PSG owners looking to buy Leeds United

Mr Aqua

Seen in the papers that English football might get another super rich club, with the PSG owners pulling out of France because of their lack of return in the investment put into the French club.

If you are a rich Arab state looking for a bargain in England, Leeds is the obvious choice

The largest city in England to only have 1 senior club

With the right backing they can quite quickly be at least the best out with the established big 6

I hate the likes of PSG,Man City etc but if the likes of PSG’s owners came sniffing around it would be very difficult to resist

I hate the likes of PSG,Man City etc but if the likes of PSG’s owners came sniffing around it would be very difficult to resist
Let's be honest, we as fans would have almost no say in the matter. We hold a very small stake in the club, and have very little influence at boardroom level.

Leeds are bigger than Man City are pre-money, so seems like a good shout.

Don’t kid yourself. If Leeds had to share their own city with Manchester United, you would be able to count their support with the fingers of one hand.
They would have gone the same way as Bradford Park Avenue.

They don't share a city with Man United though so your point is totally invalid.
It is valid because City have to share their own town with the biggest club in the world. And despite this, they have always been one of the best supported clubs in England.
Leeds would be in the bottom tier or worse in similar circumstances playing to a few hundred people so the suggestion that somehow Leeds United are bigger than Manchester City is completely false.

Leeds are bigger than Man City are pre-money, so seems like a good shout.
Big club but apart from their golden period in the 60/70s and that ‘potential’ era under O’Leary they’ve never really been up there.

And historically definitely not a bigger club than City. Leeds Utd were secondary to the local rugby league team for most of their history

It is valid because City have to share their own town with the biggest club in the world. And despite this, they have always been one of the best supported clubs in England.
Leeds would be in the bottom tier or worse in similar circumstances playing to a few hundred people so the suggestion that somehow Leeds United are bigger than Manchester City is completely false.
Again, Leeds don't share their city with Man United so your attempt to pass your opinion as fact is just a tad silly.

I'm going so say that had both these clubs shared a city for their entire history, then Leeds United would have been the bigger club with Man United being a middle sized club with a good support but not much else to boast about.

See how easy it is to make up absolute nonsense?

You really could have just posted 'if my auntie had baws'
It's really no different.

A serious question; would the 'soon to be' Leeds owners want to go up against the owners of Man City? It's an awful lot of money to throw at a club with no guarantee of domestic English success.

Would be delighted for their fans if they were back where they belong ... however it’s obscene how much money the English clubs have.

Something has got to happen in terms of an Atlantic league or similar if we are to realise our potential

UEFA are allowing big traditional clubs from smaller countries to become uncompetitive (Ajax being the exception) .... they are failing in their duty to protect the game across the board

We are one of the top 20 clubs in Europe for a supporter base and historical point of view but would struggle to make the top 100 financially ... something has got to change !!!

I think it’s works better the way Wolves owners are doing things bought players to almost guarantee promotion and have came in and maintained their competitiveness in the premier league.

I’m surprised that no other big money people looked at Leeds before, maybe because they have had some dodgy owners in the past, but potential profits for getting them to the EPL must be massive. Their support is fanatical and every other team hates them, or at least hated playing them at Elland rd. So they are box office material to tv companies. ie Leeds v Man Utd, Leeds v Chelsea and Leeds v Liverpool would be must see games, in comparison to Sheffield Utd v Man U etc.
However as @Mr Aqua said, you couldn’t feel safe as a club for worrying that the new owner doesn’t get bored and just ditch them.

Again, Leeds don't share their city with Man United so your attempt to pass your opinion as fact is just a tad silly.

I'm going so say that had both these clubs shared a city for their entire history, then Leeds United would have been the bigger club with Man United being a middle sized club with a good support but not much else to boast about.

See how easy it is to make up absolute nonsense?

You really could have just posted 'if my auntie had baws'
It's really no different.

I have explained to you why Manchester City are a bigger club than Leeds United.
Take it or leave it,

Leeds aren't bigger than Man City. Before Revie they were - at times - 4th best supported club in city after rugby codes and cricket. Only established in top league under Revie.

And what happens in 5 years when they get bored of their new investment? Leeds should stay well away

20 years again you would never see a Man Utd top in Leeds city centre. Now there are nearly as many as Leeds
20 years ago you never saw a Barcelona shirt in Scotland.
They're everywhere now.

What does that prove?

Arabs buy PSG , get fed up with it and move on ,
Arabs buy Leeds get fed up with it and move on ,
Arabs buy get fed up with it and move on.
etc , etc , etc , if i were a Leeds supporter i wouldn't want them anywhere near the club.

You have presented a fictitious scenario in which Leeds and Man United share a city.

It explains nothing, so if you don't mind, I'll leave it.
Not really sure what point either of you are trying to make.
I think it's like 2 one legged men having an arse kicking contest.

Back