PSG owners looking to buy Leeds United

Leeds is a great investment, a sleeping giant. Not many bigger towns with 1 football team in England.
It’s only a great investment depending on how much money you put in. The actual acquisition of a Leeds, or a PSG, isn’t the expensive bit. It’s how much you put in after that that you’re looking for a return on.

If they run Leeds like they’ve run PSG then I’m not sure how they can expect their return to be any better to be honest.

Not really sure what point either of you are trying to make.
I think it's like 2 one legged men having an arse kicking contest.
I thought it was pretty simple too.

The poster presented a scenario that Leeds would play in front of less people than Pollok Juniors if they shared a city with Man United.

I rather helpfully pointed out that they don't share a city with Man United.

Glad I could help.

It’s only a great investment depending on how much money you put in. The actual acquisition of a Leeds, or a PSG, isn’t the expensive bit. It’s how much you put in after that that you’re looking for a return on.

If they run Leeds like they’ve run PSG then I’m not sure how they can expect their return to be any better to be honest.

I don't think it will ever be an investment to these guys per se, it is however an excellent way of moving hundreds of millions of £'s without too much scrutiny

I thought it was pretty simple too.

The poster presented a scenario that Leeds would play in front of less people than Pollok Juniors if they shared a city with Man United.

I rather helpfully pointed out that they don't share a city with Man United.

Glad I could help.

You didn’t respond to my point .

I don't think it will ever be an investment to these guys per se, it is however an excellent way of moving hundreds of millions of £'s without too much scrutiny
Agreed. It’s part-PR and part-plaything. And for Qatar a lot of that is driven by the desire to outdo the other Arab investors, given local tensions.

I was only addressing the suggestion that Leeds, or any club, is a good investment.

You didn’t respond to my point .
You never made a point.
You made up a story based on two clubs who don't share a city actually sharing a city.

You offered an opinion on how Leeds United would fare in a made up scenario.
Until such time (never) that Leeds and Man United actually share a city, you have no point.

If they buy Leeds I would be concerned as a Leeds fan, yes the money will be not in short supply but as soon as it stops they’ll be like PSG.

Leeds are bigger than Man City are pre-money, so seems like a good shout.
Why are Leeds bigger than Man City?
Before Revie Leeds were a nothing club in a rugby town.
At that time City were a huge English club with a bigger fan base than Man Utd getting regular crowds in excess of 50,000.
Leeds were lucky to get 20,000.
But I agree they would be a good investment for a rich dude.

They were going for promotion whereas 3 years ago they finished mid table. Of course their crowds would be higher.

Funny you say that as I took the figures from a point in the 2016 season when they were sitting 5 in the league and just about to face Liverpool in a cup quarter final.
I was actually wrong in my last post though as I posted a 7000 rise using the figures from 30/11/16 when they were 5th and averaging 25k.

It should actually have been a 5000 rise to this season as they ended that season with an average of over 27k.

So from sitting 5th and challenging for promotion to finishing mid table, they actually added an average of 2000 fans per home game.

This of course utterly destroys the idea of them only turning up because they were winning.

Don’t kid yourself. If Leeds had to share their own city with Manchester United, you would be able to count their support with the fingers of one hand.
They would have gone the same way as Bradford Park Avenue.

A strong contender for the most pointless and invalid input to any football discussion ever.

Agreed. It’s part-PR and part-plaything. And for Qatar a lot of that is driven by the desire to outdo the other Arab investors, given local tensions.

I was only addressing the suggestion that Leeds, or any club, is a good investment.

Agreed, I think some of it is also Money Laundering.

Funny you say that as I took the figures from a point in the 2016 season when they were sitting 5 in the league and just about to face Liverpool in a cup quarter final.
I was actually wrong in my last post though as I posted a 7000 rise using the figures from 30/11/16 when they were 5th and averaging 25k.

It should actually have been a 5000 rise to this season as they ended that season with an average of over 27k.

So from sitting 5th and challenging for promotion to finishing mid table, they actually added an average of 2000 fans per home game.

This of course utterly destroys the idea of them only turning up because they were winning.

Leeds average attendance, season ending 2016.........27,000
Leeds average attendance, season ending 2019.......34,000.

So the crowds were larger this season because they were going for promotion.

A strong contender for the most pointless and invalid input to any football discussion ever.

There are arguments on here putting Leeds United onto a pedestal that they aren’t actually on. Someone used Manchester City as an excuse to put them on that pedestal that they have not yet attained.

It would be gd to begin with but if they drop u like a hat yur fu(ked!!!
Personally I prefer a spurs type of club run the right way and achieve things with hard work and a very good manager can’t be bothered with yur Man City n Chelsea type clubs

Leeds average attendance, season ending 2016.........27,000
Leeds average attendance, season ending 2019.......34,000.

So the crowds were larger this season because they were going for promotion.
And I thought I made it easy to understand too.

I actually posted the exact date I took my attendance figure from (30/11/16) with Leeds sitting 5th in the league which I'm sure you'll ageee is a playoff spot.

For whatever reason, you've taken the attendance figure from the season before.

In any case, all you've done is further prove my point.
The season you've posted had an average of 27k, finishing 13th.
The date I posted, 5th in the league but an average crowd of 25k.
By the end of that season, the average went up to 27k in spite of them falling out of the playoff places.

Absolutely none of this points to them only turning up when they're winning.

The funniest thing in all of this is that you initially posted that Leeds wouldn't get the crowds that City do.

Man City in League one averaged 28k.
Man City in the Championship averaged 33k
Man City won the league that season by 10 points, scoring over 100 goals.
In spite of that, they averaged less than Leeds did this season.

And I thought I made it easy to understand too.

I actually posted the exact date I took my attendance figure from (30/11/16) with Leeds sitting 5th in the league which I'm sure you'll ageee is a playoff spot.

For whatever reason, you've taken the attendance figure from the season before.

In any case, all you've done is further prove my point.
The season you've posted had an average of 27k, finishing 13th.
The date I posted, 5th in the league but an average crowd of 25k.
By the end of that season, the average went up to 27k in spite of them falling out of the playoff places.

Absolutely none of this points to them only turning up when they're winning.

The funniest thing in all of this is that you initially posted that Leeds wouldn't get the crowds that City do.

Man City in League one averaged 28k.
Man City in the Championship averaged 33k
Man City won the league that season by 10 points, scoring over 100 goals.
In spite of that, they averaged less than Leeds did this season.

You said 3 years ago. 3 years ago the season ended in 2016.

You said 3 years ago. 3 years ago the season ended in 2016.

I posted the exact date I took the figure from, how much clearer do you need it to be?

Anyway as I've said, all you did was disprove your own theory.
You gave a figure from them finishing 13th which was higher than the figure from them being 5th.
The attendances rose again as they fell out of the playoffs that season.

So the attendances was at it's lowest when Leeds were highest in the league.
Conversely, the highest attendances were at the lowest league placing.

A perfect FF example of how a thread can swiftly head to the twilight zone. Leeds United have a tremendously loyal support. Manchester City have the same, despite the presence of a behomith in its locale. There is no need for any spurios comparisons between them. If the Qataris switch their investment to Leeds, then good luck to them, it will be up to their fans to decide whether this is welcome. Though I suspect, in a no shit Sherlock mode, they will be sporting a Keffiyeh before you can say "fan ownership".

Back