PSV Away Travel Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@OohAhHuistra thoughts?

For what it’s worth, you’ll 100% get one Indy so you’ve no need to panic in the slightest.

I can see it dropping to everyone being offered again in all honesty
He’s panicking. We’re both around the same points he’ll get one and I also agree with short turn around mostly everyone will, especially with people having family holidays, lack of holidays due to last season and short notice in needing holidays haha
I’m no panicking, yet.

I’ll be completely calm once we actually get word of even registering interest.

Loads of people saying they’ll need to save holidays for group stages which is completely understandable

Rather be able to do all 3 group games than a qualifier tbf. PSV would be tremendous though
Yeah, I like the qualifiers but group games are the bigger ties so it’s understandable.

I’ve got a sneaky feeling CMT won’t run though (add panic stations for others)

Yeah, I like the qualifiers but group games are the bigger ties so it’s understandable.

I’ve got a sneaky feeling CMT won’t run though (add panic stations for others)
0 chance of CTM running mate. Sports options have about 10 reasons not to run, I can’t see CTM finding a way around that without charging a fortune (more than USG type of money).

I’m no panicking, yet.

I’ll be completely calm once we actually get word of even registering interest.
You’ll be fine mate, Hibs could prove more difficult if you aren’t sorted but usually Hibs is easier but with it being start off season people aren’t bored yet.

0 chance of CTM running mate. Sports options have about 10 reasons not to run, I can’t see CTM finding a way around that without charging a fortune (more than USG type of money).
I reckon CTM will offer again but the price will be astronomical, probably same cost as USG as they’ll need to fly elsewhere and bus it in

Yeah seen about SO the other day and straight away thought CTM won’t be wanting a repeat situation and will see it best to leave it until groups

Yeah seen about SO the other day and straight away thought CTM won’t be wanting a repeat situation and will see it best to leave it until groups
I reckon CTM will offer again but the price will be astronomical, probably same cost as USG as they’ll need to fly elsewhere and bus it in
I just can’t see it. They’ve already lost quite a lot of goodwill from regular day trip users following the USG shambles. They’ll not want to tarnish their ever worsening reputation any further surely.

They were looking to use Liege airport the last time for USG and it's only 124 km away so may be part of their plan again

I just can’t see it. They’ve already lost quite a lot of goodwill from regular day trip users following the USG shambles. They’ll not want to tarnish their ever worsening reputation any further surely.
Not offering a trip is worse, need to give people an option

Not offering a trip is worse, need to give people an option
Offering a trip and then pulling out because you’ve made an arse of booking the plane is worse in my opinion. The last thing they’ll want to do is have a repeat of USG in my opinion.

Loads of people saying they’ll need to save holidays for group stages which is completely understandable

Rather be able to do all 3 group games than a qualifier tbf. PSV would be tremendous though

Getting so far last year has fucked a lot of folk for this, especially with no daytrip. Couple of lads I know how everywhere but, because their holidays run April to April they've already had to use a chunk of them for Braga, Leipzig and Seville.

As it is they are hanging off for group games.

Offering a trip and then pulling out because you’ve made an arse of booking the plane is worse in my opinion. The last thing they’ll want to do is have a repeat of USG in my opinion.
They didn’t make an arse of the plane though.

They sourced a plane big enough to cater for the numbers that registered. The uptake of those offered wasn’t enough for the original plane, so they tried to source a smaller plane which was unsuccessful

That was not the fault of CTM

Nope. Netherlands are one of the remaining countries in the western world to still have these rules in place
Flew to AMS a couple of weeks ago and Glasgow airport check in needed to see our covid vaccination paperwork before allowing us to check in. We had it ok but when I checked with KLM direct in Amsterdam they said no need so be careful of serviceair at check in as she was a coo

They sourced a plane big enough to cater for the numbers that registered. The uptake of those offered wasn’t enough for the original plane, so they tried to source a smaller plane which was unsuccessful

If they see a repeat of this again I wonder if they'll start taking a deposit from people when registering, if you're not successful then they'll refund you.

Ah, I never knew that’s what had happened. I thought it was a case of them waiting until they had enough interest to source a plane.

I still can’t see them running one for this though.

Looking increasingly likely I won't be going.

With Sports Options not doing a day trip due to the price I dread to think what CTM will come up with.. and whatever price they do come up with it probably won't run anyway.

I'll start looking into indy but I doubt I'll get decent flights and to be honest I really need to get to work on the Thursday so probably a complete no go.

Chances of similar to USG happening and anyone wanting to go on mygers will get? Took a risk and booked, on around 200 mygers points, alternative is ticket through a mate but pickup could be a bit of an interesting experience. Worst case scenario try and pick one up out there or end up in the home end. Or maybe even a pub. Don’t imagine I’m the only one in a similar situation but raging I never got to USG when I could have been. Especially after getting to braga, Leipzig and Seville. Worst case scenario there will be a group of us in a pub. Hopefully somewhere local showing the game!

