Queen's Park get rid of Ray McKinnon despite winning the league

Coatbridge Chancellor

Real Madrid style hubris from the spiders.

The statement about 'something new for the Scottish game' etc is interesting.

Woman manger? Committee to pick the team? Strange times.

Good luck to them. The lower leagues need a boost of some sorts. Hopefully the likes of Kelty and other progressive clubs come up.

The season ticket holders get to vote every Friday night to pick the team.

Straight majority, so a player needs 20 votes to play.

VoPGYDT.gif

Shame Shelley Kerr has just taken another job - she might have been good for this one!

A Unicorn as manager?

Joined Morton in May 2018 to leave for Falkirk 3 months later, after speaking to them behind the clubs back.

What goes around, comes around.

I was in Greenock around the time of the first Morton v Falkirk game and the Tele had Judas pictures and all sorts, banners hanging from a bridge. They were going mental.

Joined Morton in May 2018 to leave for Falkirk 3 months later, after speaking to them behind the clubs back.

What goes around, comes around.
Yep, absolute scumbag. The Falkirk negotiations took place in his flat in Glasgow that Morton were paying for. He then signed Tidser, Morton best player, as well.
Good to see him on the receiving end.

They won the league comfortably because the level of player they had mainly were ex SPFL Premiership/Championship.

They were brutal to watch despite this and lost comfortably in the cups.

They'll try to get promoted first time from League 1 next season.

Maybe they want to play their games over 8 legs?

You know that's actually not a bad shout. Might impact the b teams in Lowland but Hibs did a link up/partnership with Stenhousemuir, could be an idea.
As much as it’s them, it’s not a bad idea and something we should be looking at as well as a colt team.

Get 4/5 players at a Airdrie, not any younger than 18 but players who might not reach the level or might be a late starter. One thing the colts will do is keep a lot of players who’d not make the grade at the RTC or make the first team. These tie ups and colt teams will be beneficial for Scottish football

More likely partner Celtic as there B team
As much as it’s them, it’s not a bad idea and something we should be looking at as well as a colt team.

Get 4/5 players at a Airdrie, not any younger than 18 but players who might not reach the level or might be a late starter. One thing the colts will do is keep a lot of players who’d not make the grade at the RTC or make the first team. These tie ups and colt teams will be beneficial for Scottish football

You can only loan a maximum of 4 players from another SPFL club. Previously this was 2 before this season and might revert back to that.

Queen's Park won't be becoming Celtic's B team.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the likes of Lennon/McInnes/Robinson in the job.

They have the money and they are planning on being an SPL side so interested to see who they appoint

I get that they’ve now a bit of cash but if they do make the top division do they really expect crowds to increase? What do they get at the minute? Couple of hundred? Hopefully not Gretna part two.

I get that they’ve now a bit of cash but if they do make the top division do they really expect crowds to increase? What do they get at the minute? Couple of hundred? Hopefully not Gretna part two.
I’ve often wondered why people bother chucking money into a Scottish club. Down south you could buy a club at any level (see Salford) and with good investment reach the championship or even the promised land of the premier league and make your money back. In Scotland the only way to make money is in Europe and to get there you would have to overhaul both Rangers and Celtic and then beat 2/3 teams in qualifiers whilst being unseeded.

I’ve often wondered why people bother chucking money into a Scottish club. Down south you could buy a club at any level (see Salford) and with good investment reach the championship or even the promised land of the premier league and make your money back. In Scotland the only way to make money is in Europe and to get there you would have to overhaul both Rangers and Celtic and then beat 2/3 teams in qualifiers whilst being unseeded.
Aye, I get the romance of QP with their history and years of amateur status until recently etc but there's no way it can be anything other than a money pit. We're the biggest team in the country and don't make a profit.

My theory would be they might be hoping to attract fairweather football fans in the southside. Whether that would be enough to make them sustainable I'm not sure.

What I don’t get is why a Celtic fanatic would fund QPFC as an investment to project them into full time football ( ? ) in the Premier . Why would Haughey do that what’s in it for him .

Couple of hundred and most of them are family/friends of the players!

Back