Question R.E Uefa Punishment

ClaudeTheProd2

Uefa’s punishment appears to relate to singing at St. Joseph’s game, does this mean there may be possible further punishments on the way as the same songs will have been sung at both Progrès and Midtjylland games?

This is a concern to me as it’s been stated 3 strikes and we’re out...FARE will do anything to f%*^ us over.

FARE have reported us for singing in every UEFA game we have played in at Ibrox since we got back to the top tier . Every single game .

They will continue to do so in the hope that they, as a partner of UEFA , hurt the club as much as they can . That is their reason for being. .

So it’s possible we could face further punishment for the games after St Joseph’s?

That is a huge worry for me as well. Given the time that has passed since the St Josephs game I am kind of hoping that this is a 'catch-all' sanction that covers all the previous games. I suspect I may be being optimistic in that hope though.:(

This is also my concern. It’s taken them 5 weeks to punish us for the St Joseph’s game, so I fear they may be gradually working through each game.

Uefa’s punishment appears to relate to singing at St. Joseph’s game, does this mean there may be possible further punishments on the way as the same songs will have been sung at both Progrès and Midtjylland games?

This is a concern to me as it’s been stated 3 strikes and we’re out...FARE will do anything to f%*^ us over.
The influence this mob have is as much a concern as the punishment we have been given.

Are FARE obligated to disclose games attended, reports made etc to public requests?

Secondly is there a statute of limitations for retrospective action?

My thinking is it would be interesting to compare the number of visits to Ibrox and the Knew Camp and then see the corresponding reports and what action was taken. I'm sure there is plenty video evidence online of offensive singing and banners across the city at European games and it would be interesting to see if they have all been reported.

Before anyone starts I'm not trying to Deflect from the issue in hand, it is what it is and we've only ourselves to blame. I just think this would be an interesting excercise to evaluate if the rules are being applied fairly, pardon the pun.

Granted out of the qualifiers so far I only attended the Midtjylland game, but I never heard any sectarian chanting (and I sit in BF4). There was the odd shout when a decision went against us but there wasn’t any singing.

Are FARE obligated to disclose games attended, reports made etc to public requests?

My thinking is it would be interesting to compare the number of visits to Ibrox and the Knew Camp and then see the corresponding reports and what action was taken. I'm sure there is plenty video evidence online of offensive singing and banners across the city at European games and it would be interesting to see if they have all been reported.

Before anyone starts I'm not trying to Deflect from the issue in hand, it is what it is and we've only ourselves to blame. I just think this would be an interesting excercise to evaluate if the rules are being applied fairly, pardon the pun.

The problem is that if UEFA find we have a case to answer and to sanction us it then becomes ever more difficult to argue that we are being unfairly targeted by FARE. I don't dispute that we are being targeted - but if we become 'serial offenders' it lets them justify their actions.

The issue is that FARE attend our games as enemies and their games as supporters. They need brought down. This cannot continue.

Granted out of the qualifiers so far I only attended the Midtjylland game, but I never heard any sectarian chanting (and I sit in BF4). There was the odd shout when a decision went against us but there wasn’t any singing.

Pretty sure 'We are Rangers' got an airing and also, however briefly, TBB.

The problem is that if UEFA find we have a case to answer and to sanction us it then becomes ever more difficult to argue that we are being unfairly targeted by FARE. I don't dispute that we are being targeted - but if we become 'serial offenders' it lets them justify their actions.
I don't disagree that if we're found to be in breach of the rules then punishments will come our way, I accept that.

I would just like to know if all incidents are being picked up outside of Ibrox.

We must go on the front foot and go legal on them. Make them produce evidence and if they cannot, we should be suing FARE for reputational damage.

I don't disagree that if we're found to be in breach of the rules then punishments will come our way, I accept that.

I would just like to know if all incidents are being picked up outside of Ibrox.

They obviously and clearly are not. That doesn't really help our case though. If we are in the wrong then we are in the wrong - no matter the actions of others that goes unnoticed.

