Qatar WC2022 - fans perspective

Mustang mad

Having just read this on the bbc site, I get the feeling its not the overwhelimgly negative experience they hoped to report on.

On the section covering LGBT etc. Has any fan from that community bothered to explain why they would not feel safe going to Qatar? Do they imagine getting off the plane, unfurling a rainbow flag and loudly proclaiming their preference - then getting lifted? Why could they not just go and watch football and keep their sexuality to themselves? Not seen or heard of any heterosexual people proclaiming themselves.

Sexuality is supposed to be private ,! Considering 30 yrs ago a transvestite would’ve been a thing to mock , if they want to dress as a woman , can’t they just do it at home

The hookers offering their services in the bar in the Marriot Friday night to me and others weren't paying much attention to the needing to be wed before sex carry on anyway.

I had a great 3 nights, spent a few quid but was an alright place and the positives far outweighed the negatives I experienced. Not surprised a German fella had something negative to say, beer was dear but you could get one quick at the Fan Park. Metro was very good as was getting to the Stadiums. Atmosphere was alright in Ground (England v Senegal), wasn't crap or amazing. Different experience all in all and one I enjoyed.

The hookers offering their services in the bar in the Marriot Friday night to me and others weren't paying much attention to the needing to be wed before sex carry on anyway.

I had a great 3 nights, spent a few quid but was an alright place and the positives far outweighed the negatives I experienced. Not surprised a German fella had something negative to say, beer was dear but you could get one quick at the Fan Park. Metro was very good as was getting to the Stadiums. Atmosphere was alright in Ground (England v Senegal), wasn't crap or amazing. Different experience all in all and one I enjoyed.
Oh aye?

Dirty dog.

Was a better piss up than most I have in Britain these days!
Friend of a friend moved out there in August. he is early 30s, PE teacher. At the school where Gianni Infantino sends his daughter. he has been sending pics and vids from inside the stadiums and fan parks- all looks ace. He sent a pic this morning from the golf course, he had bumbped into bastian Schweinsteiger!!!
Gut is loving life out there by the looks of it.

Friend of a friend moved out there in August. he is early 30s, PE teacher. At the school where Gianni Infantino sends his daughter. he has been sending pics and vids from inside the stadiums and fan parks- all looks ace. He sent a pic this morning from the golf course, he had bumbped into bastian Schweinsteiger!!!
Gut is loving life out there by the looks of it.
Was an alright place. Probably grind on you after a bit if you like a beer regular but for the time I was there it was alright, decent bars in the Hotels and metro was sound. I enjoyed the fan park. One thing the whole place wasn’t was utter hell which many seemed to think it would be! Many top Clubs in Europe could learn from how they got people to and from the grounds in all honesty.

Metro this way
attended 7 games , organisation has been brilliant, beer is expensive but it is at any event you attend, no complaints from me

don’t believe all the negative Lineker crap.

Having just read this on the bbc site, I get the feeling its not the overwhelimgly negative experience they hoped to report on.

On the section covering LGBT etc. Has any fan from that community bothered to explain why they would not feel safe going to Qatar? Do they imagine getting off the plane, unfurling a rainbow flag and loudly proclaiming their preference - then getting lifted? Why could they not just go and watch football and keep their sexuality to themselves? Not seen or heard of any heterosexual people proclaiming themselves.
Have never asked anyone their sexuality at a match. We fans don't care.

The west is slandering Qatar because they are gutted the Arabs have bought the world cup and the left wing west have no leverage whatsoever to stop them

Metro this way
attended 7 games , organisation has been brilliant, beer is expensive but it is at any event you attend, no complaints from me

don’t believe all the negative Lineker crap.
Get yourself to the Penthouse Bar in the Saraya Corniche if still there mate. Was £5.50 a beer, pints of Bud, bottles of Cider etc..

Floor below had a bar full of locals in their traditional dress, playing pool and drinking pints of Heineken - was surreal to see. Over the moon I went, would love to go back out.

Back