PSV Away Travel Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've registered for an independent away ticket but if I can't get there for whatever reason are these difficult to sell on to someone else who might have travelled without one? I'd rather sell to a Rangers fan but appreciate touts exist and the Dutch might ID check. Appreciate that's a few ifs.
If you register, buy and don't travel, there is a good chance you will be doing a fellow supporter out of a ticket and be one less Rangers fan in the stadium. That's worst case scenario depending how strict they are with ID on pick up

What makes u think that. The price?
Yeah the price.

Similar price to USG which had very low uptake.

Also with guaranteed group stage football loads will just wait and go to them instead of forking out £675 for a 24hr trip.

If you have to pick up at the location then it becomes a bit more complicated. the Dutch won't ask for separate ID, but Rangers might.
If you register, buy and don't travel, there is a good chance you will be doing a fellow supporter out of a ticket and be one less Rangers fan in the stadium. That's worst case scenario depending how strict they are with ID on pick up
That was my thinking. To me that also means I shouldn't go without one and hope to pick one up there either, which seems to be a bit more organization than you'd hope.

That shouldn't have happened. All away games are meant to be only allocated to people who have both MyGers + ST.
That's nonsense, you dont need a ST for away European games. You havent done so for years. There was a short period when the travel club changed it to ST holders only.

Sorry that's what I meant ticket through the CTM. Worded that badly.
Yeah, normally get ticket when checking into the CTM flight

So you’ll get your boarding passes and then there’s club officials near check in desk handing out Match tickets

I can’t wait to these fixtures come out. Starting a new job has made it pretty awkward been given 12 days but everyone obviously has there holidays in already.
Selfishly hoping we’re not away the first game but will just need to sort something if we are

I got intouch with the new account manager today, she said the ballot for corporate tickets was being done today.

Did she mention if you could apply for day trip? The day trips are the only thing I can do due to work commitments but since club72 was re zoned I’ve been unable to apply to get on the day trips. I also don’t get an invite to the corporate overnight trips until about a day before when all their bumchums have had their chance to get on it first

I don't think we will see the same demand as last season. The cost of living will start to bite coming into the winter months and many people quite rightly will prioritise. I reckon there will be many trips this season the will drop to low points.

Did she mention if you could apply for day trip? The day trips are the only thing I can do due to work commitments but since club72 was re zoned I’ve been unable to apply to get on the day trips. I also don’t get an invite to the corporate overnight trips until about a day before when all their bumchums have had their chance to get on it first
You can effectively do your own day trip to Amsterdam

You can effectively do your own day trip to Amsterdam

Did this for feyernoord but prefer just flying straight back after the game rather than ending up in a hotel for 3 hours before getting the 6am flight home.

Also it would make sense to open the invite up in order to fill the plane. Don’t see why we shouldn’t get the opportunity to apply like everyone else and take our chance

Did this for feyernoord but prefer just flying straight back after the game rather than ending up in a hotel for 3 hours before getting the 6am flight home.

Also it would make sense to open the invite up in order to fill the plane. Don’t see why we shouldn’t get the opportunity to apply like everyone else and take our chance
I agree, makes sense to try and fill the plane.

Understand why it’s mygers only but common sense should prevail in situations like this to prevent everyone missing out

No, I wouldn’t pay the corporate cost even if offered.
I applied for Indy through Mygers aswell but I doubt I’d have enough points anyway.

No, I wouldn’t pay the corporate cost even if offered.
I applied for Indy through Mygers aswell but I doubt I’d have enough points anyway.
Have you applied through MyGers & Corporate? We are still sitting in silver MyGers despite not accruing points but assumed Corporate was the only option.

Have you applied through MyGers & Corporate? We are still sitting in silver MyGers despite not accruing points but assumed Corporate was the only option.
I asked her during the week what the process for tickets was as last season there was ambiguity in whether you had to email and ask to be included in the corporate ballot for each even though you’d ticked every box.
I never really got a reply to that but was told the ballot would have been this afternoon hopefully.
I only applied through MyGers in the off chance it dropped right down as like you I’m only silver.
Don’t even know if they would allow me to take one or not.