With Sports Options not doing a day trip due to the price I dread to think what CTM will come up with.. and whatever price they do come up with it probably won't run anyway.

I'll start looking into indy but I doubt I'll get decent flights and to be honest I really need to get to work on the Thursday so probably a complete no go.
You can do your own ‘day’ trip mate. 20:30 flight out of Edinburgh to Amsterdam on Tuesday night, return flight back at 07:10 on Thursday morning gets you into Edinburgh at 07:35.

Wednesday off and straight to work Thursday if it’s achievable from Edin airport.

I’m working on the Thursday so it’s the 0710 KLM Amsterdam to Edinburgh for me.

Chances of similar to USG happening and anyone wanting to go on mygers will get? Took a risk and booked, on around 200 mygers points, alternative is ticket through a mate but pickup could be a bit of an interesting experience. Worst case scenario try and pick one up out there or end up in the home end. Or maybe even a pub. Don’t imagine I’m the only one in a similar situation but raging I never got to USG when I could have been. Especially after getting to braga, Leipzig and Seville. Worst case scenario there will be a group of us in a pub. Hopefully somewhere local showing the game!
I am in a similar situation albeit not a mygers member. Trying to get tickets, going to the local Dutch ticket shop at the main train station or even ending up in their end might could be an "enlightening" experience! Done it a few times abroad and been OK so far by having my wits around me but not the enjoyable of experiences! Failing that it's off to a local boozer!

You can do your own ‘day’ trip mate. 20:30 flight out of Edinburgh to Amsterdam on Tuesday night, return flight back at 07:10 on Thursday morning gets you into Edinburgh at 07:35.

Wednesday off and straight to work Thursday if it’s achievable from Edin airport.
Or the 1005 Edinburgh to Amsterdam day of game.

Another question coming back I’ve booked via Trainline 07:12 bus to boxtel 07:44
9 minute connection
07:53 train to Amsterdam Schiphol arrive 09:11

Anyone ever did a transfer at boxtel? Should I be concerned or is it literally a platform hop that will take 5 mins. Had a similar transfer lined up heading back from Leipzig and it was literally one side changing to the other

My work wouldn't know the difference if I was working abroad or from home these days. Might be worth thinking about for those who are on the fence about going with holidays etc going forward.

Another question coming back I’ve booked via Trainline 07:12 bus to boxtel 07:44
9 minute connection
07:53 train to Amsterdam Schiphol arrive 09:11

Anyone ever did a transfer at boxtel? Should I be concerned or is it literally a platform hop that will take 5 mins. Had a similar transfer lined up heading back from Leipzig and it was literally one side changing to the other
Not sure this is helpful but here we go: Boxtel only has four platforms and is relatively small. The "Sprinter" to Oss leaves at 07:42 but you need to get off at s-Hertogenbosch as there is no direct train to Schiphol, you need to get the Intercity Rail to Schiphol from s-Hertogenbosch. You have 5 minutes to make the platform hop but you only need about 2 - 3 minutes. That said, it's still pretty tight. Hope you have enough time in case things go awry.

1 of the best daytrips was when Dixon Travel did PSV in 1999.
I think it was £255 pp early flight straight into Amsterdam to spend the full day in the theme park
Bus down to Eindhoven to see The game and a late winner by Jorg Albertz- fabulous trip all in
Old git Loyal

Not sure this is helpful but here we go: Boxtel only has four platforms and is relatively small. The "Sprinter" to Oss leaves at 07:42 but you need to get off at s-Hertogenbosch as there is no direct train to Schiphol, you need to get the Intercity Rail to Schiphol from s-Hertogenbosch. You have 5 minutes to make the platform hop but you only need about 2 - 3 minutes. That said, it's still pretty tight. Hope you have enough time in case things go awry.
It’s on the Thursday and I’m on the 12:35pm Amsterdam > Glasgow … I get priority security through disability and I’m hand luggage so not expecting a big hassle at the airport once I get there. Can’t be worse than our 30 min transfer at Dublin last season haha

It's more than that going back the way I think. 3hrs 40 I seen by train and bus. Showing as 1hr 50 from airport into Eindhoven but not the other way for some reason

Taxi from Eindhoven is €125 euro. It's about 50 miles.

Other option is train to Venlo which is a tenner and taxi from there. Around 25miles from there.

I'm on this route home as mentioned on a previous post. Solo traveler so far so happy to split cost with someone.
I'll more than likely go with Weeze airport too given the price and I have to be back on the Thursday. Have you looked into taxis etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back