They obviously and clearly are not. That doesn't really help our case though. If we are in the wrong then we are in the wrong - no matter the actions of others that goes unnoticed.
It doesn't help us right now but I hope to be watching Rangers in Europe for years to come. If we can start to get a handle on this and demonstrate that there are discepencies or bias on what is and isn't picked up we could at least even the playing field. If we do this whilst cleaning up our own act we will have nothing to worry about and hopefully those rats across the city will.

I think specifically that game there was a Eufa delegate in attendance, and the punishment is also a deterrent for future offences so I would like to think that only games after this Thursday will be under scrutiny.

FARE have reported us in every single European game we have played all last season and this season and Eufa have took no notice; their agenda is evident to everybody, Eufa included.

We must go on the front foot and go legal on them. Make them produce evidence and if they cannot, we should be suing FARE for reputational damage.

I'd love to see the precise wording of the charges brought against us and what we were 'convicted' of. I've no doubt that, in this instance, FARE/UEFA have clear evidence of 'discriminatory singing' - we all know it happened - but by pushing for details of the charges to be published it, at the very least, holds FARE's feet to the fire so to speak and puts an onus on them to disclose the details.

In truth, it doesn't really help our case though. We can't 'go legal', for example, because we breached the UEFA rules and FARE (UEFAs partner) collared us. I don't see a defence for us.

I'd love to see the precise wording of the charges brought against us and what we were 'convicted' of. I've no doubt that, in this instance, FARE/UEFA have clear evidence of 'discriminatory singing' - we all know it happened - but by pushing for details of the charges to be published it, at the very least, holds FARE's feet to the fire so to speak and puts an onus on them to disclose the details.

In truth, it doesn't really help our case though. We can't 'go legal', for example, because we breached the UEFA rules and FARE (UEFAs partner) collared us. I don't see a defence for us.
If they have evidence, then it’s case closed but if they don’t it’s besmirching the reputation the club and support. PSG and man city previously avoided expulsion from the CL by threatening legal action on UEFA, after serious FFP breaches.

If they have evidence, then it’s case closed but if they don’t it’s besmirching the reputation the club and support. PSG and man city previously avoided expulsion from the CL by threatening legal action on UEFA, after serious FFP breaches.

Which is why we'd win any case, the punishments are retrospective so we've had no chance to implement any changes or preventive measures.

We'll be fine unless it happens again.

Hopefully the brain donors in our support who there are a few of actually take notice.

Which is why we'd win any case, the punishments are retrospective so we've had no chance to implement any changes or preventive measures.

Hopefully the brain donors in our support who there are a few of actually take notice.
I’d hope this would be the case?

And of course footballing authorities are the paragons of virtue who would never make up illegal punishments as they go along.

I do hope you are right though.

What about the 3000 fans that will supposedly miss out just turn up as normal and take their seats . What's uefa going to do , phone the polis ?

We would forfeit the match and be kicked out of Europe. Not really a clever idea.
We 're getting kicked out soon enough anyway , let's be honest , nobody is offended by a song , and the word 19th Century Terrorist is not sectarian . This is a rod to beat us with and even if the singing stops , they will move onto something else until the inevitable happens . Anyone could see this was all going to come out way when we started getting momentum back . Wait till we go ahead in the league

We 're getting kicked out soon enough anyway , let's be honest , nobody is offended by a song , and the word 19th Century Terrorist is not sectarian . This is a rod to beat us with and even if the singing stops , they will move onto something else until the inevitable happens . Anyone could see this was all going to come out way when we started getting momentum back . Wait till we go ahead in the league
Yep, they are not normal people, just obsessed bigots whose hatred of Rangers is their raison d’être.

In 2019 alone the following other teams have had partial closures or worse for similar. I hope our support make sure we never appear on this list again (it is within our gift).

Levski Sofia
Partizan Belgrade (total closure)
Lokomotiv Plovdiv
Dinamo Tblisi (total closure)
Universitatea Craiova (total closure x 3)
SS Lazio
GNK Dinamo
Dinamo Kiev
Shakhtar Donetsk
Slavia Prague
Sturm Graz
AEK Athens (expulsion - probationary period of 2 years)
Olympiakos (total closure - probationary period of 2 years)
Eintracht Frankfurt (Away fan ban - probationary period of 2 years)

They don,t report Celtic mate .they are probably joining in the songs.

