Proven liar Paul Elliott talks of Rangers fan racism and how he bravely confronted it

dh1963

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4150457/paul-elliott-coonflakes-chelsea/

PAUL ELLIOTT had experienced intolerable bigotry in Italy and Scotland, then Ken Bates popped up to Glasgow and suggested a move to Chelsea.

His pitch was made over a drink in Victoria’s nightclub and Bates’s personality far outweighed his club’s reputation of racism from the terraces.

“I said to him I’ll come to Chelsea as long as there are no electric fences,” said Elliott.

“He said ‘they are long gone, we got rid of that’. We knew about Chelsea’s past but knew it had changed.”

Bates’ fences were soon dismantled, although perceptions have remained.

Not much has changed either in Serie A since Elliott became Pisa’s first black player some 32 years ago.

He returned to the club this month to mark their centenary and was asked about Leonardo Bonucci’s reaction to Moise Kean getting abused.

And sectarian abuse in Scotland has been in sharp focus this season, which Elliott also witnessed north of the border.

Elliott’s job now is with the FA, using his experience of discrimination during his own career and trying to make the game more diverse today.

At 55 he has seen it all, starting in the 1980s when racism was commonplace in the stands, rarer in the dressing room but still present.

“I won’t say which club but I was young and was the only time I had an issue with a team-mate,” Elliott said.

“I remember him saying ‘let’s get some coonflakes for Paul’ when I wanted cornflakes.

“But that player realised it was an error of judgement. That is when I realised that strength of character that came from my Mum and grandmother.

“They would never accept that on the street so why should I accept that in the environment that I work in?”

Elliott’s family hailed from Jamaica and his grandmother Sissy was part of the Windrush generation that moved to the UK after the war. His mother Lucy was a social worker after studying for her qualifications.

Elliott came from the South London hotbed of footballing talent that produced Ian Wright, Danny Wallace, Paul Davis and David Rocastle.

“Proper South London,” he calls it.

Then as a pro with Charlton, Luton and Aston Villa he needed “an extra layer of skin” to deal with the bile from the terraces.

Elliott said: “The truth of the matter was football represented the ugliness of society then. The BNP and National Front had a strong presence on the streets. Parts of London just weren’t safe. It was a very very challenging time for black players.”

At Luton he learnt from his manager David Pleat. He was in awe of his team-mates Ricky Hill, Brian Stein and Vince Hilaire.

“David Pleat was a Jewish manager, a wonderful manager, playing eight black players but he played us on merit,” said Elliott.

Moving to Pisa in 1987 saw the footballing stars align. They were scouting Mark Walters but saw his team-mate impress against the likes of Graeme Sharp and Mark Hughes.

Ian Rush had just moved to Juventus and Elliott was one of the next on the plane to Italy, where his big mate was World Cup-winning Brazilian Dunga.

He marked Ruud Gullit in his first game. Not long after, he was facing Diego Maradona and fell for his dark arts.

Elliott said: “Ruud scored this unbelievable header and I was marking him and one of his dreadlocks poked me in the eye and I was bloodshot for two weeks.

“My third game I was sent off against Maradona as I had a bit of confrontation with him.

“I didn’t know what he was saying as he was talking in Italian but let’s just say he said his penny’s worth and got a bit back from me as well.

“Salvatore Bagni got involved and pushed me, I pushed him back and he’s gone down in installments like he was shot.”

Part of the learning curve was dealing with the monkey chants and booing.

“The advantage was I didn’t speak Italian but the noises were familiar,” he said. “It is universal, there is no misunderstanding when you hear it.

“I can understand why people say there has been a lot of denial in Italy. There had been historical denial, there is no question about that.”

Elliott is still known as the “Geezer from Pisa” at his old club.

He opened their museum when he returned recently but racism has never been eradicated in Serie A.

“The challenges are historical and the leadership has not been strong enough," he said.

His big pal Walters had a huge part in persuading him to join Celtic.

After a few weeks Elliott called him up and made the tongue-in-cheek comment that he had been stitched up, given the abuse he was receiving.

Now at 25, Elliott publically made his feelings clear that found it unacceptable.

He said: “It was a seminal moment in Scotland. It was like the Raheem Sterling moment but in a different way.

“I realised it would be a failure or a dereliction of my duty if I didn’t speak up at 25. I was mature enough and I had that global experience where I had the credibility to speak.

“Celtic-Rangers games were brilliant games and they would call you a 19th Century Terrorist so-and-so and refer to my colour. There would be the booing and monkey chanting as well.