1537 points and believe I’m a shoe in for a ticket!! See ppl on higher and being nervous! Think it will go down a bit with collection over there (which fairly gets the tickets and points to fans attending the games)
@cblack72 just panics all the time even with me telling him we are almost identical points and will get :))

For what it’s worth I believe you’ll be fine for a ticket also.

I asked her during the week what the process for tickets was as last season there was ambiguity in whether you had to email and ask to be included in the corporate ballot for each even though you’d ticked every box.
I never really got a reply to that but was told the ballot would have been this afternoon hopefully.
I only applied through MyGers in the off chance it dropped right down as like you I’m only silver.
Don’t even know if they would allow me to take one or not.
Would be so much simpler if they clarified the process.

1537 points and believe I’m a shoe in for a ticket!! See ppl on higher and being nervous! Think it will go down a bit with collection over there (which fairly gets the tickets and points to fans attending the games)
My mate is on 1298 and i think he should be fine?

This is part of the issue with mygers, for qualifiers it’s going to 20 points etc and you’ve got people in silver/bronze that’ll be successful for PSV

However, if it was a group game there’s no way the games would’ve dropped much lower than gold and these people would’ve missed out

At least in the old TC, going to a couple of qualifiers could make the difference to then be guaranteed tickets. In the grand scheme of things, 30 points for USG and PSV will make fuck all difference

This is part of the issue with mygers, for qualifiers it’s going to 20 points etc and you’ve got people in silver/bronze that’ll be successful for PSV

However, if it was a group game there’s no way the games would’ve dropped much lower than gold and these people would’ve missed out

At least in the old TC, going to a couple of qualifiers could make the difference to then be guaranteed tickets. In the grand scheme of things, 30 points for USG and PSV will make fuck all difference

Spot on.

Factor in those of us that now find ourselves in corporate. Previously on 9 TC points, last season did 6 Euro aways, but, as it stands, don’t know if we will be successful in the corporate ballot for PSV. Yes, could’ve moved to MyGers, but nobody would confirm points/tiers. Will give up eventually, but shouldn’t have to.

It really revisits the old argument that 15 points is no where near balanced for the effort, money, loyalty we put into these games.. really think 30-50 points would be more of a real reflection on this..

Factor in those of us that now find ourselves in corporate. Previously on 9 TC points, last season did 6 Euro aways, but, as it stands, don’t know if we will be successful in the corporate ballot for PSV. Yes, could’ve moved to MyGers, but nobody would confirm points/tiers. Will give up eventually, but shouldn’t have to.
Yup, it’s bonkers.

If they can attach criteria to Hibs away, for example, then surely they can attach criteria to European games in the future

People shouldn’t be able to get a ticket for a European semi if it’s their first game that season. It’s possible that could’ve happened last season

It would make a difference if previous attendance was one of the prerequisites a bit like they made that up for domestic aways.

Top down for those who have already been to a game then top down again for the remainder of the tickets. Once you have done a game you are in the top group for the season for points down.

I doubt that their spreadsheet could cope with that though.

It really revisits the old argument that 15 points is no where near balanced for the effort, money, loyalty we put into these games.. really think 30-50 points would be more of a real reflection on this..
I think a different tact is needed, I.e criteria looked at

Someone on 1500 points that’s attended 3/4 European games in this current season should get preference over someone on 1800 that fancies a trip to Real Madrid because we get drawn against them last group game etc

It would make a difference if previous attendance was one of the prerequisites a bit like they made that up for domestic aways.

Top down for those who have already been to a game then top down again for the remainder of the tickets. Once you have done a game you are in the top group for the season for points down.

I doubt that their spreadsheet could cope with that though.
All that’s required is a filter and someone who knows how to use formulas. If you’re telling me that a club like rangers don’t have one staff member capable of using a spreadsheet formula then that’s utterly embarrassing

In fact, maybe I’m giving them too much credit considering the Aberdeen/Hearts fuck up in 2019, caused by some moron not filtering a spreadsheet correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back