Qatar World Cup

Mr Meeseeks

With the World Cup taking place at the end of November and through December this season has there been any decision made on if the league will stop for it? If they do will the season start earlier/ finish later and winter break scrapped? I would assume that the same would happen with European games, the last group stage game this season was the 9th of December and the first World Cup game is scheduled for the 21st of November.

With the World Cup taking place at the end of November and through December this season has there been any decision made on if the league will stop for it? If they do will the season start earlier/ finish later and winter break scrapped? I would assume that the same would happen with European games, the last group stage game this season was the 9th of December and the first World Cup game is scheduled for the 21st of November.
Yes the League will stop, no start date yet for Scotland but likely last weekend of July intend to play 16 rounds before w/e of 12th November last game before breaking, starting again on 17th December in Scotland from the early reports of it season continues into late May 2023, Winter break unsure but doubt it

European dates for group stage

MD 1 m/w September 6th
MD 2 m/w September 13th
MD 3 m/w October 4th
MD 4 m/w October 11th
MD 5 m/w October 25th
MD 6 m/w November 2nd

International Break - September 19th-27th

We will need to ask the filth when to play these fixtures as the SPFL leave these things to them .

If Japan qualifies, the Filth wouldn't be able to field a team, so it'll be whatever they tell their place men they want.

Picking Qatar for a WC in December sums up the corrupt shambles FIFA is.

Yes the League will stop, no start date yet for Scotland but likely last weekend of July intend to play 16 rounds before w/e of 12th November last game before breaking, starting again on 17th December in Scotland from the early reports of it season continues into late May 2023, Winter break unsure but doubt it

European dates for group stage

MD 1 m/w September 6th
MD 2 m/w September 13th
MD 3 m/w October 4th
MD 4 m/w October 11th
MD 5 m/w October 25th
MD 6 m/w November 2nd

International Break - September 19th-27th

Can't see any way we have a winter break. World Cup will be the break for 99% of the SPL players unless Scotland make it

Absolutely farcical time of year to have it.
I love the World Cup, its probably my favourite single Sporting occasion but for the first time I have zero interest.

Aside from the dubious hosts the time of year is beyond insanity and its the worst example of modern sport being sold off at any price to the money men.

Back