Pub in Manchester City Centre on Sunday?

giffnockloyal

Official Ticketer
Going to the Etihad for City v Arsenal game on Sunday and was looking for somewhere to go afterwards to watch the Chelsea v Utd game.

Slight drawback is that I will have my 14 and 16 year old boys with me.

Going to the Etihad for City v Arsenal game on Sunday and was looking for somewhere to go afterwards to watch the Chelsea v Utd game.

Slight drawback is that I will have my 14 and 16 year old boys with me.
I posted in the lounge that I'm going down to Manchester in a few weeks and was looking for decent bars ,restaurants etc.

One of the posters replied that he is down there regular.He may be able to help if you check out the thread

Growler is the poster

I used to live in Manchester for 8 years and when I left in 2012 there lots of good bars but only a couple of half decent ones that would show football.

The pubs near the ground are a bit rough and ready/local.

I would try Yates Wine Lodge in Portland Street, Walkabout on Peter Street or Baracuda at the corner of Oxford Road/Portland Street.

Edit - Baracuda no longer there.

The green on ducie street, near Piccadilly station is a big sports bar. Watch a few gers games in there. It's not bad.

Go to the Palatine Inn, Edward st Salford. it's near to the prison.. £4 Taxi from Victoria station...kids will be OK.

One of our own runs it ..

Tib street tavern.
This. Watched the Rangers v Saints game in there last season. Was watching it on my phone and the manager noticed and put the game on the tv next to our booth. Everyone else was watching Liverpool against Swansea.

Back