Public consultation on new flats at Ibrox

9 pages so can’t easily get a summary of what’s going on.

Has the land been sold by Rangers? Will this development restrict the growth of our plans surrounding the stadium? Do our Board have questions to answer?

Surely this is where club 1872 should be earning their corn.
Are club 1872 going to spend money to bring in new players ?

The heart and hand daily update on this yesterday totally missed the point of peoples anger on this. Listening to it you would have thought Rangers were helpless to this happening and it was a council decision. No mention of it actually being our land which we are obviously choosing to sell and cutting down the already sparse parking we have.
Nobody will give a f**k what happens outside the ground as long as we start winning again.

Supporters are there to support the team on the pitch. None of our business what happens outwith that, unless their pocketing rangers money.

What a shitey comment.

Yes some of C1872s money, and our money, gets spent on players.

Whats your point?
I've made the point. You stick to the team and keep yer neb out the other things. Unless you sit on the board and have ploughed in a wedge.

Hells bells those flats are fecking shite looking. Why would anyone buy a flat across from any football stadium bearing in mind the chaos on match day.

They must be needing a short term injection of cash. No money to build multi storey car parks etc.

Personally I'd always try and Monetize the assets for the long term and not sell for one off sums as once you've sold it its gone.

3 or 4 hours a day, maybe 30 days a year on average? Not much to be bothered about.

3 or 4 hours a day, maybe 30 days a year on average? Not much to be bothered about.
My brother stays right at Mount Florida station and it's a nightmare when games and concerts are on. Also have a mate who stayed in the street behind the school opposite Ibrox and you really had to be home and parked up for no later than 5.30 on a midweek game or else you had to park a ways away from the flat.

The heart and hand daily update on this yesterday totally missed the point of peoples anger on this. Listening to it you would have thought Rangers were helpless to this happening and it was a council decision. No mention of it actually being our land which we are obviously choosing to sell and cutting down the already sparse parking we have.
Yeah I thought the same after listening to the daily update, was kind of a puff piece that never mentioned anything about the club selling the land or what the fans might think about it. I came away thinking it was a GCC decision?

My brother stays right at Mount Florida station and it's a nightmare when games and concerts are on. Also have a mate who stayed in the street behind the school opposite Ibrox and you really had to be home and parked up for no later than 5.30 on a midweek game or else you had to park a ways away from the flat.

Minor inconveniences 30 days out of 365, far less at Hampden. And the exclusion zone will mean residents get parked no bother.

Yeah I thought the same after listening to the daily update, was kind of a puff piece that never mentioned anything about the club selling the land or what the fans might think about it. I came away thinking it was a GCC decision?

Im hoping heart and hand have been told officially or unofficially the reason for the potential sale and deem it to be good business, hopefully tied in with some positive news about the Ibrox footprint.

Hoping anyway as david and the boys usually have their fingers on the pulse with the feelings of the rangers support and it did seem odd to me that it wasnt questioned why we were looking to sell land.

Bet you said the same shit in 2012. Its our club.
The fans are not major shareholders. I said as long as they're not dipping into the takings, alls well with me.

If they get money out of this and it goes to the upkeep of the ground and the team, that's fine by me. We are there to support a football team, not getting involved in what happens with a car park.

Did they ask the fans decision on castore, no and neither should they.

The fans are not major shareholders. I said as long as they're not dipping into the takings, alls well with me.

If they get money out of this and it goes to the upkeep of the ground and the team, that's fine by me. We are there to support a football team, not getting involved in what happens with a car park.

Did they ask the fans decision on castore, no and neither should they.
Not having that.

The club should be looking to expand not sell off land that rules expansion out

Can't lie. I was a bit disappointed more questions weren't raised on the issue. Perhaps it's down to the fact that it will impact more on some than others. Great content though - they do a fantastic job overall.

That picture is bad. The new flats are nowhere as close to Ibrox as the pic makes out. They are in fact a good way off to the side and whoever made up that picture used 30 pound software so it must be a papish imager.