That came from a minority as you would go out socially and I would meet the other side of the Rangers support and they were fantastic.”

When he arrived at Chelsea the newly-formed Premier League was around the corner and audiences were changes.

Ian Porterfield gave him the captain’s armband when Andy Townsend was injured, Chelsea’s first black skipper.

Chelsea has never shaken off that tag of having a problem with race, but Elliott said: “This isn’t Chelsea’s problem. It is a societal problem.

You have an excellent owner in Roman Abramovich, Russian-Jewish. You have an excellent chairman in Bruce Buck.

“What we cannot afford to do in football is for the minority to supercede the great majority.

“What sport has a duty to do - and it doing - is when they are in stadiums, there has to be zero-tolerence.

“Every time there is a challenge at Chelsea, Bruce has shown strong leadership and there is zero-tolerence, strong messages and intervention from the law. Whether it is Chelsea or any other club, that is all they can do.”

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't recall this monkey chanting, but wasn't he also the guy who invented a banana being thrown at him?
I don't believe our support would have tolerated any monkey chanting.
We had matured in that regard by seeing the abuse being hurled at Mark Walters and to the credit of our support we had become aware and sensitive to this particular issue.
Ironically even today The Filth support haven't.

I concede that he would have been called a 19th Century Terrorist.
If you play for The Filth and basically acquiesce to their club's ethos with the IRA banners, chants and songs and traditional support for murder squads that kill British people, then you are indeed no better than a 19th Century Terrorist.
One would think.

I honestly have no memory at all of this "seminal moment" in Scottish football. All I remember about Elliott is he scored against us a couple times and he got booked a lot. His bravery in speaking out must have been a whisper as nobody heard him.

The racism Mark Walters endured was 1000 times worse.

Lying scumbag.
I wouldn't say he was lying, you surely dont think for 1 second he recieved some racism in an old firm game, we have racists the same as every club, early 90s racism was worse.
As usual tho the story suggests it's only Rangers fans.

He's made a lot of money from telling outright lies.

Imagine a spokesman for anti-racism inventing racist incidents for his own personal gain. Morally and ethically - that's pretty scummy behaviour imo.

When Paul Elliott attacked a header, he used to scream at the top of his voice 'JUNGLE',, that was the way he acted on the park, I'm not saying it justifys getting monkey noises etc but i never missed an old firm gsme he played in, and i never once anything like,, jthat directed at him, just another tim playing the victim

Where do we even start with this idiots comments?

Want to talk about racism ask Mark Walters about his debut at the Chamber of Secrets about Racism and then we can talk.

An utterly shameful episode in a long list of crimes and offences committed at that Ground and by that club and it's fans.

Fck me. Another bad result for they cnts and Monday comes and the press start their shite again. We all know the script by now though. Vic-tims

I wouldn't say he was lying, you surely dont think for 1 second he recieved some racism in an old firm game, we have racists the same as every club, early 90s racism was worse.
As usual tho the story suggests it's only Rangers fans.
I would say he is probably lying.
He has a record of embellishing his past in order to glean some attention for himself in this matter.
He invented a banana incident against Rangers which 100% did not happen.

We do have racists in our support all clubs do, but they have learned to keep their mouths shut in our games because as a support we grew up tremendously in this issue by witnessing what our own player Mark Walters suffered at the hands of opposition fans.

On the other hand, over at The Jimmy Savile Dome their support, quite ironically, only see it as an issue regarding their own, whilst still hurling racist abuse at opposition players.

He sat in the stand at Parkhead while his own fans made monkey noises at another black player and he said fuck all.

Exactly. The guy has lied about his treatment from the Rangers support for well over two decades.

After the treatment meeted out by the scum to Mark Walters there was no way we were ever going to give Elloitt the same. It is time he was asked tosupplied evidence to back up his claim or was called out for the liar I believe he is.

Does he mention his treatment by Celtic? When he had to sue the club over a house that they bought him when he signed but wanted any profit he made when he subsequently sold the house?

Or is it all made up nonsense?

Lying c.unt! My memory and I’m more than happy to be corrected is that he gave the wanker sign to the Copland which resulted in him being told to f.uck off and roundly booed.
He then pointed at our very own Mark Walters as if to gesture “we are the same colour”.
I was going off my head but I didn’t hear one single monkey chant or anything similar.

