PSV Away Travel Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All that’s required is a filter and someone who knows how to use formulas. If you’re telling me that a club like rangers don’t have one staff member capable of using a spreadsheet formula then that’s utterly embarrassing

In fact, maybe I’m giving them too much credit considering the Aberdeen/Hearts fuck up in 2019, caused by some moron not filtering a spreadsheet correctly
I was wondering when you would spot the flaw in this post :))

I think a different tact is needed, I.e criteria looked at

Someone on 1500 points that’s attended 3/4 European games in this current season should get preference over someone on 1800 that fancies a trip to Real Madrid because we get drawn against them last group game etc
Your point sits well with me! As last season I went to 4 euro aways. (5 if we can count Lyon which we managed a refund when they cancelled) but didn’t get a final ticket.. yet the guys who sits near me on my bus. Didn’t bother attending anything yet got a ticket!! Ended up at the game through a different source… but defo see your thinking here aww

Your point sits well with me! As last season I went to 4 euro aways. (5 if we can count Lyon which we managed a refund when they cancelled) but didn’t get a final ticket.. yet the guys who sits near me on my bus. Didn’t bother attending anything yet got a ticket!! Ended up at the game through a different source… but defo see your thinking here aww
Fact is @Gaztrueblue you take every away as well as Euros, can vouch for that. See you in Holland.

Same, I did every trip last season apart from Dortmund as I had a positive covid test so couldn't fly. Was silver last year but managed to get on the Leipzig day trip plus did Lyon and Belgrade day trips, so a fair amount spent directly with Rangers. Didn't get a ticket by a few points yet my mate who did Braga (his only trip since the last Braga trip) got a ticket. In a position where I am now good for tickets going forward but would have saved a fortune in a final ticket if the TC was still in place!

Liverpool run a similar way - you had to do X Euro away games for a final ticket last season then a ballot between everyone who did all euro home games.

Same, I did every trip last season apart from Dortmund as I had a positive covid test so couldn't fly. Was silver last year but managed to get on the Leipzig day trip plus did Lyon and Belgrade day trips, so a fair amount spent directly with Rangers. Didn't get a ticket by a few points yet my mate who did Braga (his only trip since the last Braga trip) got a ticket. In a position where I am now good for tickets going forward but would have saved a fortune in a final ticket if the TC was still in place!

Liverpool run a similar way - you had to do X Euro away games for a final ticket last season then a ballot between everyone who did all euro home games.
It could be sorted easily if they used the previous season in the count as well

For example, first group stage away, those who done at least 4 since Brondby last season get preference top down, and then once they’re sorted top down purely based on points

It really revisits the old argument that 15 points is no where near balanced for the effort, money, loyalty we put into these games.. really think 30-50 points would be more of a real reflection on this..
Mate at your current standing you stated above the minute it got to group games if they done those points you’d be fucked for a long time man. Preferred the TC

All that’s required is a filter and someone who knows how to use formulas. If you’re telling me that a club like rangers don’t have one staff member capable of using a spreadsheet formula then that’s utterly embarrassing

In fact, maybe I’m giving them too much credit considering the Aberdeen/Hearts fuck up in 2019, caused by some moron not filtering a spreadsheet correctly
Want a laugh since mygers started I’ve now had 8 domestic away game.

Here they are -

Dundee x2
Dundee United
Livi x2
St Johnstone
Motherwell
St Mirren

Most threads about tickets and European away games are now just turning into a Mygers discussion/argument.

We’re going over old ground guys and I don’t think anything is going to change.

It really revisits the old argument that 15 points is no where near balanced for the effort, money, loyalty we put into these games.. really think 30-50 points would be more of a real reflection on this..
Its not really the answer.

Make a travel club.

Travelling far or spending a lot of money to get to a game isnt just a european game thing, plenty of bears do it to get to our home games and claiming the money spent to go away somehow entitles us to more points whilst ignoring them.

Its not really the answer.

Make a travel club.

Travelling far or spending a lot of money to get to a game isnt just a european game thing, plenty of bears do it to get to our home games and claiming the money spent to go away somehow entitles us to more points whilst ignoring them.
Totally agree.

The argument for bringing back the travel club is now getting boring. It’s gone.

Mygers is here and we need to get used to it.

Do people honestly think if the travel club was reintroduced, everyone would get their old points back?

Of course they wouldn’t. Everyone would start from ground zero and would create an even bigger argument/thread.

Totally agree.

The argument for bringing back the travel club is now getting boring. It’s gone.

Mygers is here and we need to get used to it.

Do people honestly think if the travel club was reintroduced, everyone would get their old points back?

Of course they wouldn’t. Everyone would start from ground zero and would create an even bigger argument/thread.
I agree that the arguments are getting boring but to suggest that mygers is here in any sort of constant that we have to get used to is way off the mark. They change it at the drop of a hat when something happens that a lot of people don't like.

