Provan in The Sun: vote was a stitch up + Hearts should take legal action

Snakehips

When discussing the restart of the Bundesliga, Provan mentions “The stitch-up vote that allowed Hampden to call season 2019/20”.

Also comments on Hearts:- “AS always, it’ll come down to money. But if Hearts have the cash to contest their relegation through legal action, they must do it. Having been sunk by skint clubs who desperately needed prize money, the Jambos shouldn’t roll over now. Who in their right mind believes a club should be relegated just four points adrift with eight games left? In France, Amiens are taking court action against the French Football Federation after being relegated with ten games remaining. Chairman Bernard Joannin says: “This decision is unjust, incoherent and unfounded.” Could any of the SPFL outfits who knifed Hearts argue with that?”

Just come out and say it Davie, be a brave boy. We can tell you are desperate to say what you really think happened, that it was all a sham. The lies, coercion, bullying, bribery which occurred before, during and after the vote. WHY was there a stitch up? Who was driving it? Who stands to benefit from a voting stitch up? Why were the SPFL desperately campaigning against a free, open independent investigation if they had nothing to hide?

It’s like a dirty secret that every journo knows, and every club director, is too afraid to come out and say it directly, for fear of recrimination and abuse. You can bet Tom English, Ewan Murray, and even Davie Provan have typed out the words Celtic and Lawwell in their recent articles, then thought twice and quickly hit the delete button.

C’mon Davie, are you a man or a mouse?

When discussing the restart of the Bundesliga, Provan mentions “The stitch-up vote that allowed Hampden to call season 2019/20”.

Also comments on Hearts:- “AS always, it’ll come down to money. But if Hearts have the cash to contest their relegation through legal action, they must do it. Having been sunk by skint clubs who desperately needed prize money, the Jambos shouldn’t roll over now. Who in their right mind believes a club should be relegated just four points adrift with eight games left? In France, Amiens are taking court action against the French Football Federation after being relegated with ten games remaining. Chairman Bernard Joannin says: “This decision is unjust, incoherent and unfounded.” Could any of the SPFL outfits who knifed Hearts argue with that?”

Just come out and say it Davie, be a brave boy. We can tell you are desperate to say what you really think happened, that it was all a sham. The lies, coercion, bullying, bribery which occurred before, during and after the vote. WHY was there a stitch up? Who was driving it? Who stands to benefit from a voting stitch up? Why were the SPFL desperately campaigning against a free, open independent investigation if they had nothing to hide?

It’s like a dirty secret that every journo knows, and every club director, is too afraid to come out and say it directly, for fear of recrimination and abuse. You can bet Tom English, Ewan Murray, and even Davie Provan have typed out the words Celtic and Lawwell in their recent articles, then thought twice and quickly hit the delete button.

Do you have absolute proof of this or would you take a gamble when peters lawyers come calling.

Everybody knows it, but up to now, no one can proof it in a court of law or anywhere else for that matter.

Davie Provan says what he feels every Sunday and doesn’t care whether it’s us or them or Scotland.

He was the same when he was on Clyde phone in.

I personally don’t have a problem with his column as he has a dig at most clubs over the piece.

Whether I agree with him or not is another thing altogether.

He’s entitled to his opinion and in Scotland he’s better than most of them in the sense that he at least has a go at them when others fear to tread.

He could easily word it as:

“Rangers fans, amongst some others, believe this all to be the work of a certain powerbroker from the East End of Glasgow and his friends in the SPFL, for perhaps sporting or financial gain, even if this has not been backed up by definitive proof as of yet. Or never will be”.

That absolves him personally from any allegation. It places any allegation on us. It would also be 100% factual, as Rangers and other fans most certainly do believe this to be the work of Lawwell and his cronies.

I think he’s made a decent point re Hearts but that’s all it is.

It’s down to them to fight their own battle but it’s also down to them that they are in the position they are in.

He could easily word it as:

“Rangers fans, amongst some others, believe this all to be the work of a certain powerbroker from the East End of Glasgow and his friends in the SPFL, for perhaps sporting or financial gain, even if this has not been backed up by definitive proof as of yet. Or never will be”.

That absolves him personally from any allegation. It places any allegation on us. It would also be 100% factual, as Rangers and other fans most certainly do believe this to be the work of Lawwell and his cronies.
Your right what you are saying but it’s Hearts who have to fight for themselves.

He has wrote what he thinks which is his job.

The people who run Hearts haven’t done their job properly and where willing to accept reconstruction to save themselves.

Hell mend them I say.

Davie Provan says what he feels every Sunday and doesn’t care whether it’s us or them or Scotland.

I personally don’t have a problem with his column as he has a dig at most clubs over the piece.

He’s entitled to his opinion and in Scotland he’s better than most of them in the sense that he at least has a go at them when others fear to tread.

Absolute bullshit!

Provo has a go at us every single week.

Out of all the usual suspects, Provan is probably one of the better ones. He has had regular digs at Lawwell over the years for being more concerned with the bank balance than paying top dollar for established players for them. I’m sure he has had plenty of digs at Brown and Griffiths as well, so I don’t think he is welcomed there either. He is no Andy Walker, Leckie, Stewart, Sutton, thankfully, and his match commentary has generally been fair most of the time to my recollection.