So he's saying he was racially abused up here but then chose to sign for a club known to have a well documented racist element within the club's support ,aye ok Paul :rolleyes:

The lasting memory I have of Elliott is his naiveity. An Old Firm game at Ibrox we had a player flat out injured and Bonner had the ball. Elliott signalled to him to put the ball out to allow the physio on and Bonner - now Mr Reasonable on the radio - shook his head and booted the ball down the middle of the park!

As for racism, I never heard a single racist chant directed against Elliott or any other black player by Bears.

He was approached to sign for ra Sellik. He said he had a chance to sign for a London club and with rocketing house prices, he'd be better signing for the London club. As part of his contract, Sellik guaranteed a house sale profit of £x (can't remember the igure but it was about 50k, a huge amount then).
He buys a new house from Brian Dempsey at a major discount then sells it before moving in. He makes a profit then tells Sellik to make up the house sale profit. They say the profit was at the end of his contract. His lawyer points out it doesn't say that, just a guaranteed profit. They had to pay him and he was hated by the hierarchy at Sellik. True story.

I would say he is probably lying.
He has a record of embellishing his past in order to glean some attention for himself in this matter.
He invented a banana incident against Rangers which 100% did not happen.

We do have racists in our support all clubs do, but they have learned to keep their mouths shut in our games because as a support we grew up tremendously in this issue by witnessing what our own player Mark Walters suffered at the hands of opposition fans.

On the other hand, over at The Jimmy Savile Dome their support, quite ironically, only see it as an issue regarding their own, whilst still hurling racist abuse at opposition players.

He scored a last minute equaliser to make it 2 2 after they were 2 down in the same game as the banana incident, Elliot is the only guy in the world that has any recollection of this game, he's a dangerous liar.

Extracted from Rangers Media site a few years ago.

I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the colour of their skin but by the content of their character.
In the process of gaining our rightful place we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred
”.

Extracts from Martin Luther King’s ‘I Have a Dream’ Speech – 28th August 1963.

Paul Elliott has a dream. Paul’s dream is to rid the British game of Racism and he will not be satisfied he tells all, until he achieves that dream.

If we’re all being honest with ourselves, it’s a grand dream, a dream that society in general should be striving to achieve not just football, if we’re honest football can only help modify the behaviour in the grounds, it can’t stop the prejudices that exist in everyday life.

For myself the biggest shock of the summer and indeed last season didn’t come from the fact that racism has not been eradicated from our game it was that some footballers are even bigger scumbags than we all imagined. Even as I write today a young Arsenal player Emmanuel Frimpong has been fined £6,000 by the FA for a tweet describing somebody as ‘Yid Scum’.

Paul none the less has worked tirelessly to achieve his dream. In 2003 he was awarded an MBE for his work with young players and his involvement with anti-racism initiatives in football. His work was again recognised just this year in the Queen’s birthday honours list when he received the CBE for his services to equality and diversity in football, with acknowledgement given to his work overseas in his roles at UEFA and the Football Against Racism in Europe network (FARE), the highest honour ever awarded to a player from the premier league era and as Kick It Out were quick to remind us all the first black footballer to achieve the higher CBE award.

But there are people out there who think racism hasn’t exactly been altogether bad for Paul. Let us not be misunderstood at this juncture, no one (certainly of sane mind) at all is advocating that the man deserved to be abused for the colour of his skin, he most certainly did not and I can’t stress enough how wrong I believe that to be and how heartfelt sorry I am that anybody from any walk of life should suffer in that way, however it must be highlighted that there is a feeling in certain circles that Paul has often embellished the truth to suit his own agenda and further his career & after looking at all the facts I find myself amongst them.

I first became aware of Paul Elliott in July 1989 when he signed for Celtic from Pisa for £650,000. He was a ball playing centre half, big, strong, good in the air and strong in the tackle. He read the game well and was not shy to put it about in true Scottish fashion (16 bookings in his first season is testament to that). In an interview with the ‘Scotsman’ on 22nd October 2002 Paul had this to say about his time in Italy.

"It was difficult throughout my career - there was monkey-chanting and booing, and I was the unfortunate victim of having a banana thrown at me. Actually, it’s one of my funniest stories," he said of that unsavoury incident, which happened in a game between Pisa and AS Roma in the Italian capital.

"I remember I was having a terrible time in the match, and somebody threw a banana which hit my leg. I actually picked up the banana, peeled back the skin and ate it, then threw it back at the offender.

"I remember talking to journalists afterwards, and they said: ‘Paul, why did you do that?’ I told them I was having a bad time, I had a much-improved second half and that was because of the nutritional value from the banana." - If you are a subscriber to The Scotsman, you can read that very article, here - http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-13000608.html

The incident clearly didn’t put him off Italian football too much as he took a job circa 1995 as a pundit alongside show regular James Richardson on the channel four programme ‘Football Itallia’ (I actually have a memory of him being quite good at it).