Expand to where and what? Am I missing something here or are we not talking about what happens on the pitch anymore. Called me old fashioned if you like, but I'll leave these things to the men running the club.
You've way too much common sense mate, and clearly very limited ambition if all you want is to be winning trophies again?! To be fair, I also missed the part in our objectives about us owning all real estate within a one mile radius of the stadium, for the purpose of feck knows what?! I'd be quite confident in the Rangers men running our club wanting pretty much the same for our club as most of us. Also, unlike most of us, some of them have invested a fair amount of their hard earned in the pursuit of that success.

You've way too much common sense mate, and clearly very limited ambition if all you want is to be winning trophies again?! To be fair, I also missed the part in our objectives about us owning all real estate within a one mile radius of the stadium, for the purpose of feck knows what?! I'd be quite confident in the Rangers men running our club wanting pretty much the same for our club as most of us. Also, unlike most of us, some of them have invested a fair amount of their hard earned in the pursuit of that success.
Expand to where and what? Am I missing something here or are we not talking about what happens on the pitch anymore. Called me old fashioned if you like, but I'll leave these things to the men running the club.

Where to even begin with pish like this.

All I can say is thank god some supporters learned lessons from 2012, and won’t take anything for granted again.

All I can say is thank god some supporters learned lessons from 2012, and won’t take anything for granted again.
Over to you then. Let's have your business plan for turning over millions and getting a team capable of winning trophies. Im not interested in planners,architects or the local landscape gardener.

How about some plans to get a decent atmosphere in the stadium, it been that dire for a long time. You should make that top of your list.

Over to you then. Let's have your business plan for turning over millions and getting a team capable of winning trophies. Im not interested in planners,architects or the local landscape gardener.

How about some plans to get a decent atmosphere in the stadium, it been that dire for a long time. You should make that top of your list.
Oh it is. But the board aren’t interested in that whatsoever, so we’ll just need to accept that - because they’re the almighty power above us. :rolleyes:

That part of the city is a complete nightmare for parking on any random Tuesday night never mind when an event is on. The streets are far too narrow, and there aren't enough spaces for all the households.

https://reglasgow.com/large-flats-complex-in-the-shape-of-two-horseshoes-proposed-for-Ibrox-site/

The schematic shown here gives a sense of how much of the site will still be used as a carpark. Will we continue to own that?

I think the development looks sympathetic to the stadium, personally. It'll be important to hear more.

Who

Who’s taking anything for granted? Do you wake up every day expecting it to be raining? What have our current Board done to breach your trust in them?

Who

Who’s taking anything for granted? Do you wake up every day expecting it to be raining? What have our current Board done to breach your trust in them?

Exactly! They were savvy enough to manage to negotiate a new multi million pound retail and merchandise deal a couple of weeks ago without the input and assistance of a bunch of supporters on a forum. They’re a professional board of directors tasked with the everyday running of a successful business. That involves making decisions that they don’t need to run past us lot.If they think it’s a good bit of business can we not take that at face value and not call for their heads, especially when no one knows the ins and outs of the deal?!

No one disputes that and they have earned right to make decisions with what they have put into the club....... But what that can lead to is a short sighted vision..... If the decision has been made that its not worth expanding Ibrox due to cost and selling this land then it stops it ever being feasible when cost could come down.

Longer term this means as a club we stagnate at the size we are or move grounds purchasing the land around the stadium although can seem pointless would allow for further development in the future

We could have put own fan zones etc there is a balance to be had with community and land but all you need to do is look at what the scum have done since Fergus took over they have bought every bit of land possible around the stadium....... Knock down price or not it is a longer term growth strategy that is opposite to what we are doing.

I

The club and facilites get expanded.

You can be old fashioned if thats what you desire mate, many of us want to be progressive.

Mental case three names getting in on the speculation now. If there was ever any doubt he had an FF login, wonder no more

‘Suffice to say your Humble correspondent is endeavouring to ascertain’ blah blah fcuking blah.

Was this cuntmuffin born in the 19th century or what, who even talks like this?

Or dont tell me its some weird clever 19th Century Terroristy way to speak to show how intellectual he is, i cringe deep inside when i read his regurgitated sevco p1sh.

Back