Punter makes great point about Rangers memorabilia collecting during the lockdown

As an anorak level collector , I can’t agree with op ,
A lot of the time now there is a lot more items avalaible , roughly 1000 new rangers related items on eBay alone on a daily basis
But not seeing the dramatic hike in prices

I suspect you’ll pick most of it up for buttons round about September when the proper job losses commence.

I’ve a whisky collection that as of March was worth around £20k.

Any calculations I’m doing the now on future budgeting / keeping a roof over our heads im valuing it at £8k on the basis of people flogging their stuff off to get some cash in.

Haha my mate who deals in player stuff like boots, tops for both us and them said he is doing a roaring trade.

I managed to get an original Italy 86-90 training top in pristine condition for £60 and he was saying I mugged the sellers as every thing he has is going for double or more it usually does right now.

I suspect you’ll pick most of it up for buttons round about September when the proper job losses commence.

Any calculations I’m doing the now on future budgeting / keeping a roof over our heads im valuing it at £8k on the basis of people flogging their stuff off to get some cash in.
Wow you must have some nice whiskies. What’s your rarest or top 3?

My experience training gear goes for more money than shirts , with the exception of pre Adidas and special editions

Where do you live? :))

I don't understand that.
The heyday of programmes was twenty years ago.
I have thousands and you can't sell them nowadays.
There’s been bears on here giving them away. There’s no money in them. I think the guy may being a little economical with the truth

Few years ago I sold some, but gave away hundreds for nothing, the market went down hill rapidly.
The problem with football programmes is they lost their charm.
When they became huge shiny magazines that were made by big publishing organisations and they all began to look the same, the localised authentic and organic aura that gave them their original appeal vanished.
Plus they became too large to store and took up too much room.
At least that is what I felt about them.

The problem with football programmes is they lost their charm.
When they became huge shiny magazines that were made by big publishing organisations and they all began to look the same, the localised authentic and organic aura that gave them their original appeal vanished.
Plus they became too large to store and took up too much room.
At least that is what I felt about them.

Yip my loft ceiling was about to collapse. They had to go.

Don't really follow this argument at all. People obviously want the items and have as much right to go for them as anyone else I would've thought.

You're misunderstanding the argument. Or perhaps the twitter chap is explaining himself badly.

The point which I think he is making is that there's been a huge surge in interest and supply in memorabilia online in the last month - presumably as people tidy up their homes and offer items and others spot items they've always wanted but never gotten around to tracking down.

Markets fluctuate over time then settle down - we're seeing a wee feeding frenzy just now - it will calm down again and perhaps stabilise at a different rate than what prevailed before.

As an anorak level collector , I can’t agree with op ,
A lot of the time now there is a lot more items avalaible , roughly 1000 new Rangers related items on eBay alone on a daily basis
But not seeing the dramatic hike in prices
I’m sitting on a big loss overall for my items based on what I paid for them versus what I think I would get these days. But that’s over many years, with markets that have moved up and down and at the end of the day I don’t collect to make money. That would be a business. I collect because I love the items I have.

Might make more of us collectors of our clubs memorabilia. Plus may help raise funds for our fans that are selling in a time of need. Win win.

If you're on Facebook or Twitter look up Rangers Retro Shirts.
Both the one's you are after come up quite often on there but you'll be looking at well over a £100 for each.
The lilac european top is going for nearly £200 these days !

If you're on Facebook or Twitter look up Rangers Retro Shirts.
Both the one's you are after come up quite often on there but you'll be looking at well over a £100 for each.
The lilac european top is going for nearly £200 these days !
Sack that.

I bought them about six year ago for £40. But when I left the ex I stupidly forgot to grab them. Her and her maw threw them out.

A hunner quid?

Nah

I've bought a few rare programmes over the last couple.of months,Rangers vs Moscow Dynamo 1945 friendly was the highlight,been after it for years,got it on Ebay for £50,usually goes for around 75-100

Where are people getting 20-70 quid for programmes?
I’ve got about 500 programmes maybe more a boy on twitter gave me for free. Not had a chance to properly look through them due to storage but all the 92-93 champions league ones are there. Wouldn’t dream of punting them, duplicates on the other hand for 20 quid a pop ? :)

Had a heap of programmes but kinda lost interest in collecting & sold them as a job lot to a trader when I moved house - think it was Steve Earl or something like that. Not sure how popular they are these days but the price has sure gone up!

Or swallying it out of depression in which case you’re quids in

Back