Q: Players travel to training COVID rules?

Blue Phoenix

Official Ticketer
Anyone know what the rules are for professional players travelling to training. Had it in my head that either St. Mirren or Kilmarnock were hammered for players car sharing. Is this allowed or not - anyone know?

Anyone know what the rules are for professional players travelling to training. Had it in my head that either St. Mirren or Kilmarnock were hammered for players car sharing. Is this allowed or not - anyone know?
I think it was St Mirren who were found to have breached protocols due to car sharing into training.

The whole car sharing and stuff that has gone on with players is a total joke. The players are in a bubble, there is no reason why they shouldn't all be able to travel together, or even visit each others house tbh. Issues only arise when they go outside that bubble to pubs, clubs, or other people homes.

Last edited:
The whole car sharing and stuff that has gone of with players is a total joke. The players are in a bubble, there is no reason why they shouldn't all be able to travel together, or even visit each others house tbh. Issues only arise when they got outside that bubble to pubs, clubs, or other people homes outwith the bubble.
Add on top of that the fact they're tested twice weekly at a minimum.

It's worth noting that not following these guidelines isn't an offence in itself.

Those teams were hammered at the time because some players caught Covid and caused games to be postponed. That led to the investigation and those issues being highlighted.

However, teams can take those risks if they like, but the guidelines are there to try and minimise outbreaks. If they make an ar*e of it, they deserve the fines and all the rest, but like just about any walk of life, clubs will cut corners and get away with it.

The whole car sharing and stuff that has gone on with players is a total joke. The players are in a bubble, there is no reason why they shouldn't all be able to travel together, or even visit each others house tbh. Issues only arise when they go outside that bubble to pubs, clubs, or other people homes.
The problem is many players, as you go down the division, will have wives, girlfriends, etc who will be going out to work.

Its a strange question. What has the op seen?
Few carloads of team in full training kit arriving at a car park earlier. One car had driver plus two passengers and another one had driver and another - all in full kit. Not a team I have a gripe with so I'm not saying too much about who and where and I'm not the sort of nosey bastard that takes pictures. They are a league team though and I thought it a bit odd. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that they must have checked this out - maybe flatmates?

Few carloads of team in full training kit arriving at a car park earlier. One car had driver plus two passengers and another one had driver and another - all in full kit. Not a team I have a gripe with so I'm not saying too much about who and where and I'm not the sort of nosey bastard that takes pictures. They are a league team though and I thought it a bit odd. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that they must have checked this out - maybe flatmates?
Dont rock the boat

The rules are a total joke and have not made one jot of difference.

Despite leagues being played all over the world, not one example of a player getting CV19 on a football pitch.

The Governments are all total arseholes and have stolen a year of our lives for a virus that seems to be highly transmissible in nursing homes and hospitals.

I've just had an illegal game of football with 11 other adults. Why are we putting up with this charade?

Rant over :)

It's not allowed unless players live together. It's to minimise the close contact between players where possible.

Surely sat in the back seat with a mask on and window down would be more than fine even for Covid fearties, you can still ride a taxi and there would be no difference

It's not allowed unless players live together. It's to minimise the close contact between players where possible.
That clears it up. Cheers. In all likliehood they probably share a flat. Quite young guys so that would make sense.

You can train and play without social distancing, but nowhere else.
I’m aware of that.
It’s the “why?” that my question is about.
There is a fifteen minute guidance/rule regarding interaction which would be broken on a car journey but not celebrating a goal.
That’s the basis of my question.

I’m aware of that.
It’s the “why?” that my question is about.
There is a fifteen minute guidance/rule regarding interaction which would be broken on a car journey but not celebrating a goal.
That’s the basis of my question.
I think the 15 minute thing plays into it, as does ventilation.

The government advice suggested if car sharing have all the windows open. I'd like to see you enjoy that car journey at 70 miles an hour in the rain, or snow

Back