Don’t get me wrong, a lot of what he has said over the years is flip flopping sensationalist, tabloid headline nonsense, and he has not been slow to have many an unfair dig at us, but I have probably agreed with a fair number of his points on certain issues over the years. Reminds me a bit of Gerry McNee’s column from the old NOTW, in that one week you were calling him a biased c@nt, then in the next week‘s column thinking he is bang on the money.

as for Hearts, Harrogate BN rightly pointed out in another thread that the lower league clubs are not going to vote themselves into what is technically a lower league. Plus, Hearts ain’t gonna get a high majority vote from the PL clubs. It is highly doubtful reconstruction would get voted through, not without some serious financial cushions and dodgy dealings. Hearts may very well be giving reconstruction one last shot as we speak, but going legal seems to be their only realistic option, and by all accounts, they have a very strong case.

Absolute bullshit!

Provo has a go at us every single week.
I don’t write bullshit nor do I post it as I’m talking to fellow Rangers supporters.

Ive had over 700 posts since I joined less than a year ago.

That’s because I enjoy reading and writing about the team we all love.

If you don’t agree with what I’m saying that’s fine your entitled to your opinion like everyone else.

I hope his father can forgive him.

This is not about whether Provan, as a columnist, is a good guy or a wank. Going by responses it is probably a mixed bag. In his particular case, it is not relevant at all that he played for them.

Point is, are any fair minded journalists going to call out, or at least mention, what everybody suspects?

Do you have absolute proof of this or would you take a gamble when peters lawyers come calling.

Everybody knows it, but up to now, no one can proof it in a court of law or anywhere else for that matter.

Do you really need to prove it though?? You could strongly hint at it and then simply put something along the lines of Sun Sport understands ... that seems to cover almost everything these days.

The silence from the bheasts in this whole affair was only dwarfed by the silence from the media about their silence. It was easy to join the dots and ask the question but no tabloid journalist even bothered.

I don’t write bullshit nor do I post it as I’m talking to fellow Rangers supporters.

Ive had over 700 posts since I joined less than a year ago.

That’s because I enjoy reading and writing about the team we all love.

If you don’t agree with what I’m saying that’s fine your entitled to your opinion like everyone else.

Davie peace process has always had an agenda against us since he sold his soul to the mentally challengeds so I'll take anything he says with a pinch of salt.

I don’t get why people have to see the exact words they’d use to be able to say it’s a fair article. It won’t make his previous opinion or next opinion any better or worse. You’re not going to get somebody to end their articles with NS or call them ***s by posting “wanker” about every columnist on every newspaper thread.

It's not a dirty secret, cause everyone knows.
I honestly think English would blow the gaffe if... he could get others of note... to corroborate it!

Hopefully hearts go down the swanny , for want of a better description... we don’t have any friends or allies in this tin pot disaster of a country... We are on our own regardless... bring it on you shower of cùnts .. touché

It is a complete farce, Hearts could have survived with eight games still to play, too many clubs who forgot all about integrity just thought about their own self interests.

Every club. We done the same, if you're honest.
It's a farce its allowed to be completed at this stage, it should be extended. Lockdown is being lifted in a few weeks, play 3 games a week.

When “”peace process” provan talks more sense than our barry, then questions have to be asked, about the state of this cluster %^*& we call a game!
The whole of Scottish football is corrupt to its core and it’s driving people away from it. There will be fewer and fewer people (fans) at games from now on. The small clubs die hards will still go, but the these clubs will notice a marked difference.
Hell mend them. They are nothing but cowards.

Last edited:
I think he’s made a decent point re Hearts but that’s all it is.

It’s down to them to fight their own battle but it’s also down to them that they are in the position they are in.
is it a fair fight but, when all scottish media lapdogs are failling over themselves to set the narrative and no one is standing up for fairness for the bottom teams .

Your right what you are saying but it’s Hearts who have to fight for themselves.

The people who run Hearts haven’t done their job properly and where willing to accept reconstruction to save themselves.

Hell mend them I say.

I can see Budge hitching her knickers to the reconstruction wagon yet again .

C3XdZ9f.gif

I do agree he has a go at them, however he said, on more than one occasion, we were mad to get rid of Ashley and his money in favour of king. How anybody can say that Ashley, with his sd loaded strip deals and other actions was a better option for Rangers. I cannot trust or respect anyone that comes to that opinion.

is it a fair fight but, when all scottish media lapdogs are failling over themselves to set the narrative and no one is standing up for fairness for the bottom teams .
No it’s most probably a losing battle but that’s down to them for being naive when the corrupt vote was passed.

I do agree he has a go at them, however he said, on more than one occasion, we were mad to get rid of Ashley and his money in favour of king. How anybody can say that Ashley, with his sd loaded strip deals and other actions was a better option for Rangers. I cannot trust or respect anyone that comes to that opinion.
Your right what you say about Ashley and thankfully that seems to be behind us.
He’s just one of many who have raped us since 2012 but we’re still here and fighting back now.

