Pundits

Midfield General

Was out in the motor today and had RC on for a bit.They were talking about European fixtures and Keevins praises the other teams says Rangers should have beat RedImps because they could not beat any Scottish team,of course they did beat his favourite team,probably the old tramp was just fishing.
What really does my head in is when Dalzell says,Sporting Lisbon,I don't really know much about them.What thefuk is he getting paid for, that is his job a quick Google search will provide you with any information you need.
These guys should be providing details we don't know. Faking rsholes.

Was out in the motor today and had RC on for a bit.They were talking about European fixtures and Keevins praises the other teams says Rangers should have beat RedImps because they could not beat any Scottish team,of course they did beat his favourite team,probably the old tramp was just fishing.
What really does my head in is when Dalzell says,Sporting Lisbon,I don't really know much about them.What thefuk is he getting paid for, that is his job a quick Google search will provide you with any information you need.

Heard a bit of the phone in on Thirsday or Friday can’t mind which night. Sounded as if he was talking to Halliday but could have been a regular Rangers punter? Talking about Morelos and the question was Alfie or Ally as if choosing Ally like I’m sure 100% of Rangers fans would was some kind of black mark against Morelos????

It shouldn’t be too much to expect professional analysis, given that these people are paid to comment on football but sadly the level of pundits and journalists in this country is on a similar level to the level of mp’s in the diddy parliament.

Scotland is a country where people often get ahead based on allegiances, rather than ability.

Heard a bit of the phone in on Thirsday or Friday can’t mind which night. Sounded as if he was talking to Halliday but could have been a regular Rangers punter? Talking about Morelos and the question was Alfie or Ally as if choosing Ally like I’m sure 100% of Rangers fans would was some kind of black mark against Morelos????
Ime just glad we have/had them both.I have reliable info that when they are short of callers they will get somebody,usually Keevins to say something controversial to hook punters in.If these guys had any talent you would want to tune in but they are basically boring amateurs.

Dalziel is this countries version of Clinton morrison. Sounds like a toddler that's just learning how to string sentences together and Is as thick as pig shit to boot. Ashamed that he once played for us.

You dont need to know a thing about Sporting Lisbon to know they will easily beat Aberdeen.

Dalziel doesn’t even know wit century it is never mind about anything to do with football. Think he’s been hammering into delahunts wee stash all too often

I would like to regularly tune in to a good broadcast discussing Rangers and Scottish football, but the rank bad punditry makes it unbearable.

Rangers is Scottish football IMO, no Rangers means nothing to talk about.

I get that line of thinking. I am similar, but for every 90% of Rangers chat I wouldnt mind 10% of (good) Scottish football chat. Partly because it's the market we play in so I kind of feel obliged.

These programs have more or less died. Its generally only cranks or plants that call along with 'regulars'. Dont listen, you will feel so much better. Download some of the many Rangers podcasts, listen to them in the car instead. You might not like them all, but you will find at least one you like.

I get that line of thinking. I am similar, but for every 90% of Rangers chat I wouldnt mind 10% of (good) Scottish football chat. Partly because it's the market we play in so I kind of feel obliged.
I kind of get what your saying mate but we are despised by the majority of the clubs and all of the fans outside of our own.

I can’t see it changing anytime soon.

We need to reclaim the title and get back to our rightful position in Scotland.

1st mistake the op has made is listening to the show in the 1st place, however, quite how a complete no mark as Gordon Dalziel is employed by anyone to discuss football is beyond me.
not exactly a player of distinction or someone who can relate to or give an up to date insight into the modern dressing room.

A case of jobs for the boys if ever there was one.

Dalziel isnt the brightest it can be said.

Not sure i agree much with that point mate, if a google search tells you important details then everyone listening can do the same.... hes there to talk up Celtic for beer money and stay clear of any controversial stuff like for example the refs cheating all the time.

Heard that beat the pundit one night, Your so called Scottish football expert never knew who Motherwell played the night previous.

All these pundits forget that.
Theres far to many of them in a country of 5 million with 2 football teams and a national team that has been rank for 35 years
Rangers is taboo now in Scotland unfortunately and can’t see it changing anytime soon.

I’m old enough to remember when there was mutual respect between us and Celtic and the rest of the league.

Even watching Scotland was enjoyable back then.

Rangers is taboo now in Scotland unfortunately and can’t see it changing anytime soon.

I’m old enough to remember when there was mutual respect between us and Celtic and the rest of the league.

Even watching Scotland was enjoyable back then.
Same with me, born in the 60s, and would say its when downhill in the past 20 years.

Not sure i agree much with that point mate, if a google search tells you important details then everyone listening can do the same.... hes there to talk up Celtic for beer money and stay clear of any controversial stuff like for example the refs cheating all the time.
No problem mate,I just think pundits should do their job,the Google reference is a minimum,as you say anyone can do it.They should know a lot more detail.If any one else went to their work and said I don't really know much about this wouldn't last long.

Back