PSV forum

Vony Tidmar

Need better football than against Monaco, because there is little chance that the weather will go well. But our chances are also much better against Rangers, who I don't like at CL level like Monaco. Gives us more opportunities to play football. Also clear if you list the transfer values of the selections of PSV (201 million), Monaco (338 million) and Rangers (130 million).

Kent, left winger. He was also not there in the first match against the Belgians. Then you have their right back Tavernier, good player, comes up a lot (I think is also the captain). I also thought Bassey was a really important player for them, so I'm glad he's gone. And Morelos (striker) but I think he was injured, I just don't know if he played yesterday.

Scored last weekend and played 10 minutes yesterday. Is such a typical player who can really shoot you after two matches, I think that's a terrible jellyfish.

This first match at Ibrox will be especially difficult. Many teams last year that succumbed to that cauldron. I have also seen a diptych with Braga. They had nothing to contribute in Portugal and then completely lost those Portuguese in Scotland itself.

Of course everyone mentions the Europa League final because it catches the eye, but I do think that it was a big goodbye. I don't think they are that good, but they have won their matches on character. By comparison, they were kicked out of Champions League qualifiers by Malmo last year and finished second in the Scottish league.

I think it's dangerous, that underestimation of Rangers. Have a good team, comparable to PSV, often sloppy/lax in defence. Just like PSV, there are also a few good players (Morales, Kent, Tavernier) and a few who can't do so well. The away game will be crucial. If you think that the atmosphere in the PSV stadium is the pinnacle, you will experience something in Ibrox. A huge advantage that we have to get out of first. Odds really 50-50 as far as I'm concerned, will depend on the shape of the day and luck.

Easy. The greatest footballer that Rangers has ever had now plays the tiles of the roof at Ajax, so it shouldn't cause any problems for us.

Need better football than against Monaco, because there is little chance that the weather will go well. But our chances are also much better against Rangers, who I don't like at CL level like Monaco. Gives us more opportunities to play football. Also clear if you list the transfer values of the selections of PSV (201 million), Monaco (338 million) and Rangers (130 million).

Kent, left winger. He was also not there in the first match against the Belgians. Then you have their right back Tavernier, good player, comes up a lot (I think is also the captain). I also thought Bassey was a really important player for them, so I'm glad he's gone. And Morelos (striker) but I think he was injured, I just don't know if he played yesterday.

Scored last weekend and played 10 minutes yesterday. Is such a typical player who can really shoot you after two matches, I think that's a terrible jellyfish.

This first match at Ibrox will be especially difficult. Many teams last year that succumbed to that cauldron. I have also seen a diptych with Braga. They had nothing to contribute in Portugal and then completely lost those Portuguese in Scotland itself.

Of course everyone mentions the Europa League final because it catches the eye, but I do think that it was a big goodbye. I don't think they are that good, but they have won their matches on character. By comparison, they were kicked out of Champions League qualifiers by Malmo last year and finished second in the Scottish league.

I think it's dangerous, that underestimation of Rangers. Have a good team, comparable to PSV, often sloppy/lax in defence. Just like PSV, there are also a few good players (Morales, Kent, Tavernier) and a few who can't do so well. The away game will be crucial. If you think that the atmosphere in the PSV stadium is the pinnacle, you will experience something in Ibrox. A huge advantage that we have to get out of first. Odds really 50-50 as far as I'm concerned, will depend on the shape of the day and luck.

Easy. The greatest footballer that Rangers has ever had now plays the tiles of the roof at Ajax, so it shouldn't cause any problems for us.
im going to guess thats a tad generic/racist

Let this complacent attitude flow. If it goes through to the team and the build up lacks intensity it bodes well for us.

Our strengths will show against PSV as they will allow us space to play rather than parking a couple of double deckers in front of us. Glad we avoided Monaco as I think technically a very good team like Lyon last year while PSV far less technical and more closely matched to German style of football which suits us more to play.

Morelos is a terrible jellyfish.

I like that.

ie9rMbh.gif

Theyre right.
Nonsense. Next you'll be saying we are easier than Braga, who pumped Monaco last season prior to meeting us then proceeded to recieve the biggest hosing we dished out at home in all of the knock out stages we played. Which of Rangers, PSV and Monaco is ranked highest? Which of the 3 were in a European final last season? Which of the 3 have progressed from the group stages 3 years on the trot? I'll give you a clue, the answer starts with R, not P or M. We are the world leaders of downplaying our own achievements and quality of our squad. Is it going to be easy? No. Yet we will probably go in as clear favourites for the tie and justifiably so.

Also, if the translation is right and they think Bassey is one of our best ever they're in for a nasty surprise

We finished second and reached the Europa final so we aren’t that good since we lost to Malmo?

They finished second and got papped out both the CL and the Europa, so what does that make them?
Just another generic European team underestimating us.

Watched extended highlights of their game last night and thought they were a bit like us with lots of good stuff and plenty of mistakes. Their defence can definitely be seen as their weakest area. Veer man is a key player for them in midfield and they have threats up front that could trouble us. I honestly think they were very lucky to progress because Monaco hit the woodwork twice and the late equaliser by PSV was borderline offside.

You could shine a light with a one million watt bulb into the average Dutchman’s eyes and nine times out of ten, he will always underestimate his opponent.

Music to my ears.

Gio and chums will doubtless do their homework. Let’s hope the players can sharpen up further and do another job on another benelux opponent.

I reckon we need at least a 2 goal cushion going away from home. Really wish we were playing at home in the second leg, but hey-ho.

It won't be easy, but we tend to play better against teams who open up and give it a go.

USG actually got their tactics right for me, and frustrated us for the most part. A higher quality SPL-style team. Obviously they underestimated Ibrox, and the way it comes to life on big occasions, but they did play to their strengths.

I really can't understand why you'd think that, since far better teams than them folded under the pressure earlier this year.

I can't understand why people wouldn't think that. The Philips Stadion holds 35K and RVN has seen / done it all. I dont agree teams 'fold' at Ibrox, our atmosphere is 2nd to none but players are professional and used to intimidating atmospheres.

I had a trawl through earlier. The consensus seems to be that we should be easier than Monaco.
Can’t really blame them for thinking that. We thought the same against Frankfurt after beating Dortmund and Leipzig.

It doesn’t always work out that way though.

Back