Ironically at the time of his signing Scottish football was still rightly suffering an embarrassing racism hangover of its own. In two of the most shameful incidents in its history some 17 months before; Mark Walters was showered with bananas & monkey chants from Celtic fans at Parkhead and again two weeks later by the Hearts fans at Tynecastle (Mark Walters called the latter the worst experience of his career) Celtic did publicly denounce the actions of the fans however unsurprisingly the Scottish Football Association remained silent on the racist abuse.

Elliot & Walters had actually been teammates at Aston Villa until 1987 when they both departed for Rangers and Pisa respectively. The ex-colleagues would cross swords 9 times in two seasons; Walters winning the tussles six games to Paul’s three with no draws.

Paul’s debut in the world famous fixture came at Ibrox on the 4th November 1989 before a crowd of 41,598; the game would be remembered for the moment former Celtic hero Maurice Johnstone broke his duck for Rangers against his old side with an 89th minute winner in a 1-0 win for Rangers.

Nonetheless Paul would play against Rangers a further three times that season losing twice more and winning one. His final meeting with Rangers that season again came at Ibrox in front of 41,926, Rangers thrashed Celtic 3-0, Mark Walters scoring the first on 28 minutes. Having lost the Scottish Cup 4th Round 1-0 to their oldest foes two months before, the Rangers support understandably were enjoying the moment, much to the distaste of Paul who made the mistake of giving the wanker sign to Copland Road end, the fans responded by booing Pauls every touch, so much so Paul tried to pass the booing off as racism even going as far to point at Mark Walters then himself as if to say ‘but he’s black too’.

Thankfully the incident didn’t put Paul off his time in Scotland and in the same interview with the ‘Scotsman’ he told the reporter.

"During my time in Scotland I had a wonderful time; the Scots are amongst the nicest, most sincere and compassionate people you could ever meet.”

However in a speech to the Runnymede Trust at their conference on ‘Cohesion Equality Diversity’ on the 19th January 2005 & just over two years after his interview with the ‘Scotsman’ Paul unbelievably had this to say about his time in Scotland - again, you can read this speech, after downloading a pdf file, here - http://www.runnymedetrust.org/proje...l/cohesion-diversity-equality-conference.html

I served my time in Italy. From a professional point of view I felt I’d done a job, and then it was time to move on again and I moved to a place in Scotland. Scotland – there’s a strange mix. ‘vodka & whisky’ - we call it ‘racism & sectarianism’.

There are certain games that bring out the best in some people and the worst in others. One is called the ‘The Old Firm game’: Celtic V. Rangers. I recall my debut for Celtic, which was against Rangers in front of 67,000.”

Pauls actual Celtic debut came on 23rd September 1989 at Celtic Park and versus Motherwell, the attendance that day was 27, 182. The score finished 1-1 with Paul McStay scoring for the home side and as I’ve already illustrated Pauls first Glasgow derby actually game came at Ibrox in November 1989 having already played 7 times for Celtic, not only that the largest crowd Paul did play in front of during his time in Scotland was 62,817 in the league cup final at Hamden, a game in which he scored and his team lost 2-1 to a Richard Gough winner in extra time.

I was more than happy to concede here that it is entirely possible Paul merely got his debut & his first derby mixed up, that was until I read on:

I recall I didn’t have the best of games, infact, I started terribly by scoring an own-goal. Didn’t help on my debut! The monkey chanting, the booing came out, far more vociferous than it’s ever been, and then I made a back pass which contributed to the second goal. So after 45 minutes we were 2-0 down courtesy of Paul Elliot.”

The only game against Rangers that season that Paul’s Celtic trailed 2-0 down at half time was his 28th game for the club and the clash I mentioned above at Ibrox; Maurice Johnstone added to the aforementioned Mark Walters goal & Ally McCoist scored a third on 78 minutes for good measure.

Last edited:
Furthermore in Paul’s whole time at Celtic he only ever trailed Rangers 2-0 in one other game coming on 2nd January 1991, Mark Walters scored in the first half after 35 minutes and the second goal from Mark Hateley didn’t come until the 78th minute of the second half and this was at Ibrox in front of 38,399. I also feel it’s worth pointing out here that if Paul had scored an own goal and then contributed to a second, the last thing the Rangers support or indeed any football support worldwide would be doing is booing him, we’d be sarcastically cheering his every touch! Maybe he meant his own fans?

