Provan: Gerrard will be gone in the blink of an eye when he gets a decent offer

They are desperate now to prevent the "56", that any managerial job that becomes available, the Scottish press are going to link Stevie G to.

He wrote that with a ten-colour biro, changing the colour after each letter and dotting each i with a frowning emoji.

Its funny, Gerrard stopping 10 in a row won't be noticed outside of Merseyside but when Celtic plays well for 3 games against bottom 6 clubs he should be getting interest from the EPL top 4 and he has a valuation of £40m.

SOME silly people got excited over the remarks of Steven Gerrard last weekend.

Hours after Brendan Rodgers emphatically distanced himself from the Newcastle job, the Rangers boss was offered the same opportunity. Gerrard had the savvy to leave his options open.

Cue the outrage in Govan, where his loyalty was questioned. The hard of thinking demanded he ruled out a defection to England’s north east.

Days after Newcastle became the richest football club on the planet, why would he?

I get how difficult the Newcastle gig will be initially. The Toon Army have always suffered from big- club syndrome. But while big clubs win trophies, the Toon last lifted domestic silverware some 66 YEARS ago.

The takeover by Saudi Arabia’s sovereign wealth fund is a game-changer. In terms of wealth it makes Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and both Manchester clubs resemble League Two outfits.

Who in their right mind would turn down the Saudis if offered the job? Worst case scenario is the sack after a few months, and a shedload of compensation.

I don’t know Gerrard, but he strikes me as one who wouldn’t blink at the challenge.

Would it be any more intimidating than the Rangers job he inherited?

If he had the balls to take on Rodgers’ ten-in-a-row juggernaut I don’t see him running from the Newcastle job.

For what it’s worth I can’t see Gerrard’s name on the Magpies’ shortlist. Outside of Merseyside I doubt his success in stopping The Ten has been noticed.

Newcastle will target someone who’s proved himself at the highest levels. Unfortunately, our Premiership doesn’t come into that category.

I’m guessing Gerrard sees himself back in England before long.

Having spiked Celtic’s historic title he’ll never be short of a drink in one half of Glasgow. But he’s already hitting his head off the glass ceiling.

Put it this way, how much of a kick do you reckon he got from beating a club lying sixth in the Danish League on Thursday?

Is that going to quicken the pulse of a guy who mixed it at the highest level for club and country? No chance.

Recent remarks from the Liverpool icon have been telling. In particular his deliberate calling out of the Ibrox board for failing to spend in the last two windows.

He doubled down by insisting Gers have to spend big money if they are to get to the next level.

Problem is, there is no next level for Rangers.

Ironically, their most damaging result of the season did Gerrard a favour. When Rangers folded against a ten-man Malmo outfit it was a disastrous result for a board who anticipated a £35million Champions League jackpot. I’d argue it was a good outcome for Gerrard.

He’ll have noticed Malmo are three games into their Champions League section and haven’t scored a goal, far less earned a point.

Like Celtic under Rodgers, Rangers would have been in over their heads against Europe’s elite. Potential suitors down south wouldn’t have been impressed by regular Champions League beatings.

Gerrard’s reputation is safer in the more sedate waters of the Europa League. It’s fair to say he’s following in Rodgers’ footsteps. Champions of Scotland but cannon fodder in Europe.

When Rodgers realised Celtic lacked the aspiration to compete in the Champions League, he made the wise decision to get out.

Anyone who doubts his judgement should have been at the King Power Stadium last Saturday watching Leicester dismember Manchester United.

Rodgers is back where he belongs, at the sharp end, and you can bet Gerrard wants to join him.

But while Rodgers’ coaching record down south smoothed his move to Leicester, Gerrard has no previous in the EPL.

Liverpool? He’d be the obvious favourite when Jurgen Klopp goes, but what if the German sees out a contract that runs until 2024?

Gerrard can’t afford to sit here in Scotland waiting on the call.

More likely he’ll follow the route of buddy Frank Lampard by taking on another club in England.

That his name was mentioned for the Newcastle job is a compliment to him.