How long did fastest finger first last? Let's change it to 3 years like we always intended, then again maybe not. People are gaming the system to get the big games since our intention was that they only applied for the games that they wanted to go to so lets introduce requirements where you have to have applied for other games too. Let's award individual points for away games until people realise that only benefits those in gold as they get most tickets so it becomes the same points for all with a weird formula.

No the old travel club points won't appear back but it's not hard to apply the same criteria to the euro games people have attended and give points to those who got a knock back so everybody doesn't start from ground zero. We know that won't happen though unless enough people whine about it in the same way it happened with the 3 years and everything else that changed.

I think a different tact is needed, I.e criteria looked at

Someone on 1500 points that’s attended 3/4 European games in this current season should get preference over someone on 1800 that fancies a trip to Real Madrid because we get drawn against them last group game etc
was the reference that was used at the meeting before we beat Braga 3-2 at Ibrox , Rangers reasoning was they had been more supportive to Rangers ( financially ) than the fan on 1500 that had been on 3-4 euro trips

What’s Eindhoven like as a city then? Got our digs booked there for 2 nights but was looking at staying in the Dam instead, but prices are alot higher.

Eindhoven got all the usual tourist attractions the Dam can offer…. :)

What’s Eindhoven like as a city then? Got our digs booked there for 2 nights but was looking at staying in the Dam instead, but prices are alot higher.

Went back in 99 when we played them,really nice city,nothing like Amsterdam from what I remember,loads of students as it has a big University.
Also has a huge Philips factory and museum.

I agree that would be fairer but You’d have to put other conditions to that also.
It’s been mentioned earlier in the thread that there are people with no season ticket but have managed to get a couple of away trips through mygers. A season ticket holder should get priority over non season ticket holder.

was the reference that was used at the meeting before we beat Braga 3-2 at Ibrox , Rangers reasoning was they had been more supportive to Rangers ( financially ) than the fan on 1500 that had been on 3-4 euro trips
That would make sense if they hadn't introduced requirements for domestic aways.

They only wanted people to apply for games that they could attend but with the requirement to apply for Livi to get Hibs someone on maximum points who couldn't make Livi wouldn't get hibs unless they did what they weren't meant to and applied for Livi.

Most of the intentions that they had for mygers have gone out the window as time goes by :))

That would make sense if they hadn't introduced requirements for domestic aways.

They only wanted people to apply for games that they could attend but with the requirement to apply for Livi to get Hibs someone on maximum points who couldn't make Livi wouldn't get hibs unless they did what they weren't meant to and applied for Livi.

Most of the intentions that they had for mygers have gone out the window as time goes by :))
Precisely! Requirements were never meant to be a thing as the club, rather naively, thought people would only apply for games they actually intended to use, and that fans wouldn’t game them system

All of a sudden requirements appear meaning that people now have to apply for a % of aways to be eligible for category A ballots (unless of course it’s Parkhead and Tynecastle in May 2022 which were just a free for all, rewarding promoted silvers :)) )

I really liked Eindhoven , lot of great bars / restaurants, very walkable place , easy to spend a nice couple days there

Also cracking musuem if that is your thing

At the risk of getting pelters, has anyone ever done a trip alone? Looking a possibility for me for this one!
Always go solo mate, meet up with mates and new faces over there, but saves me the hassle of “are these flights alright with you? cost okay? Transfer me this”

If my pals want to come they get the details and I’ll meet them there, plenty likeminded folk to drink with

Always go solo mate, meet up with mates and new faces over there, but saves me the hassle of “are these flights alright with you? cost okay? Transfer me this”

If my pals want to come they get the details and I’ll meet them there, plenty likeminded folk to drink with
I travel solo. Always meet fellow bears for a beer.

Sure that isn't the home game bud?

Edit - just realised the closing date was today for registration. I take it emails are out then?
Yes. The threshold is 1556 points initially. Tickets being posted out.

Deadline is tomorrow (Sunday) noon.

Then:

1541 or more points​
From Sunday 14 August 12pm to midnight​

1342 or more points​
From Sunday 14 August midnight to Monday 15 August 12pm​

Yes. The threshold is 1556 points initially. Tickets being posted out.

Deadline is tomorrow (Sunday) noon.

Then:

1541 or more points​
From Sunday 14 August 12pm to midnight​

1342 or more points​
From Sunday 14 August midnight to Monday 15 August 12pm​

Cheers bud.

I don't know whether it's good or bad that they have gone down to 1342 points. Anybody being offered would be daft not to buy for the 15 points

I don't know whether it's good or bad that they have gone down to 1342 points. Anybody being offered would be daft not to buy for the 15 points
It only goes down to 1342 if there are any left from the initial window and the follow-up window.

I think with the tickets being posted out, they will probably be sold out before dropping to 1342.

@Greg Marshall why has the club decided to post! Now we have ppl buying tickets to pass on, collection over there is the only fair way to sort this. I’ve missed out by 19 points.. put me in the 3 rd bracket when I know I will be in the top 500 fans properly travelling here! Transparency seems to be an issue from tie to tie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back