PSG

jimcornette

Don't pay too much attention to football outside Scotland but noticed this morning that Lille are on course to win the French league. Add that to PSG failing in Europe once again and it hasn't been a good start for Poch. Can some more knowledgeable Bears shed any light on it? Is Pochettino already on a sticky wicket?

PSG were already behind when he took over, Monaco and Lyon were ahead of them at that time as well I think which is why Tuchel got binned.

He’s actually doing alright, Lille are just doing ever so well which is great to see - although Poch hasn’t exactly won every game.

Rangers, Inter, Lille and Sporting all winning their leagues this season is so refreshing.

Think Tuchel lost 4/17 league games.

Basically Pochetino isn't as good as people think. That's not to say he is a bad manager though. He isnt.

I always thought this at Spurs. He knows how to get a team doing well above their weight but, when needed to kick on and win things, he isn't top level.

PSG were already behind when he took over, Monaco and Lyon were ahead of them at that time as well I think which is why Tuchel got binned.

He’s actually doing alright, Lille are just doing ever so well which is great to see - although Poch hasn’t exactly won every game.

Rangers, Inter, Lille and Sporting all winning their leagues this season is so refreshing.

Think Tuchel lost 4/17 league games.
Sure they were only a point or two behind at the time?

Basically Pochetino isn't as good as people think. That's not to say he is a bad manager though. He isnt.

I always thought this at Spurs. He knows how to get a team doing well above their weight but, when needed to kick on and win things, he isn't top level.
Not just any manager can walk into the top clubs and win trophies.

I agree with what you say, maybe he needs that first big trophy to start the winning routine.

I think he’ll be punted in the summer and end up back at Tottenham.

Hard to see where PSG go in the summer with Barca linked to Neymar and Mbappe always being linked to Real...

Do they rid the team of the Hollywood players and build a team of team players?

Sure they were only a point or two behind at the time?
May well have been mate, I just remember them being 3rd/4th when Tuchel left and they are second now with a game in hand.

If that’s the case then Poch is doing pretty similar to Tuchel!.

I’m just hoping they don’t overtake Lille :))

May well have been mate, I just remember them being 3rd/4th when Tuchel left and they are second now with a game in hand.

He was also sacked for publicly slagging Leonardo saying that the transfer policy at the club was wrong rather than footballing results aswell.

I don’t think PSG are much of a “team”either. Reliant on their two superstars but their midfield is pretty average imo. Verratti is a great player but Gueye and Herrara shouldn’t be playing at that level imo.

He was also sacked for publicly slagging Leonardo saying that the transfer policy at the club was wrong rather than footballing results aswell.
Ah fair enough, I wasn’t aware of that as French football isn’t my area of expertise :))

Don't pay too much attention to football outside Scotland but noticed this morning that Lille are on course to win the French league. Add that to PSG failing in Europe once again and it hasn't been a good start for Poch. Can some more knowledgeable Bears shed any light on it? Is Pochettino already on a sticky wicket?
Of course, trying to work his ticket to the team he's always wanted to manage... Celtic.

Too many overpaid players that are only there for money and throw the toys out the pram when faced with a bit of adversity.

I’d be surprised if any of PSG’s players spoke to each other out with on the pitch.

They should sell all the big names, promote youth and sign a few young hungry players.

I don’t think PSG are much of a “team”either. Reliant on their two superstars but their midfield is pretty average imo. Verratti is a great player but Gueye and Herrara shouldn’t be playing at that level imo.
I think that’s why they got the latter two, to complement the superstars and do all their work for them.

It almost worked last season!.

PSG are 4 points behind Lille with a game in hand and a much better goal difference so it obviously isn't done and dusted yet.

As for Pochettino I know bonkers things can happen with football managers but I don't think he'll be sacked even f they don't win the league.

Not just any manager can walk into the top clubs and win trophies.

I agree with what you say, maybe he needs that first big trophy to start the winning routine.

You're spot on mate but the top level ones can and do.

I like Poch and I enjoy watching his teams plus he seems a very good guy.

Herrera is one of those players, could’ve been much better than he is. The next Xabi Alonso was the way he was hyped iirc.

I think he’ll be punted in the summer and end up back at Tottenham.

Hard to see where PSG go in the summer with Barca linked to Neymar and Mbappe always being linked to Real...

Do they rid the team of the Hollywood players and build a team of team players?

Not sure that either Barca or Real will be buying big in the next window!

He is a good guy mate but his football, particularly with Spurs wasn’t great to watch

It wasn't but I'm a weirdo, brought up on Walter Smith and Serie A, that enjoys teams that are tactically well drilled as much as expansive teams. :)

John Kennedy will be claiming that they could win the French League, after all they got a draw and a win against Lille in the Europa Groups, and they are the best team in Scotland.

I’m just hoping they don’t overtake Lille :))
Dont really take much notice of french football, but regarding lille, is it not possible that they have maybe just thrown their lot into the league.

It makes no sense for a team that cant handle ross county, being able to turnover a team with a chance of winning the french league.

Back