QPR statement on taking the knee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said and long overdue. Hopefully many more clubs, who let's face it are simply going through the motions with this now, will follow their lead. It's a purely symbolic gesture which has long since lost any impact it ever had. If anything, people are getting heartily sick of having this message rammed down our throats and it's become counter-productive.

With no measurable end goal , I’d end them now then have them when their is an incident to show the feeling then. Doing it from now until the end of turn loses its impact, I can say I barely notice it now as it’s just the norm. Also as you here it’s done pre kick off, isn’t impacting the game as a protest as it did in the early EPL games

About time someone spoke out and started the ball rolling to stop this nonsense.
Actions make changes, taking the knee doesnt.
Les is right to stop it and to also comment on it.
Sport, and football in particular, gets used far too much to peddle the political aspects of these movements. How many people are going to be faux offended by this act? The same ones who would run a mile if asked to make some positive changes rather than pathetic sound bites and actions.

Strong statement. No doubt some white, educated, left leaning half wit will tell him he's wrong across various social mrdia channels.

That one statement is better than x amount of weeks of players taking the knee. It need to be organisational change where clubs don't need to worry about the consequences of walking off the park, but do have to deal with their own supporters who continue to act like morons.

It won't be a popular voice or opinion at the moment but anyone who takes the time to read the statement can't disagree with a word of it. Taking the knee should only have been the starting point for the discussion and used to get people to buy into it. That has happened, now they have the buy-in, the difficult part starts where the authorities/media etc need to come up with an action plan. If they're lazy, they'll just take a potshot at QPR to grand stand.

When do we stop doing it in Scotland or is it to go on forever? Haven’t read anything about this in a while.
I don’t mind teams kneeling but I’m a bit meh.

What really grates are including it in the highlights of every fucking game as though it’s something new and unique. That the bbc do this and yet still employ presenters who racially abused Rangers players sticks in my throat. Hypocritical c units

Ditto Sky with their BLM propaganda forced down our throats every 5 minutes. Talk about jumping on the bandwagon. It’s as though racism is new- if they really felt so strongly they’d have been highlighting it for years. They’re doing it for their own pr - not because they give a flying %^*&

Strong statement. No doubt some white, educated, left leaning half wit will tell him he's wrong across various social mrdia channels.

That one statement is better than x amount of weeks of players taking the knee. It need to be organisational change where clubs don't need to worry about the consequences of walking off the park, but do have to deal with their own supporters who continue to act like morons.
White, educated, left leaning halfwits? Sounds like half the population these days. Most jumping onto causes when it suits them and ripping the arse out of the Veuve Cliquot the other 6 days of the week.

PrlTPaD.gif

There were some posters on here falling over themselves to label our fans as racist for not wanting our team participating in this pointless PR stunt.

Wonder if they'll make an appearance on this thread?

They show up before the "All Lives Matter" crew admit any mistakes ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back