Qatar world cup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd assume there won't be much of a break at the end of next season. But you are correct ain't seen anything announced.

If Scotland don’t qualify then the only teams that’ll have many players at it will be us and them. Maybe the SFA will take a decision when they know how many players will be missing and if it doesn’t go over a certain threshold it might just be BAU

It’s complete folly for Qatar to be hosting a World Cup.

Hostile climate, even in winter.

World football schedules disrupted.

You won’t find it easy to get a drink, maybe impossible.

If you can get a drink it’ll cost a fortune.

Only really affluent fans have a chance of going to this.

This happening because there are those in FIFA getting their palms well greased.

This happening because there are those in FIFA getting their palms well greased.
wont be buying a round now :D

Like when there was controversy around Russia, it’ll go off without a hitch and it’ll be looked at fondly.

Qatar will reach the semi finals with dodgy VAR as well. Lol

I'm actually in Doha at the moment. You can get a drink and rumour is that they will ease the drinking laws and reduce the prices for the world Cup. As it is right now its working out at £6.80 a pint. The main problem I see is the locals will hate having thousands of pissed up fans running around with tops off causing mayhem. I nearly got lynched in a government medical building for wearing knee length shorts. I had all the security guards trying to throw me out. Another rumour is they will make fan zones away from city centre to keep everything in one place. I can see it being a disaster to be honest. The stadiums look the bomb though.

Rules will most likely be relaxed for the WC month
Qatar airways fly several times a week to Doha from Edinburgh.

I was in Doha last month and saw a fair bit of the city and the island.

From a fans point of view if you want to there is the potential to go to 2 maybe 3 games a day as I dont see much drinking and street partying going on so that will be the only thing to do. You can literally see from one stadium to the next.

Oh aye and it was £14 for a bottle of Heineken in my hotel

If you are a total football geek and want to try and attend as many games as you can this is the world cup for you

I was in Doha last month and saw a fair bit of the city and the island.

From a fans point of view if you want to there is the potential to go to 2 maybe 3 games a day as I dont see much drinking and street partying going on so that will be the only thing to do. You can literally see from one stadium to the next.

Oh aye and it was £14 for a bottle of Heineken in my hotel

If you are a total football geek and want to try and attend as many games as you can this is the world cup for you
any beaches ? holiday type resort?

A country with a population of half of scotlands hosting a World Cup in the middle of winter , ruining the domestic season .

I wonder why it’s happening in such a place ? Couldn’t be money could it
The world has always been corrupt.

Inside the game of football, money has always changed hands in corrupt transactions and we have always known it went on, however, it was performed under the table and carried on well out of plain sight.
Nowadays corruption by certain elites takes place in front of our faces and is often done with a smirk towards the public, yet we seem unable to hold this corruption to account or even bring the forces of the press and media to bear in shaming it.

Animal Farm was no piece of fiction, it was instead an instruction manual to the elites of today.
Suck it up mugs!

I'm actually in Doha at the moment. You can get a drink and rumour is that they will ease the drinking laws and reduce the prices for the world Cup. As it is right now its working out at £6.80 a pint. The main problem I see is the locals will hate having thousands of pissed up fans running around with tops off causing mayhem. I nearly got lynched in a government medical building for wearing knee length shorts. I had all the security guards trying to throw me out. Another rumour is they will make fan zones away from city centre to keep everything in one place. I can see it being a disaster to be honest. The stadiums look the bomb though.
Think the drinking laws are the least of that backward countries worries they should be changing.

Got to laugh at all the taking the knee rubbish yet the FIFA happy to ay there and the players happy to participate.

plus a strict Islam country

The issue is, they’ll have been given the tournament on the understanding alcohol will be permitted and knowing different cultural dressing standards will be visible

Unsure how they’ll enforce the dress code considering majority will wear shorts and there’ll be woman in shorts/tshirts

I can’t even remember who are in Scotland’s WC group?!
The only way that Scotland could qualify if my next door neighbour Gordon, the 1970s British Eurovision entrees..The Brotherhood of Man and Rylan from the Cinch TV ads were in the same group!!!

any beaches ? holiday type resort?
Not really, i was on the 76th floor of the intercontinental hotel in a suite which was bigger than my house.

Just massive sky scrapers and big shopping malls. Bars are in hotels and I will bet you come the world cup it will be residents only in each bar so you will be stuck in the one place

Not my cup of tea at all.

The stadiums look brilliant and there is a metro system which looks first class. It has the infrastructure no doubt about it to be a success but the culture out there means the bars and restaurants side of the trip which are every bit as important to a fan are non existent.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the champions league and europa league as well as the dates for world cup fall under the last 2 group matches.

I would imagine the winter break will be scrapped and it will be a busy schedule with 2 games a week to catch up.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the champions league and europa league as well as the dates for world cup fall under the last 2 group matches.

I would imagine the winter break will be scrapped and it will be a busy schedule with 2 games a week to catch up.
one legged knockout games until the semi finals apparently

also a big pile up of league games in december to accommodate this nonsense

Was it not that corrupt Platini and the rest who 'awarded it ?

Great. Given the heat etc, it must be the worst place to play in.

Money talks.

Alcohol will be avai
The issue is, they’ll have been given the tournament on the understanding alcohol will be permitted and knowing different cultural dressing standards will be visible

Unsure how they’ll enforce the dress code considering majority will wear shorts and there’ll be woman in shorts/t
Walk down any street in Doha and you will see people walking down the street in shorts above the knee,

I can’t even remember who are in Scotland’s WC group?!
The only way that Scotland could qualify if my next door neighbour Gordon, the 1970s British Eurovision entrees..The Brotherhood of Man and Rylan from the Cinch TV ads were in the same group!!!
Denmark Austria Moldova Israeli
Still to play Denmark and Austria away

Wouldn't be surprised if its a market research exercise with a view to setting up something else.

Maybe a summer world cup and a winter world cup every other year or something like that. Europe and Americas getting the summer ones and then Asia and Middle East getting winter ones.

Maybe this will just be a one off novelty idea.

Whatever the truth is there will be money at the heart of it.

Wouldn't be surprised if its a market research exercise with a view to setting up something else.

Maybe a summer world cup and a winter world cup every other year or something like that. Europe and Americas getting the summer ones and then Asia and Middle East getting winter ones.

Maybe this will just be a one off novelty idea.

Whatever the truth is there will be money at the heart of it.
I reckon the disruption to the National leagues, certainly throughout Europe, will stop them repeating this mistake.

But it's amazing what a few judiciously distributed brown envelopes can achieve.

It will be the normal season played upto Sunday 13th November 2022 at least, day before player release for it then probably take a break well the top level of it in most countries and mostly played into June 2023 and that will probably have a slight effect on 2023/24 season as well

End of September for one International break 2 games going the International Calendar before it as well

The past year will a good test on how the scheduling goes as well both Domestic and European competition wise around Europe

Runs from Monday 21st November to Sunday 18th December

They plan on setting up fan zones with subsidised alcohol available & also alcohol for sale in the stadiums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back