Like Rodgers he’s sprinkled some stardust over the Scottish game. And like Rodgers, he’ll be gone in the blink of an eye when he gets a decent offer.
Going by his past predictions this will mean that Gerrard is here for 75

Put it this way, how much of a kick do you reckon he got from beating a club lying sixth in the Danish League on Thursday?

How arrogant and dismissive are the media here? Our League and national team are miles behind the world and yet Provan is looking down on the Danish league, a league that is helping produce a national team that is coasting World Cup qualification and has some very good talent in their team.
He’s quite clearly not well

I often find that these kind of reports are not factual, theyre actually what the writer wants. Gerrards here for 56

"Cannon fodder in Europe"

A team that has reached the last 16 in the last 2 seasons starting from scratch.

We have been a match for absolutely everyone we have played.

%^*& off Davie.
Yeah, that was the bit that annoyed me. Can't realistically expect us to be beating the likes of Bayern Munich etc in the UCL since there's a huge disparity in financial power. We've done extremely well relatively competing in Europa League

This dribbling stroke-faced alkie wank has had an article saying this pretty much every couple of months since Gerrard took over. It's his go-to when he's too pished to think of anything else to write about. Of course he'll go eventually and this banger will say I told you so, even though he's in his fucking 4th season. Embarrassing.

It is the same every week.
They hate that we have a respected global icon in charge and their team has fat sweating Aussie no mark as boss.
They know SG enhances our global brand and the longer he stays, the more it continues!!!

Any league in the world would be bigging up world football legend and icon Steven Gerrard being a manager of a club. The extra global interest and extra money that would bring in to any league would be exploited and utilised and celebrated ... However in Scotland at present we have a culture of bigoted sectarian and racist hatred, generally directed against one team... Rather than applaud and try to lift our game, hate seems to be the default position....

Provan talks the biggest load of shit ever, this is the guy who slaughtered us for not allowing fat Mike to control us.

Also he mentions who in their right mind would turn down the Saudis? No top manager or player in their right mind is going there just now, so that sentence is horse shit, are Guardiola, Klopp, Ancelloti, Mbappe, Messi, Salah etc all going to be tempted by Saudi money? Of course they feckin aren’t.

Back to bed Provo.

SOME silly people got excited over the remarks of Steven Gerrard last weekend.

Hours after Brendan Rodgers emphatically distanced himself from the Newcastle job, the Rangers boss was offered the same opportunity. Gerrard had the savvy to leave his options open.

Cue the outrage in Govan, where his loyalty was questioned. The hard of thinking demanded he ruled out a defection to England’s north east.

Days after Newcastle became the richest football club on the planet, why would he?

I get how difficult the Newcastle gig will be initially. The Toon Army have always suffered from big- club syndrome. But while big clubs win trophies, the Toon last lifted domestic silverware some 66 YEARS ago.

The takeover by Saudi Arabia’s sovereign wealth fund is a game-changer. In terms of wealth it makes Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and both Manchester clubs resemble League Two outfits.

Who in their right mind would turn down the Saudis if offered the job? Worst case scenario is the sack after a few months, and a shedload of compensation.

I don’t know Gerrard, but he strikes me as one who wouldn’t blink at the challenge.

Would it be any more intimidating than the Rangers job he inherited?

If he had the balls to take on Rodgers’ ten-in-a-row juggernaut I don’t see him running from the Newcastle job.

For what it’s worth I can’t see Gerrard’s name on the Magpies’ shortlist. Outside of Merseyside I doubt his success in stopping The Ten has been noticed.

Newcastle will target someone who’s proved himself at the highest levels. Unfortunately, our Premiership doesn’t come into that category.

I’m guessing Gerrard sees himself back in England before long.

Having spiked Celtic’s historic title he’ll never be short of a drink in one half of Glasgow. But he’s already hitting his head off the glass ceiling.

Is that going to quicken the pulse of a guy who mixed it at the highest level for club and country? No chance.

Recent remarks from the Liverpool icon have been telling. In particular his deliberate calling out of the Ibrox board for failing to spend in the last two windows.

He doubled down by insisting Gers have to spend big money if they are to get to the next level.

Problem is, there is no next level for Rangers.

