Punter makes great point about Rangers memorabilia collecting during the lockdown

gzOyZ3e.gif

Can be interpreted in a couple of ways.

A) People have ruined the buyer’s market by paying OTT prices for stuff just have it, thus denying the ‘serious’ collectors.

B) He’s not happy about hoovering everything up for pennies and now he’s going to have to pay over the odds for them.

In essence, dry your eyes...

Have noticed the hike in prices too. Seen an old centenary scarf go for £102 on eBay last week. Never seen one go for anywhere near that price before

Initial reaction to the post is it's a bit 'gatekeepy' tbh, but I'm not a collector in the slightest. A few years back I got a Rangers vs Ferencváros programme for my missus' old man as a gift. Got it framed for him, he put it up on his living room wall. Cost about a tenner at most.

Been looking into buying old retro kits recently but I can't justify that level of money at the moment. I've had mates tell me that they'd picked up old tops for a relative pittance before all the SD and Ashley stuff happened. Think most clubs are the same now though, retro stuff is in fashion and folk are buying up all the gear. Mental to think folk gave them away to charities in Africa back in the day. Probably some lad in South Sudan cutting about with 92/93 Rangers away top with no clue.

I suspect you’ll pick most of it up for buttons round about September when the proper job losses commence.

I’ve a whisky collection that as of March was worth around £20k.

Any calculations I’m doing the now on future budgeting / keeping a roof over our heads im valuing it at £8k on the basis of people flogging their stuff off to get some cash in.
A whiskey collection may only be worth £8k to you now in order to keep the wolves from the door. But, if you can retain it in full then it is priceless to you as it’s your collection. I bet a lot of research, distillery trips, tasting and bidding went into it-that is what a whiskey collection is, not necessarily the monitory value but memories.

I don't understand that.
The heyday of programmes was twenty years ago.
I have thousands and you can't sell them nowadays.
I sold a cup final on ebay for 29 quid the other day. BTW, that's my OP from twitter. I've got tickets stubs worth 5x as much.
To anyone that believes they're still getting memorabilia for the same price, please find me a purple Adidas kit, blue and orange striped Adidas and 92/93 champions league top for under 200quid finished price on ebay. These were 80 quid a few months ago,i got a purple at 52 less than 5 months ago. 1 signed photo of graeme Roberts for 39? 150quid for a Richard gough signed photo? Nope, a fair few of you are definitely right, there's been no hike in price, people are always desperate to pay 600 for a signed Laudrup top and 150 for a signed gough photo

I sold a cup final on ebay for 29 quid the other day. BTW, that's my OP from twitter. I've got tickets stubs worth 5x as much.
To anyone that believes they're still getting memorabilia for the same price, please find me a purple Adidas kit, blue and orange striped Adidas and 92/93 champions league top for under 200quid finished price on ebay. These were 80 quid a few months ago,i got a purple at 52 less than 5 months ago. 1 signed photo of graeme Roberts for 39? 150quid for a Richard gough signed photo? Nope, a fair few of you are definitely right, there's been no hike in price, people are always desperate to pay 600 for a signed Laudrup top and 150 for a signed gough photo
This want my choice to sell it at this price too, I bought a job lot of programmes last year and there were a few cup finals that didn't
BTW, The cup final I sold, I didn't set the price, it was bidded to that, I bought a job lot of programmes and there were a few cup finals without rangers in, so I put them on ebay.

It
He just sounded it in the tweet mate.
It's my tweet, mate. I'm not even buying atm as I won't spend money when I have no income but thanks to a few selfless people the market has soared. Buy it now prices on eBay for the likes of the lilac top or any addidas top for that matter were ranging from 80 to 130 depending on how greedy the seller was. I watch and have saved searches on ebay for over a hundred items and I get emailed daily with new listing. The ones I was watching at the 110 mark as I was waiting literally a few days for an 80 or to win an auction at 50 60 yet a few auctions went at 200+.all of a sudden the ones I've been watching from saved sellers are now 200 to 300 buy it now and can you blame someone who's selling for upping there prices because 3 roasters paid 300 quid.

It

It's my tweet, mate. I'm not even buying atm as I won't spend money when I have no income but thanks to a few selfless people the market has soared. Buy it now prices on eBay for the likes of the lilac top or any addidas top for that matter were ranging from 80 to 130 depending on how greedy the seller was. I watch and have saved searches on ebay for over a hundred items and I get emailed daily with new listing. The ones I was watching at the 110 mark as I was waiting literally a few days for an 80 or to win an auction at 50 60 yet a few auctions went at 200+.all of a sudden the ones I've been watching from saved sellers are now 200 to 300 buy it now and can you blame someone who's selling for upping there prices because 3 roasters paid 300 quid.

Fair play mate.

I didn't mean it as an insult. It must be frustrating for you when everybody jumps on the bandwagon.

Fair play mate.

I didn't mean it as an insult. It must be frustrating for you when everybody jumps on the bandwagon.
No drama mate. Look everyone's entitled to do and spend as they please but a minority that have thrown money about without checking the market or value have rocketed the prices. I don't blame any seller for taking advantage of the market, where I collect it doesn't benefit me at all as I don't collect to sell on and make a profit. I do it because I enjoyed it as a kid and I'm obviously subconsciously still doing it to remain younger in my mind lol

How much would the Official Italia 90 program in Italian, or the Official Rangers Annual 1992 be worth. Good condition, no tears but slightly soft corners. :))

There is a fantastic and fair Rangers collectors club that meet at Copland house before each home game and run a Facebook page with great price for programme s \ signed material \ tops

I bought a signed gazza top for £70 (I’ll admit I think I got lucky that day) I’ve seen the same top, unsigned going for over £100 since lockdown, it’s mental.

If it’s a rarer programme it will always sell and at prices commensurate with it’s scarcity. Rangers are still one of the better collected clubs in the U.K with enough serious collectors to keep prices up for wanted items.

No drama mate. Look everyone's entitled to do and spend as they please but a minority that have thrown money about without checking the market or value have rocketed the prices. I don't blame any seller for taking advantage of the market, where I collect it doesn't benefit me at all as I don't collect to sell on and make a profit. I do it because I enjoyed it as a kid and I'm obviously subconsciously still doing it to remain younger in my mind lol

Sounds a bit like me and my constant urge to buy NES games!!

I hope the market improves for you mate.

6 AC Milan European aways and finals on Ebay which includes rangers in 1957 for £50 odd quid for anyone interested, I want the milan one however no interest in the others so not paying that.

I thought you weren't allowed to ask on here for books, etc.

I was looking for the 1953 and 1956 Grand Lodge of Scotland Year Books , thread disappeared

I always keep old tops. I recently sold this Man City top for £110 on ebay:

Dw-ta_DW0AAVtba.jpg

Although I’m gutted that I threw these out when I had a ruthless cull of clothes when I bought my first house, I saw the Barcelona one going for £400 on one site! (Not an actual picture of my top, mine didn’t have the CL badge but did have Kappa logos on the sleeve stripes.

FCB9495HSSL-10-V1202-600x600.jpg

eng_pl_1994-95-BORUSSIA-DORTMUND-SHIRT-L-125274_1.jpg

Back