Yep, they are not normal people, just obsessed bigots whose hatred of Rangers is their raison d’être.
Of course it is . It's openly knowing the top brass of this organisation FARE are Celtic supporters , they are only going to target one club and won't stop . The club has to start calling their bluff on every occasion we are citied

It didn't take long this season for the sanctions to start eh? First,3000 empty seats,next a completely empty Ibrox then what? Kicked out of Europe? Banned for a period of years to hamper any lucrative income? Wonder when then domestic points deductions will start then? As soon as we get to the top of the league? By the way,has anyone ever been able to say what is sectarian singing about 19th Century Terrorist blood? Is the word 19th Century Terrorist only sectarian when you speak it then as opposed to flying it on flags or banners? That's not sectarian then? The club better get themselves the best legal representation and quickly because it's clear we're going to need it.

If we request the detailed information from FARE on the basis that it will assist the club in addressing these issues with our support then it could only be deemed obstructive if they don't provide it. I don't see how they could refuse an approach couched in those terms. Perhaps the club already has this information though and not divulged it yet.

Id say that altho nothing out of question with this mob the fact that we havent had a partial.closure and chance to clean up our act would make me think this would t be possible. However any chants against legia may resulr in rhe next sanction
Id also say that any hope of safe standing for UBs has now gone

That is a huge worry for me as well. Given the time that has passed since the St Josephs game I am kind of hoping that this is a 'catch-all' sanction that covers all the previous games. I suspect I may be being optimistic in that hope though.:(
They cant possibly do us for all the games. We could plead ignorance and say now we have the sanction the songbook will be cleaned up.
A reteospective punishment for three gsmes and kicked out of Europe cant be right

If we request the detailed information from FARE on the basis that it will assist the club in addressing these issues with our support then it could only be deemed obstructive if they don't provide it. I don't see how they could refuse an approach couched in those terms. Perhaps the club already has this information though and not divulged it yet.
They should have to give us the details anyway. It would be a kangaroo court otherwise.

So could we go after fare as they are,t part of UEFA they are only a partner organisation

So could we go after fare as they are,t part of UEFA they are only a partner organisation

We can all point at FARE targeting us - and they are - but the fact that they are finding cause to raise a case against us and UEFA are finding that case ‘proven’ and sanctioning us in this way means we are pissing in the wind. It will be seen as sour grapes or ‘whataboutery’. We need to clean up our act and then attack them from a stronger position.

We can all point at FARE targeting us - and they are - but the fact that they are finding cause to raise a case against us and UEFA are finding that case ‘proven’ and sanctioning us in this way means we are pissing in the wind. It will be seen as sour grapes or ‘whataboutery’. We need to clean up our act and then attack them from a stronger position.
See where you are coming from this mate.but have fare reported any other Scottish club or English club to UEFA.because basically I would question how neutral fare actually are.

I agree in a way if we sing they songs in this day and age we prob deserve to be punished

But surly the songs the Peados sing are in the same category if know worse. %^*& the queen. Ira songs singing about killing a British soldier cheer up our manger oranage basterd go home huns ect??

Surly our board have got to get a set of balls and fucking show this to uefa. Am no one for grassi g but how the %^*& can one Set of fans get punished yet the other side of the city have 10 charges in 7 years have banners saying %^*& uefa sing worse songs yet they don’t have a stadium closeur. Never been paranoid beofre but cmon th %^*& Steve wonder could see what’s going on here.

Rangers board stand up for our great club for once! And the rest of us need to learn our lesson no more shit with songs in Europe or league games.

See where you are coming from this mate.but have fare reported any other Scottish club or English club to UEFA.

Somewhere on another thread there’s a list of their recent reports covering all sorts of sports, not just football. It did include some English football clubs, lower league I think.

Back