Still Paul continued…

The second half of the game, things got better. The banana throwing wasn’t as bad and I recall a particular incident where, when the ball went out of play, I went to get the ball and there were 3 or 4 bananas, and I actually picked up a banana, took a bite and threw it back at the offender.”

What? I mean seriously, what?

Now it doesn’t take an intimate knowledge of Scottish football to know that there is a fair degree of one-upmanship between the Rangers & Celtic support and had Paul Elliott actually picked up a banana, eat it and throw it back at the Rangers support it would have been one of the most iconic images and moments in Scottish football history, up there with John Barnes back healing the banana in the Merseyside derby at Goodison, shown & replayed again and again and again to all and sundry. So how then every single cameraman, tv crew and fan in the ground seemed to miss such a ground breaking moment of defiance in one of the most watched derby games in world football is quite frankly anybody guess.

This is before of course we even look at how it’s a case a cynic might describe as remarkably similar to his time in Italy as recounted to the Scotsman and from a fan base who were outraged at the same treatment netted out to their own black star, a man as you can probably tell by now from the article, hero worshipped, if for nothing more than how many times he put the old enemy to the sword, so the Rangers support were hardly likely to abuse another black player from any team especially when Mark was on the pitch, which he was ,every single time Paul played against Rangers.

Paul goes on…

Now, in many respects, I think it was the right thing to do because there were roars of laughter from the opposing supporters and I thought ‘well this is incredible.’ I didn’t want to eat too much and cause myself stomach issues for the rest of the game but within 15 minutes I’d contributed to scoring, via an assist. Celtic were then losing just 2-1. And in about the 87th minute I scored the equaliser myself. So I felt redeemed.”

As I’ve already alluded to, Paul played 9 Glasgow derby’s losing six and winning 3. In the two seasons he spent at Celtic, the club only drew once with Rangers, it came at Ibrox on the 15th November 1990, Terry Hurlock equalising for Rangers on 65 minutes with his first goal for the club after Derek White playing in place of a certain Paul Elliott missing due to suspension scored the opener for Celtic, the crowd that day was 39,543.

Paul did score twice against Rangers in his time in Glasgow the first coming the league cup final defeat mentioned earlier where Richard Gough & Mark Walters scored for Rangers and his second goal against the light blues came in a home defeat a month later with Maurice Johnstone & Ally McCoist doing the damage for Rangers, the crowd that day at Parkhead was 50,761.

Now I recall, after the game everybody was delighted, over the moon, and I remember this particular journalist came up to me and said ‘Paul, I know the game is about two halves, but this is ridiculous. How can you be so poor in the first half then play reasonably well in second half?’ He said to me, ‘well, what was the most influential factor?’ And I said: ‘well, don’t you know the nutritional value of a banana? That was said live on television, so all of a sudden, that’s how I learned to turn negative into positive.”

'Reasonably well'!? If this was a Hollywood movie we’d be saying it was far-fetched, and demanding it was immediately turned over. As for this TV interview, not only was this not said on live TV, not only is it almost the same answer he told ‘The Scotsman’ he gave in Italy, it wasn’t said at all because like the game, the goals, the own goal and the banana throwing, the only place this game occurred was actually in Paul Elliott’s head, he didn’t even manage to get the venue right!

For what it’s worth Paul actually was subjected to monkey chanting in Scottish football, it came in his third game for Celtic in the first half of a 1-1 draw with Aberdeen at Pittodrie in front of 20,918 but the worst thing about this fantasy tale at the conference is that Elliott is not just some after dinner speaker, working the circuit trying to make a crust for his family after his football career was tragically cut short; he is a key figure for an anti-racism group who has been caught red handed telling lies, lies which are now being passed as fact.

Now don’t get me wrong the Rangers support are no angels nor would we ever claim to be, we don’t seek phoney praise or token gesture awards for being well behaved, we aren’t even after your sympathy for what we have all endured these last few months but we do deserve a damn sight better than this especially from a man who not only should know better, it’s his job to be in such cases, no pun intended: ‘whiter than white’.

These lies are detrimental to the good work that has been done and to minorities and the constant battle against racism they face, yet when the Runnymeade Trust conference took place Rangers fans who tried to highlight these vicious lies in the face of the facts were called liars and even racists!

