be affected by country isnt relevant. Do the admin, propose the trip, give 48 hours to pay or its cancelled. Theres 5000 members and a great number are happy to pay to only need 1 day out their lives to go support the club.

5000 members at 20 quid is 100,000 pounds , that is plenty enough man hours paid for.

If the email said ‘we cant get a plane’ its not Rangers problem

For Rangers to say, we can kinda get a plane but its too dear so not bothering, is a problem.
I get your upset, you want to go to the game and a one day trip suits you , it’s a tricky situation (& I’ve went with TC day trips myself in the past / have went indie so can see pros & cons of both
however you are arguing about the obvious mathematics / finances involved of running a flight at this time of year (as well as in my opinion overestimating the popularity of these early qualifying group games amongst the Travel club membership , the vast majority of which a) aren’t interested in going to Luxembourg , they are only in travel club in case we get a more intersting / glamour away game / and also when it’s not during the summer they have family holidays / kids off school

& b) the majority of the TC members who go every game would’ve already booked for Luxembourg / have no intention of going on a £500 day trip, especially to a place we were at two years ago (as well having nearly two weeks to sort alternative / cheaper route (or even go by bus)

It’s a no win situation for rangers / Thomas Cook , they announce a flight for £500, people then pile on saying the fans are being ripped off / it’s only for the fat cats (when comparing it with the bargain £60 flights some people have got for Luxembourg with Ryanair , the flight doesn’t sell & then rangers have to backtrack / embarrassment all round, leaving those little time to book alternative arrangements if they still want to go, at least by announcing now , folk have got some time to plan what they want to do

(& bear In mind this is before the draw on Monday , when depending on the opposition even less people may be inclined to pay the money to go to Luxembourg on day trip when for example they can save their days & money for a trip to Rome (Torino), Barcelona (espanyol) etc etc

Organising flights / tickets at these early round games within short time periods, it’s a very tricky balancing act that is never going to suit everyone

Last edited:
Very reasoned @luckywhitefeather

I concur on the Round 3 draw
I get the frustration, people want to go to the games & a day trip can be very handy / big saver on the holidays from work front, especially if hoping to do a few trips each season,

plus certain destinations , a day trip is more than enough time in some of the places , initially you’d think 5hrs of leisure time before the game, that’s not very much but it can actually seem kind of a long time to kill when the town has nothing to offer / not much in way of tourist activities (Villarreal being a prime example)!!!

I get your upset, you want to go to the game and a one day trip suits you , it’s a tricky situation (& I’ve went with TC day trips myself in the past / have went indie so can see pros & cons of both
however you are arguing about the obvious mathematics / finances involved of running a flight at this time of year (as well as in my opinion overestimating the popularity of these early qualifying group games amongst the Travel club membership , the vast majority of which a) aren’t interested in going to Luxembourg , they are only in travel club in case we get a more intersting / glamour away game / and also when it’s not during the summer they have family holidays / kids off school

& b) the majority of the TC members who go every game would’ve already booked for Luxembourg / have no intention of going on a £500 day trip, especially to a place we were at two years ago (as well having nearly two weeks to sort alternative / cheaper route (or even go by bus)

It’s a no win situation for rangers / Thomas Cook , they announce a flight for £500, people then pile on saying the fans are being ripped off / it’s only for the fat cats (when comparing it with the bargain £60 flights some people have got for Luxembourg with Ryanair , the flight doesn’t sell & then rangers have to backtrack / embarrassment all round, leaving those little time to book alternative arrangements if they still want to go, at least by announcing now , folk have got some time to plan what they want to do

(& bear In mind this is before the draw on Monday , when depending on the opposition even less people may be inclined to pay the money to go to Luxembourg on day trip when for example they can save their days & money for a trip to Rome (Torino), Barcelona (espanyol) etc etc

Organising flights / tickets at these early round games within short time periods, it’s a very tricky balancing act that is never going to suit everyone
Good post but not sure Torino play in Rome.

How the fukk can we have entered in to an agreement with Thomas Cook as our travel partner, without them being contractually obliged to provide a fukking plane.!!!!

This agreement should be terminated immediately.

Back