Pubs in Bearsden for Hamilton game

Rule Britannia

Official Ticketer
Me & the Mrs staying at the Boclair House Hotel in Bearsden tomorrow. Looking to watch the game somewhere before checking in. Can anyone recommend somewhere showing the game nearby?

Me & the Mrs staying at the Boclair House Hotel in Bearsden tomorrow. Looking to watch the game somewhere before checking in. Can anyone recommend somewhere showing the game nearby?
2z3rs6s.jpg

Nice hotel , you will enjoy it .Stayed there once with Mrs BB . Lovely accomodation. As previous have said , the Station Bar at Bearsden train station.

There's a new pub opened up at the cross called, er, The Pub. Just next to the bank of Scotland facing the primary school. Opened as a sports bar I believe so they will have it on.

There's a new pub opened up at the cross called, er, The Pub. Just next to the bank of Scotland facing the primary school. Opened as a sports bar I believe so they will have it on.

Think they only have Sky Sports. They've got Sky Sports advertised outside but not BT.

Edit. Talking shite, they're saying on Twitter they're showing today's game

Big weekend of Sport at @Thepubbearsden , Scotland take on France in the rugby, and Super Sunday is a cracker , Hamilton v Rangers and Man Utd v Liverpool , . See you's over the weekend.

Hill foot station a couple of minutes walk from Boclair house get on train to milngavie ( one stop) & go to the Ellangowan, you'll be among friends

Changed days! In my day there were no pubs in Bearsden, and the Boclair House was the cooncil building.
Hillfoot Loyal.

Like yourself, I lived in Bearsden in the 1970s before there were any pubs at all in the place.
Someone tried to get permission to open a pub just off Drymen Road near the Cross but the application was chucked out, with the main objection being that it would encourage the mechanics from the garage (that was there at that time) to get drunk :(
A couple of years later a pub (Abbotsford) did open up in the old Council Estate at Nithsdale Crescent.

I remember back in the days when Bearsden was regarded as the posh part of Drumchapel.
All you see now is people in Barbour coats and wellies walking their labradoodles and cockapoos up and down Kinfauns Drive;)

The Station is always about 75% Rangers / 25% Celtic when the Old Firm games are on. Bearsden/Milngavie are big Rangers areas, plus its on the trainline to Partick to swap to get the subway to Ibrox.

Last time I was in was the Villarreal 2-2 Rangers game, a Celtic fan watching the game in his away top started singing songs and the wee woman behind the bar started screaming at him, picked him up by the collar and chucked him out, his poet pals had to leave with the whole pub looking at them.

Still to give “the pub” a bash. Guy that runs it is an ex squaddie and by the sounds of it one of us.

The station is alright but the mixed crowd can be annoying at times.

I didn't know this about The Pub owner.
will give it a try.

Cant get my head round how that place will ever work though.
Possibly the highest rateable value location in the west of Scotland
The place is tiny
And the surrounding pubs are near empty most of the time, the station does a bit of a turn, 55 mostly empty, Massimos is very much hit or miss with numbers.

Anyway I hope the lad makes that The Pub work.

Still to give “the pub” a bash. Guy that runs it is an ex squaddie and by the sounds of it one of us.

The station is alright but the mixed crowd can be annoying at times.

We watched the 1st halh of the NY fixture in The Pub, it was about 90% them in there.

Left at half time and went down to The Station which was rammed and I'd say about 80/90 Bears. You'd hardly have noticed the mix...saying that they were getting battered so all quiet.

We watched the 1st halh of the NY fixture in The Pub, it was about 90% them in there.

Left at half time and went down to The Station which was rammed and I'd say about 80/90 Bears. You'd hardly have noticed the mix...saying that they were getting battered so all quiet.

Was it?
That's disappointing
But then they had no fans at the game, and a lot of them get allowed out on licence during the festive period.

Used to live above shops at Bearsden Ross and nearest pubs when I was old enough or nearly were old Burnbrae and Bar in Allendar Sports Centre. Sounds like very different Bearsden now

Back