Pubs in Boston to watch Rangers PSV?

Think Rangers TV will be your only option if it's USA. There will be plenty showing it no doubt but the decent part might be hard to come by.

It's not on RangersTV.

A bar with Paramount+ is the best option. There used to be a Boston RSC but unfortunately it's no more.
Neither it is. Paramount+ is a good shout. As I had said, it will be on in plenty of pubs but whether they are Gers friendly is anyone's guess, bordering on unlikely. I am sure there will still be a load of Rangers fans in Boston as well still.

Neither it is. Paramount+ is a good shout. As I had said, it will be on in plenty of pubs but whether they are Gers friendly is anyone's guess, bordering on unlikely. I am sure there will still be a load of Rangers fans in Boston as well still.
Surely a plastic Paddy yank will do the square route of f**k all if there’s Rangers fans watching a Rangers game? They probably won’t even notice?

Surely a plastic Paddy yank will do the square route of f**k all if there’s Rangers fans watching a Rangers game? They probably won’t even notice?
You are probably right. Just need to get used to every pub being absolutely covered head to toe in green.

Best bet is probably the Phoenix Landing. Most Brits I know here watch games there. As other posters have pointed out, it's plastic paddy land, so getting it on Paramount+ with a carry out is probably your best bet.
Are you here on holiday, work or live here? I live in Newton a few miles west of Boston (really just a suburb but it is classed as its own city). Unfortunately I'm working that day and will only be watching on my PC if I get a chance, or I'd be up for a pint and watching it with a fellow bear

Folk saying Boston is full of that lot, so won’t be showing the game.

FFS if there’s one thing we know for sure, it’s that every one of the mhanky hordes will be tuned into our game.

Whether you want to watch it with them is up to you!

I always find where there isn’t a RSC there’s an opportunity for a new one to pop up!
%^*& we have one in Dublin, why not Boston!
Double it up as a New York Rangers Hockey club which I’m sure will go down a storm

FFS if there’s one thing we know for sure, it’s that every one of the mhanky hordes will be tuned into our game.

Exactly mate, there will be a sports bar somewhere infested or otherwise. We will take what we get when it comes to watching Rangers when you’re on a different continent at silly o’clock

You will be very,very lucky to find anywhere,in that Plastic city.
I refused to go there for years because I believed this. It’s actually total nonsense. It is no more Irish than any other American city. I really enjoyed it there. Great seafood.

If you can find out which American channel is broadcasting the EL and any bar with cable should be able to stick it on for you

I refused to go there for years because I believed this. It’s actually total nonsense. It is no more Irish than any other American city. I really enjoyed it there. Great seafood.

If you can find out which American channel is broadcasting the EL and any bar with cable should be able to stick it on for you

This. I've been going there for business over the years.
Great city, great bars and restaurants, friendly people and the only Celtics they care about is their bbl team.

Almost 50% Irish bud. You have got to be extra careful where you there.
has been since the tottie famine.I know the Irish pubs there use to have donation boxes,”Donate a dollar,kill a British soldier”They are as plastic as the scum in Glasgow.

Love the USA and have been over there many times but as others have eluded it’s a heavily pro Irish catholic community so I always avoided. Best of luck though and hope you manage to find a Gers friendly bar to watch the game.

It's 20%. Less than Glasgow?

Used to live in Boston, it's a great place, more like the UK than any other city on the East Coast. You'll not get any hassle, the Irish Americans wont know who Rangers are and the Irish Irish wont care.

Watched a lot of games in pubs, only time I saw anybody getting hassle was a Scotland game. A couple of Irish Americans complaining about a Scotland flag because it was a "Brit" flag. Braindead Southie Irish American types, soon kicked out by the staff.

Paramount+ is not a TV channel, it’s a streaming service. It’s not a given that most sports bars will have it. They will need a device to stream from and a paid subscription to Paramount+. I think it would make sense to check a few places out and ask in advance.

That said, our game on Wednesday is being shown on the TUDN USA TV channel. Presumably with Spanish commentary. There may be some bars who have the TUDN USA channel even if they don’t have Paramount+

It's not on RangersTV.

