Queens Park Chucked Out Scottish Cup

So do squads need to be registered in the Scottish Cup similar to how we have to do it in Europe?

Seems incredibly harsh. I could understand if he was cup-tied having played for another club in the competition but this seems harsh on Queens Park.

Rules are rules though I suppose. Well, depending on who they will affect obviously.

So do squads need to be registered in the Scottish Cup similar to how we have to do it in Europe?

Seems incredibly harsh. I could understand if he was cup-tied having played for another club in the competition but this seems harsh on Queens Park.

Rules are rules though I suppose. Well, depending on who they will affect obviously.
Only players registered with the club at the time of the original tie can play can play in the game if it re-arranged

Notwithstanding the angst about the Dhims v Hearts Cup Final rolling over into the next season, Queens Park have nobody to blame but themselves here. Its not like one of those where a players suspension hangs over from previous years and gets 'missed'. They only signed the player in question in the lead-up to the game, they should surely have been aware enough to check if he was eligible. Dumb mistake.

QP are a shambles organisation at the moment, although you wouldn't know it looking at the league table.

Notwithstanding the angst about the Dhims v Hearts Cup Final rolling over into the next season, Queens Park have nobody to blame but themselves here. Its not like one of those where a players suspension hangs over from previous years and gets 'missed'. They only signed the player in question in the lead-up to the game, they should surely have been aware enough to check if he was eligible. Dumb mistake.
They could have popped into sfa office from theres which is probably along the corridor

That depends who you are
Aberdeen, Celtic Hearts and Hibs all played players that previously not not part of the original sqaud

That was done as the Scottish FA amended the rules and made it public knowledge it wasn't right

The following changes to the cup competition rules were also agreed for the remaining fixtures in the competition:

• Players who have previously played for another team during the 2019/20 competition will not be cup-tied.

Absolutely.

However I’ve always thought that football and their registrations system are in the dinosaur age.

There’s no reason why team lines etc can’t be populated electronically, and when an ineligible player is added to the team a “red flag” warning will be displayed on the system and not allow the teamsheet to be submitted by the club.

I’m not into gaming but my teenage son says it’s like this in FIFA games for Xbox etc. (players injured, suspended etc)

Nevertheless - an embarrassing situation for Queens Park.

Absolutely.

However I’ve always thought that football and their registrations system are in the dinosaur age.

There’s no reason why team lines etc can’t be populated electronically, and when an ineligible player is added to the team a “red flag” warning will be displayed on the system and not allow the teamsheet to be submitted by the club.

I’m not into gaming but my teenage son says it’s like this in FIFA games for Xbox etc. (players injured, suspended etc)

Nevertheless - an embarrassing situation for Queens Park.

All the Championship Manager, then Football Manager games were like this. The software existed on a Packard Bell. That's how behind the times the SFA find themselves.

As for Queens Park. If only they had some sort of precedent to cite.

Does that mean the tims will be stripped of the cup they won after fielding players not even signed prior to the postponement , but the fact the final was played pointed to the SFA's hope and desire for another treble which of course we know was the plan. Have they ever won a treble untainted , or any competition for that matter , without the help from the usual suspects..?

How does this even happen ?!

Very poor administration that.

Ineligible players in lower leagues is rife. Go look at the likes of the Juniors too
Across the East of Scotland leagues theres been 6 already :):

* Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale have been deducted 0 points. Ineligible player 3 December - result reversed (3 points deducted)
* Oakley United have been deducted 3 points. Ineligible player on 3 December
* Vale of Leithen have been deducted 3 points. Ineligible player on 12 November
* Edinburgh United have been deducted 2 points. Ineligible player 17 September
* Stirling University have been deducted 3 points. Ineligible player 6 August
* Livingston United have been deducted 3 points. Ineligible player 7 January

Football needs to get up to date with itself. The transfer windows should really remove the cup tied rules and signing dates as clubs only have a narrow window to sign players rather than being able to sign the player in November and avoid this issue.

Does that mean the tims will be stripped of the cup they won after fielding players not even signed prior to the postponement , but the fact the final was played pointed to the SFA's hope and desire for another treble which of course we know was the plan. Have they ever won a treble untainted , or any competition for that matter , without the help from the usual suspects..?
Always cheated…..

Aberdeen, Celtic Hearts and Hibs all played players that previously not not part of the original sqaud

That was done as the Scottish FA amended the rules and made it public knowledge it wasn't right

The following changes to the cup competition rules were also agreed for the remaining fixtures in the competition:

• Players who have previously played for another team during the 2019/20 competition will not be cup-tied.
Let’s move the goalposts…..we can always move them back….

It is a bit of a stupid rule.

You could end up selling half your squad during the transfer window which is not uncommon for smaller teams, you are then forced to play youth players because your replacements are not eligible.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this changed at some point in the near future.

Back