Ironically, their most damaging result of the season did Gerrard a favour. When Rangers folded against a ten-man Malmo outfit it was a disastrous result for a board who anticipated a £35million Champions League jackpot. I’d argue it was a good outcome for Gerrard.

He’ll have noticed Malmo are three games into their Champions League section and haven’t scored a goal, far less earned a point.

Like Celtic under Rodgers, Rangers would have been in over their heads against Europe’s elite. Potential suitors down south wouldn’t have been impressed by regular Champions League beatings.

Gerrard’s reputation is safer in the more sedate waters of the Europa League. It’s fair to say he’s following in Rodgers’ footsteps. Champions of Scotland but cannon fodder in Europe.

When Rodgers realised Celtic lacked the aspiration to compete in the Champions League, he made the wise decision to get out.

Anyone who doubts his judgement should have been at the King Power Stadium last Saturday watching Leicester dismember Manchester United.

Rodgers is back where he belongs, at the sharp end, and you can bet Gerrard wants to join him.

But while Rodgers’ coaching record down south smoothed his move to Leicester, Gerrard has no previous in the EPL.

Liverpool? He’d be the obvious favourite when Jurgen Klopp goes, but what if the German sees out a contract that runs until 2024?

Gerrard can’t afford to sit here in Scotland waiting on the call.

More likely he’ll follow the route of buddy Frank Lampard by taking on another club in England.

That his name was mentioned for the Newcastle job is a compliment to him.

Like Rodgers he’s sprinkled some stardust over the Scottish game. And like Rodgers, he’ll be gone in the blink of an eye when he gets a decent offer.
So where are Brondby in the grand scheme of things in relation to Ferencvaros?

A win over Brondby? meh.
But a win over Ferencvaros in the same competition is a worthy win?

Any league in the world would be bigging up world football legend and icon Steven Gerrard being a manager of a club. The extra global interest and extra money that would bring in to any league would be exploited and utilised and celebrated ... However in Scotland at present we have a culture of bigoted sectarian and racist hatred, generally directed against one team... Rather than applaud and try to lift our game, hate seems to be the default position....
Compare MLS with Beckham or Dundee signing the likes of Ravanelli and Cannigia to Gerrard at Rangers.

A global footballing icon, yet we have the majority of clubs and fans happy to suck cinch off for pennies because "fùck sevco".

And they have the cheek to accuse us of being bigots.

“For what it’s worth I can’t see Gerrard’s name on the Magpies’ shortlist. Outside of Merseyside I doubt his success in stopping The Ten has been noticed.”

Bit pointless getting a 1500 worder out of it then eh Davie ya hopeless boring cun.t
He didn't stop the 10, he won the 55th. Provan the prick.

“For what it’s worth I can’t see Gerrard’s name on the Magpies’ shortlist. Outside of Merseyside I doubt his success in stopping The Ten has been noticed.”

Bit pointless getting a 1500 worder out of it then eh Davie ya hopeless boring cun.t
Stopped reading it after that,sorry to offend anyone but who buys this shite, with so called pundits like this demented twat!

He’s been choking for Gerrard to leave Rangers since 2018.
You would think that the appointment of a recently retired world class iconic footballer would be welcomed by the whole of Scottish football given it raises the profile of the SPL worldwide instead there appears at times to be a desperation in the Scottish media to drive him back to England

Douglas Alexander beating the same drum in the Sunday Times for if memory serves the THIRD time this season.
Cock

There is no such thing as the ten. It's only ever been a pipedream. Some scum fans talk as if it is reality.

What ‘ outrage ‘ is this turncoat prick talking about. The only ‘ outrage in Govan ‘ is usually reserved for the inhabitants of The Tall Cranes.

Everyone in football in England has know that Paulo Fonseca has been Newcastle’s favoured candidate since the takeover. All the rest was paper talk from journalists for a headline. Even although he has not yet taken up the post he has been advising Newcastle’s officials on his preferred signings, nearly all Portuguese, should he be confirmed in the job.

Proven is an utter prick of a man. Thinks he's intelligent but he's just another in a long list of inner bred rangers hating fcukwits that really doesn't deserve the air time he is afforded.

Back