A bar with Paramount+ is the best option. There used to be a Boston RSC but unfortunately it's no more.
I was in Boston in 2007. I contacted that RSC in September to watch the Champions League game against Stuttgart (2-1 Rangers). Despite the bar they used being quiet, Ed at the club had set up the satellite equipment so I could watch the game. Great memories.

has been since the tottie famine.I know the Irish pubs there use to have donation boxes,”Donate a dollar,kill a British soldier”They are as plastic as the scum in Glasgow.
I know the history and I dare say these places exist but they are in no way the majority. Granted I only visited the West end and Back Bay Area but I honestly didn’t see a single plastic paddy pub, nor a tricolour

Cheers Bar's still there, on the tourist tram / bus route.
I had a couple of beers and lunch there with the family a few years back.

OP, there's plenty sports bars will show the game. Just call ahead and ask them to confirm they have Paramount+, will put the game on for you. Great city for a visit.
Great city to visit as you say, being on the level makes for an easy walk too.

Thanks for all the comments bears. Land in Boston this afternoon so will scout out a few sports bars and update this feed if I get any joy so future Bears know where to go!

Flight to Heathrow,quick change and fly to Glasgow.Bus into city centre and subway to Ibrox and head to the Louden.
Use them or lose them

I presume you must be talking about recently

I haven't been near the place since the 90's - so I've no idea how it's changed since then

Based on my experience back in the day - nobody could possibly make the comments you've made

I haven't been near the place since the 90's - so I've no idea how it's changed since then

Based on my experience back in the day - nobody could possibly make the comments you've made
Five or so years back

I just spent a week in Boston, driving my car with an RFC crest on the back window and license plates that say "THE GERS" without any hassle, other than my plates being from New York. One guy asked me if I was a Yankees fan and when I said no, he replied with, "Then welcome to Boston!"

It's a great city - much cleaner than NYC.

Scout out some sports bars and ask if they have Paramount+. If so, they'll gladly put it on for you if you're buying a couple of drinks.

If you're near the Seaport area, The Boston Sail Wharf is an excellent wee restaurant on the water and very reasonable too! We also ate at a British Pub one night, "The Elephant and Castle" - food was good. They have TVs, not sure if they have Paramount+.

Ignore everyone on here who has obviously never actually been to Boston. You'll have a great time!

I was just there at the beginning of this month, mate and had an excellent time. Not the first time I've been to Boston either.

Not as much "that lot" causing the game to not be shown, but I think it may be hard to find somewhere with a Paramount+ subscription.
I mentioned the Phoenix Landing in an earlier post, another that springs to mind is The Greatest Bar, loads of English go there to watch the Euro's and the WC.
I reckon one of these bars that has a history of showing big football games is the best bet to find a Paramount+ subscription

I just spent a week in Boston, driving my car with an RFC crest on the back window and license plates that say "THE GERS" without any hassle, other than my plates being from New York. One guy asked me if I was a Yankees fan and when I said no, he replied with, "Then welcome to Boston!"

It's a great city - much cleaner than NYC.

Scout out some sports bars and ask if they have Paramount+. If so, they'll gladly put it on for you if you're buying a couple of drinks.

If you're near the Seaport area, The Boston Sail Wharf is an excellent wee restaurant on the water and very reasonable too! We also ate at a British Pub one night, "The Elephant and Castle" - food was good. They have TVs, not sure if they have Paramount+.

Ignore everyone on here who has obviously never actually been to Boston. You'll have a great time!
Totally agree. Spend lots of time in Boston for business. At 3pm or so local time when the game is on any decent sports bar will show the game. There will be no local live sport on then so should be good assuming the bar has the right channel. You’ll get no bother at all.

Have some crab cakes with your Boston lager.

I worked with a plastic paddy Bostonian who told me with a straight face he can trace his Irish family tree back to Newcastle Upon Tyne

I worked with a plastic paddy Bostonian who told me with a straight face he can trace his Irish family tree back to Newcastle Upon Tyne
When I first moved to Boston I was in my local bar on Paddy's day. They go way overboard for it. The manager said we've got Irish pipers coming in. So in comes these 2 plastics in Irish kilts with pipes and start playing. The crowd are loving it. They played for about an hour, every single tune they played was Scottish, no one was any the wiser

Boston is a fantastic city. The food there is fantastic! Just look for a bar with Paramount plus and you’ll be sorted. City is full of the fake ones but you can ignore them as they’re irrelevant.

Back