QPR want Beale as manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all Beale takes the adulation from us for being the master tactician that keeps SG on the right path, they haven't exactly set the heather alight in the EPL or with us in the first part of the season this year. Perhaps a fresh approach is exactly what Gerrard needs to get more from his team.
They don't seem to have the players that are suited to the system they want to play. Will be interesting to see who they recruit this summer.

If Mr Beale had any ambition as a coach/manager he would be away, he has loads of experience to try and succeed as a coach/manager I wish him the best whatever he chooses, as for how would gerrard cope without him? There’s a reason he has one of the biggest support networks in football

Wonder if he'll make a good manager or if he's just a very good coach (like Ian Cathro).

Also be interesting to see how Gerrard adapts without him.

Aww aye most likely. At the same time he doesnt strike me as much of a dick as bowyer n would be happy to see boys go onto bigger and better things.
Charlton were getting £3.15 million less than what his development was worth i'd say any words coming out of Charlton carried a weighted gripe ....... much like Gers fans have a gripe about Gilmour or this lad Wilson just this week.

Charlton were in 3rd tier of English football so £3 million is a lot of money

If Mr Beale had any ambition as a coach/manager he would be away, he has loads of experience to try and succeed as a coach/manager I wish him the best whatever he chooses, as for how would gerrard cope without him? There’s a reason he has one of the biggest support networks in football
Thoroughly agree, Team Gerrard could work perfectly well without SG.

Charlton were getting £3.15 million less than what his development was worth i'd say any words coming out of Charlton carried a weighted gripe ....... much like Gers fans have a gripe about Gilmour or this lad Wilson just this week.

If he stayed in England would they have got more money then?

Wonder if he'll make a good manager or if he's just a very good coach (like Ian Cathro).

That’s an interesting comparison.

Cathro absolutely bombed at Hearts but has been at wolves and Spurs as assistant (whilst being at Newcastle etc before the Hearts shambles)

If he is offered it and doesnt take it all the stuff about wanting to be his own man one day etc was nonsense and will stay in the comfort zone of gerrards shadow forever. I really hope he takes the leap and smashes it.

Shocked that one never worked out

“If anyone has any information on the whereabouts of our father, please come forward”

_92853855_13164677.jpg

Its either going to go really well or really Ian Cathro. I really hope it goes well for him, speaks highly of the club and the players we have.

Again like I and many have said it will be interesting to see the impact that has on Gerrard and Villa.

Were Beales tactics really that good? Take away the 55 season we weren’t exactly great.
Gerrard seemed to think so he always went to him for advice when he seemed to be struggling with what to do.
Ultimately they got found out a bit as unlike GVB they were too rigid in the formation and struggled change it, GVB makes changes throughout the game.

I think Michael Beale will do well wherever he goes

Gerrard may well be screwed without him

To be fair i thought the same about us, especially in Europe, when they left for Villa. Gio, tactically, was an upgrade on what we previously were doing, in Europe anyway. A change of first team coach may actually benefit him.

Were Beales tactics really that good? Take away the 55 season we weren’t exactly great.
I think the tactics are that good, sadly either a lack quality in the team to apply it after Christmas, or an individual defensive collapse has held us back in games we should have had won.
Gio has taken care of that in someways by dropping John in to the back line when we need it, and to be honest, that’s why I believe Gio is going to take us further faster!

Just speculation, but by all accounts, Beale was the least keen of Gerrard's group to leave Rangers. Settled here etc.
Could that have sown a seed with Beale, to become his own man, and he'll decide where he and his family live?
Instead of just being part of Gerrard's package, and following him?

Yeah the money was definitely the root of the dissatisfaction but Bowyer went well over the top slagging off Rangers. The same thing happened I seem to remember when Windass and Crookes were signed from Accrington Stanley when that cricket commentator David Lloyd went ott with the criticism. I don’t recall any Rangers fan though saying Chelsea were a shite club in a shite league when Gilmour went there.

It‘s the rule that’s let’s players cross border for nothing that should be complained about not the people taking advantage of it.

Just speculation, but by all accounts, Beale was the least keen of Gerrard's group to leave Rangers. Settled here etc.
Could that have sown a seed with Beale, to become his own man, and he'll decide where he and his family live?
Instead of just being part of Gerrard's package, and following him?

He was happy here, moved his family here, I think he stayed on the outskirts at the north, so a nice bit of the country on his doorstep.

Good luck to him.

I'll be honest and say I've never understood the hype Beale gets on here but it will be interesting to see how he gets on.

Hope he goes, opens the door further for him coming back here as manager.
We should be looking at bigger and better mangers ffs.

I dont understand this obsession FF has with Beale becoming our manager.

Good luck to him.

I'll be honest and say I've never understood the hype Beale gets on here but it will be interesting to see how he gets on.
It was his tactics that turned us around from being a side that crashed out of Europe to a bunch of semi-professional Luxemburgers into a team that consistently reached (and won in) Europe after December.

I'd be interested to see how Gerrard gets on without him.
I'd think he would need to bring in another coach.

It seems fairly widely accepted he wasn't a training ground coach when he was with us leaving the day to day training and management of the squad to MB.

There are certainly the rumours that he was vert rarely even at the training ground towards the end of his stint.

If that's the case then SG will know that he will need to make a big appointment there.

Paul Clement would have a been a good one for him but he is doing a similar role for Lampard.

It was his tactics that turned us around from being a side that crashed out of Europe to a bunch of semi-professional Luxemburgers into a team that consistently reached (and won in) Europe after December.
We were also awful to watch for large parts of Gerrard & Beales time here. We looked clueless for spells under them.

Anyway I'll watch with interest.

I genuinely think Gerrard will struggle immensely if Beale leaves for QPR. I am not actually sure Gerrard has much in the way of management ability. When left on his own to make calls he seemed to struggle.

However, time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back