Question about Old Trafford

Bearsden Bear

Just curious.

At the other end from the Stretford end, nearest the side where the tv cameras are, there is a decent-sized section at the front, with the red manutd.com boards, with generous spacing between the seats.

Who sits there? Is it media, or disabled section, or what?

Disabled section.

Well looked after by the looks of it. For all their stadium has been neglected.

Always seemed to have it there quite a sizeable area

It’s right in front of the away section though. Must be dodgy in there at times.

It’s a disabled section. In the late 1960’s the whole end was still terracing only but was converted to seating above and a paddock below in the early 70’s.

It’s right in front of the away section though. Must be dodgy in there at times.

A great place to put them in relation to view however I know away fans in the corner however always thought might not be the right idea with the lowest common denominator many supports have. I do hope Ibrox next year rewards our own disabled section with something better i.e. back of enclosure under cover....or bring back the old blue cars that used to surround the track in the good old days )

Disabled section. My teenage nephew attends occasionally in his wheelchair with his dad. Both are Utd fans. Apparently it’s very good. Utd also put on an event every year for those who attend the disabled section, drinks, food and meet the players type event. Nephew went to that a couple of years ago and loved it.

A great place to put them in relation to view however I know away fans in the corner however always thought might not be the right idea with the lowest common denominator many supports have. I do hope Ibrox next year rewards our own disabled section with something better i.e. back of enclosure under cover....or bring back the old blue cars that used to surround the track in the good old days )

I know the corners wouldn’t hold a seating expansion, but I’d imagine if you remove the screens, you could create a pretty amazing platform for viewing from a disabled perspective.

Back