Man Utd fans sing about Liverpool slums, City fans have sung about the Munich disaster, Spurs fans call themselves ‘the Yid Army’, Aberdeen fans mock the Ibrox disaster, Hibs fans sing about a Hearts player being a refugee, Greame Le Saux took homophobic chants for ten years but the moment some fans sing that Adebayors father washes elephants the moral outcry from the anti-racism groups is hysterical, they don’t seem too concerned that the second line of that song is ‘his mother is a whore’.

Has racism in football now become such a one Way Street that a black player only has to accuse a white player or fan of being racist and it’s immediately taken as fact or at best guilty until proven otherwise? It would certainly appear so as far as Kick It Out and its media cheerleaders are concerned who even went as far as suggesting this summer that the England Managers reasons for leaving out a player we’re politically motivated; would they have made the same statement if John Terry had been the player to miss out?

Or indeed would Lord Ousley’s reaction at a recent Wembley conference of ‘surprised Ferdinand had been charged’ been the same had a white player used the term ‘choc ice’ about a fellow black professional?

It seems not if Elliott’s furious reaction to Sepp Blatter’s November 2011 comments regarding racism being dealt with by a handshake. In an interview with the Daily Records Hugh Keevins on 18th November 2011, Elliott spoke of being ’terribly disappointed on a personal level & went as far as to suggest the FIFA president had been guilty of a criminal offence’.

“If you make racist remarks in the street you can be prosecuted under the public offences act. If you do the same thing on a football pitch the football offences act of 1992 covers that eventuality. Not even the president of FIFA is above the law. It’s not right that such a powerful man harbours these views on racism. There must be a consistent, zero tolerance approach taken to this subject.”

So given the facts I’m sure Paul will accept he’s guilty of an offence too?

Part 2

For the last few months I like many Rangers fans before me have tried to no avail to have this story highlighted, however last week I managed to get in touch with the Chairman of the Professional Footballers Association Clark Carlisle, who himself has recently finished an excellent BBC documentary on Racism in Football. I asked one simple question’ What would your thoughts be on someone lying about racial abuse’ he replied ‘I really don’t know about this one, I’d hope no-one would do that, it would be very detrimental to all the work that has gone on’. Clarke also offered to read this piece, have a look at the facts and in his words ‘Give him a bell!!!’

The Rangers support are not asking for Paul Elliott to face charges, they’re not trying to stop the man doing his job, a job I believe he does well, but they do deserve an apology, they do deserve an admission that Paul got it very wrong and they do deserve an answer and to have this slur and stain removed. After all in Paul's own words:

“When it comes to racism no one is above the law. There can’t be room for any complacency. Because racism doesn’t stop. It keeps going, and all of us as adults, have responsibilities to work against it with whatever capacity we can.”

So let’s sit back and see if Paul Marcellus Elliott is a man of his word or just another liar frantically trying to cover his tracks.

Dirty liar. I went to all home and away old firm games between 1988 and 1996. Also all the cup finals, never missed one. I know for a fact he was not racially abused by us. The only time I can mind him getting ridiculed was for the amount of bookings he received, I'm sure it was around 15 in a season. In fact I secretly admired him as a player and thought he was actually one of their better players. Mark Walters was racially abused by Celtic and hearts fans, I was there and I seem the bananas and heard it, I was only 12 but I will always remember those two horrid occasions. I can even remember Glasgow fruit stores selling out of bananas

Feck me you would think Celtc had dropped some points lattley! Hauling out a proven liar and thumb heids brother to slag us off they will have to try harder!
poet pr is on over draft what about bananas fruit to Walters monkey chants the 911 airplanes at Rayna for f::k sake only big bad rangers what a joke

Selective memory loss heading baws really must damage your memory, after all, sitting in the stand while your fake Irish fan club shouts abuse and regress a million years back in human evolutionmust be hard to remember.

Surprised he never mentioned how Michael Jackson heard about that incident while he was at Neverland to meet the weans and it inspired him to write “Black or White”, he even invited Elliot to be in the music video, but he had to leave the set when Macaulay Caulkin proceeded to pull a banana out his packed lunch, triggering painful memories.

Okay thats all fiction, but apparently that’s allowed in the press now so fùck it.

I was probably every game v them when he was playing, never heard a single monkey chant. He’s a fucking liar.

He's a mendacious big fuukin wullie biter is elliot.

Away and pull the other wan ya big chancer.

He uses the phrase "the truth of the matter" utter moron.

Truth is Paul, the rancid club you played for fans lobbed bananas at a Rangers player and a bit like the rapecof children, don't seem to mention or acknowledge that.

You are a fucking disgrace and a liar.

Back