Protective clothing help please

JamesDado77

Hi everyone
Mark has given me permission to post this

I work in Kilbryde Hospice, and starting in a few weeks we are going to be helping Hairmyres and taking in Covid 19 patients,

The Hospice needs the proper protective clothing to help us stay safe during this, what is required is listed in the photo below,
If you can help in any way please contact the email on the photo.

Thank you

Hi everyone

I work in Kilbryde Hospice, and starting in a few weeks we are going to be helping Hairmyres and taking in Covid 19 patients,

The Hospice needs the proper protective clothing to help us stay safe during this, what is required is listed in the photo below,

Thank you

NHS helpline now set up for staff needing PPE... they will supply you.

Health Secretary just said 7.5 million bits of PPE just distributed and mentioned a Helpline number for those seeking additional PPE. Hope you get some joy from this thread but that Helpline looks to be the optimum way to go.

Surely if your starting in a couple of weeks, all equipment will be in place before the 1st patient arrives.
Get onto the Helpline now and it will be delivered you are now front line NHS.

Best of luck mate but the general public or normal punter won't have access to any of that stuff. I know you're hoping someone has obviously. Again good luck.

In England (don’t know why the same shouldn’t apply in Scotland) they have announced that any med staff without the proper kit can just phone to get it. The military are handling distribution.

So sad. Hope you get something.

I don't understand why you wouldn't get those items from NHS. Do they expect you to source it yourselves?

Unsure you if you could contact Lyreco as they do masks and hand sanitizer etc and they may send you some?

Theres a shortage in the NHS aswell,
We are putting it out on social media because people in the building trade etc might have some of the stuff we are looking for,

I know we are in contact with NHS, but I know its limited and that NHS hospitals will probably get it before us, so we are just trying to source as much as possible from where ever we can get it.

NHS contacted the construction sector today looking for any masks they have in stock. I believe even the Queen Elizabeth was struggling.
Frightening that were hardly into this and were short already.

This is why the construction sector should be shut down as protective gear being used on sites should be sent to hospitals and organizations like yours.
I am praying that someone from the construction sector will read this and be able to assist.

This is why the construction sector should be shut down as protective gear being used on sites should be sent to hospitals and organizations like yours.
I am praying that someone from the construction sector will read this and be able to assist.

So am I mate

No harm in directly approaching the various distilleries in Scotland that are now making hand sanitiser. Brewdog started making it last week and have started sending it out to hospitals and charities. I know one of the companies in the care sector I work with have approached them to get some.

My daughter, a nurse in the QEU hospital, contracted me yesterday to see if I could get hold of any goggles or visors for her as all the online places such as Screwfix are out of stock, so obviously the NHS supplies aren't making it through yet.

We have plenty available at our place, bit even if I could "acquire" some, there's no way I could pass them on.

I'm in a semiconductor fab, which is still open, for the record. Lot of stuff there that could be useful for NHS workers if released.

No harm in directly approaching the various distilleries in Scotland that are now making hand sanitiser. Brewdog started making it last week and have started sending it out to hospitals and charities. I know one of the companies in the care sector I work with have approached them to get some.
Thank you, Il look in to that.

Hopefully, companies that can help, stop normal production and turn to produce these necessities like in wartime. I know I would give such companies my custom in future sales over others who look to make a quick buck. Charge cost by all means but saving lives is more important than profits.

The government should start producing a list of said companies who have turned to help over profits.

“Should anyone wish to enquire about the availability of sanitiser for their place of work, we are urging all correspondence to be directed to the following email address: sanitiser@glasgowdistillery.com. Please include more information about the services you provide and the quantity required and the distillery will try their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.“

Hi everyone

Thank you

Mate....get in touch with your local council. They will probably be on national frameworks for the procurement of this commodity.

Back