Pub in Cork for Thursday?

My missus is from cork. Any time I’ve been there no one has given a flying f*ck about rangers or Celtic. If you asked them they might say the prefer Celtic, but they couldn’t care less.

She says she’s not got a clue where you could watch it. If you’re really struggling I’ll get her to ask her family for you.

To be honest if your staying in a hotel and it's quiet and they have the channel I'd say they'll put it on.

I was in Wexford a few weeks back and they turned the NI game over to show the England game ffs

To be honest if your staying in a hotel and it's quiet and they have the channel I'd say they'll put it on.

I was in Wexford a few weeks back and they turned the NI game over to show the England game ffs
I'll probably try that but I'll take my firestick with me just in case.

My only experience of Cork people was a crowd of them staying in the same hotel as me in Alcudia years ago. Every single one of the Bastards were IRA supporting vermin. Loud as feck, always wearing celtic stuff and always pissed. Put me off ever going anywhere near that shithole.

My only experience of Cork people was a crowd of them staying in the same hotel as me in Alcudia years ago. Every single one of the Bastards were IRA supporting vermin. Loud as feck, always wearing celtic stuff and always pissed. Put me off ever going anywhere near that shithole.
All them green and grey Sambas must of bin horrific for you to look at pal.
Fkin stinking cnuts.

Cork had a significant Protestant community. IRA terrorist ethnic-cleansing drove most of them out.

Graham Norton's family were from there. His Who Do YouThink You Are show was most enlightening. His old great Aunt was staunch as fúck, she lived opposite the Chapel and would crank out old 78s of God Save the King and orange songs on her gramophone next to the open window when they were going into mass.
Norton was once asked how bad it was growing up openly gay in county Cork in the 70s. His reply was that it was nowhere near as bad as growing up openly Protestant.

I know this is most likely a ridiculous ask but does anyone know a pub that I can safely watch the Sparta game on Thursday in Cork?
'Safely Watch' are the operative words here. Cork is only outdone by some of those barstewards who reside in Dodge City, (Dundalk) and its pubs. More likely pubs in in the Republic will show Legia Warsaw v Leicester (paying homage to Brendan Rogers) which is on at the same time, 17.45.

Radio commentary might be the safe option but even then there is BBC Scotland bias to contend with. The Steven Davis last minute goal against Malmo clearly upset Sportsound's commentators, host and analysts.

Graham Norton's family were from there. His Who Do YouThink You Are show was most enlightening. His old great Aunt was staunch as fúck, she lived opposite the Chapel and would crank out old 78s of God Save the King and orange songs on her gramophone next to the open window when they were going into mass.
Norton was once asked how bad it was growing up openly gay in county Cork in the 70s. His reply was that it was nowhere near as bad as growing up openly Protestant.

The stories I've read of the persecution of Protestants by the IRA in Cork, especially Bandon, are sickening.

Most hotels will put it on, no idea if the Grand Lodge in Tuckey Street has a bar attached to it.

I remember getting told fans tried to set up a supporters club years ago and got too much hassle from the local csc and gave up.

I know this is most likely a ridiculous ask but does anyone know a pub that I can safely watch the Sparta game on Thursday in Cork?
True story mate. I was working there for a week a few years ago. Rangers were playing Copenhagen in the champs league qualifier. I walked into a pub got a pint and asked if they were showing the Rangers game, pub went silent and I was asked to leave. Ended up back in the hotel room with a 6 pack tuning into teletext. :))

My missus is from cork. Any time I’ve been there no one has given a flying f*ck about rangers or Celtic. If you asked them they might say the prefer Celtic, but they couldn’t care less.

She says she’s not got a clue where you could watch it. If you’re really struggling I’ll get her to ask her family for you.
well said!southern irish people mostly embarassed by the parkhead paedos and don`t give two fucks about them.

One of the best weekend breaks I ever had was in county Longford.
We actually went to (nervously in my part) the Saturday night in the local bar where they played folk music
When we were there the guy in the band actually said that "We have people from the north in tonight so we don't want to offend them" which was nice but being paranoid as %^*& I immediately thought that with my accent that I'd been singled out.
Needn't have worried no one seemed to give a fúck and as many of their songs were in Gaelic , we wouldn't have known anyway. Nor would most of the people there bar the band, come to think of it.

Funny how opinions vary, I worked with a woman who was married to a guy from Cork, he was a rhabid as were all his friends and family, heavily into the mhanks. I met a cockney on holiday a couple of years ago in Majorca, he was living in Cork for 6 months working , we got blethering at the bar, wasn’t long before the conversation shifted to football, and he said ‘Celtic yeah’ I of course put him right, he laughed and said just about every single person he has met or spoken to in Cork supports Celtic.

Funny how opinions vary, I worked with a woman who was married to a guy from Cork, he was a rhabid as were all his friends and family, heavily into the mhanks. I met a cockney on holiday a couple of years ago in Majorca, he was living in Cork for 6 months working , we got blethering at the bar, wasn’t long before the conversation shifted to football, and he said ‘Celtic yeah’ I of course put him right, he laughed and said just about every single person he has met or spoken to in Cork supports Celtic.
That's my experience with people from the free state. Hear your accent and want to know if you support rasellick.

Back