We all know it’s been a stitch up and we all know why.

But Hearts were willing to shake hands with the devil to save themselves and to hell with the rest.

Despite not winning the egm vote we got a lot more votes than we originally thought we would.

If only more of the clubs had grown a pair we could have forced change together.

Therefore as a club we done our part despite the doubters and I was proud we raised our voice.

We owe the other clubs nothing.

The system is all wrong as we know but clubs are willing to sell their soul to get money in.

I believe long term there will be many who will go to the wall and disappear from the game.

That could be the best thing to happen for the Scottish league in years.

Sports journalists in Scotland kept their mouths shut for decades whilst dozens upon dozens of children were abused by a ring of paedophile staff working for Celtc,
They knew the 'open secret' and kept it away from public view.
Why does anyone think that they will now start speaking truths regarding this club's other grasping appetite for money and unearned glory?

They will put this title up alongside their 3-0 victory over Warsaw and their other 3-0 victory over some Swiss side and it will all hang alongside their pennants from that Japanese tour.
A football club built on lies from the beginning and now drowning in false glory.

Sports journalists in Scotland kept their mouths shut for decades whilst dozens upon dozens of children were abused by a ring of paedophile staff working for Celtc,
They knew the 'open secret' and kept it away from public view.
Why does anyone think that they will now start speaking truths regarding this club's other grasping appetite for money and unearned glory?

They will put this title up alongside their 3-0 victory over Warsaw and their other 3-0 victory over some Swiss side and it will all hang alongside their pennants from that Japanese tour.
A football club built on lies from the beginning and now drowning in false glory.
Can’t argue with anything in your post mate.

Bottom line is the clubs voted for the option that suited them best and not for the common good, Hearts were the sacrificial lamb to preserve their spl place.

I genuinely think Davie Provan is suffering from mental issues. He changes his mind every bloody week. It will all be Rangers fault AGAIN by next week.

He'll say whatever he - and his employer - thinks will sell papers and get links clicked.
If that means regular 180 degree about-turns then so be it.

Whats the differnce between there being enough points to win league as opposed enough points to avoid relegation?Oh I forgot that involves tainted title.

Glasgow High Court.
QC for Hearts - I put it to you sir the Dundee vote was illegal.
Judge - I concur when they hit sent their vote was deemed to have been recorded no matter when it was found. I will ask the opinion of Partick Thistle QC. Aye he agrees. Case Dismissed Costs against SPFL.

We all know it’s been a stitch up and we all know why.

But Hearts were willing to shake hands with the devil to save themselves and to hell with the rest.

Despite not winning the egm vote we got a lot more votes than we originally thought we would.

If only more of the clubs had grown a pair we could have forced change together.

Therefore as a club we done our part despite the doubters and I was proud we raised our voice.

We owe the other clubs nothing.

The system is all wrong as we know but clubs are willing to sell their soul to get money in.

I believe long term there will be many who will go to the wall and disappear from the game.

That could be the best thing to happen for the Scottish league in years.

This is exactly it. The SPFL saw the clubs at the bottom of the leagues voting and knew they needed to appease them before the lot comes tumbling down.

This is going to fall flat on its face again anyway.

Hell mend them I say.

I maintain if Ann Budge has any positive thoughts for the loyal jambo fans, she and her fellow board members, should fight tooth and nail to prevent their famous club from being relegated.
Everyone knows that the reasons these other clubs voted in the manner in which they did, was for self preservation and for no other reasons.
If Budge lets her club sink, without a fight, she should do the proper thing by resigning her position at the club.
And take Levein and .McFee with her.
And for Doncaster to pass the buck by making a statement when asked about how the reconstructions fairing, he says you'll have to ask Ann Budge that question.
The Heart's fan must be absolutely dumbfouded to whats going on at their club,and will surely now be looking for answers,before it's too late..

Well, squeak up.

Do you really need to prove it though?? You could strongly hint at it and then simply put something along the lines of Sun Sport understands ... that seems to cover almost everything these days.

The silence from the bheasts in this whole affair was only dwarfed by the silence from the media about their silence. It was easy to join the dots and ask the question but no tabloid journalist even bothered.
I hear what your saying mate. I was actually meaning if it was going to court. Innuendo wont get anywhere as evidence.

If someone was to put this out there, make no mistake, they would have their lawyers onto it immediately. Look at what the record done last week. They butchered the guy at ict, who then made a statement, but almost right away, Dave McKinnon backed the record up. ICT unfortunately have been hushed up and to be honest, who can blame them.

He'll say whatever he - and his employer - thinks will sell papers and get links clicked.
If that means regular 180 degree about-turns then so be it.

Well, you've nailed it right there.

How any so called journalist with any semblance of professional integrity will do as his editors tells him, is no journalist at all.

5/6 years ago how many Hollywood actresses would have believed that Weinstein would be bending over spreading his cheeks and giving 2 good coughs after being sentenced to 23 years in prison.
The bigger they are and all that...

Back